Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nintendo Switch, the only console today making games which are games

PrettyDeadman

Nintendo went below and beyond my expectations. Too cheap for fucking PLASTIC, so they use PAPER instead. I don't see the point in this at all, cardboard will wear out in a couple of hours of play and they're selling this garbage for 80 bucks. Knowing nintoddlers they'll still eat this shit up.
Cardboard is more ECO-friendly.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Cardboard is more ECO-friendly.
You know, that's an amazing point, thank you for saying that. I couldn't believe I forgot the fact that after idiots buy this recycled paper they'll throw it away after they've used it for 20 minutes since it's so shit.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
Nintendo went below and beyond my expectations. Too cheap for fucking PLASTIC, so they use PAPER instead. I don't see the point in this at all, cardboard will wear out in a couple of hours of play and they're selling this garbage for 80 bucks. Knowing nintoddlers they'll still eat this shit up.
They point is to make kids build, modify and fix shit. They will be offering free stencils for download, so if something breaks you fix it with glue, tape and some amazon boxes. It's a fantastic idea for kids.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I can still imagine some 40 year old 200kg NEET dancing around with his fucking cardboard autism backpack and Switch.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-02-08-yes-namco-bandai-is-working-on-metroid-prime-4

Yes, Bandai Namco is working on Metroid Prime 4
Prime time.

By Tom Phillips Published 09/02/2018

Internet rumours this week pegged Bandai Namco as being the mystery studio behind Metroid Prime 4 - something multiple sources have now confirmed to Eurogamer as being accurate.

Specifically, the highly-anticipated Nintendo Switch exclusive is being developed by Bandai Namco Studios Singapore, which we understand is lead studio on the game in collaboration with Nintendo.

This studio houses some former LucasArts Singapore staff who previously worked on, among other things, the ambitious cancelled Star Wars 1313.

Metroid Prime 4 was briefly announced via a logo shown during Nintendo's E3 2017 broadcast. During a media pre-briefing, journalists asked Nintendo exactly who was behind the game. Nintendo declined to reply, except to say that Retro Studios, which created the original Metroid Prime Trilogy, was not behind the project.

Since then, speculation has been rife over who was working on Metroid Prime 4, but nothing more has been announced about the game since.

It is still relatively early in the game's development - there's no suggestion Prime 4 will launch this year (which, perhaps, might just leave room for a port of the Metroid Prime Trilogy compilation to get Switch owners up to speed on the story so far).

This week, fans began joining the dots after various teasing job descriptions were spotted on LinkedIn. Rumours began appearing on forums like Resetera and were then widely reported elsewhere.

In particular, Press-Start noted how Bandai Namco Studios Singapore staff members had not tried very hard to conceal they were working on something exciting.

Looking through their profiles, I saw staff saying they are working on a "secret" game, an "ambitious AAA title", a "very interesting unannounced project" and a game which will see "more exciting details" announced "soon (or later)!"

One staff member in particular, a lead designer, described themselves as working on an "unannounced IP (first person shooter/adventure exclusive to the Nintendo Switch)". This staff member also listed themselves as overseeing work on an exclusive Ridge Racer 8 for Switch, too - something Eurogamer has yet to also verify.

Namco is, of course, no stranger to working with Nintendo on the latter's biggest franchises. It developed Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U, as well as Pokémon spin-off Pokkén Tournament for Wii U and Switch.

When contacted, a Nintendo spokesperson told Eurogamer it did not comment on rumour or speculation.

I spoke with Metroid Prime series producer Kensuke Tanabe back in 2015 about his ideas for a fourth Metroid Prime game - including which story arcs and characters from the original trilogy might crop again, and which he now considered concluded.

Kinda hard to imagine a non-Retro M Prime. But lets give the other kids at Namco a chance too, yes?

I hope a Switch Emu will be out by then.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Mario kart is so good..... probably the only racer i could play hours in multiplayer and not get bored.

Currently its my nr 1 game on switch

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Nintendo also provides free online play

Edit: until 2018

September 2018 the paid online starts....... BUT, it will be only 20$ for a year and you get free games, so i'm ok with that.

compared to xbone and ps4 they want 60 for a whole year.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Nintendo also provides free online play

Edit: until 2018

September 2018 the paid online starts....... BUT, it will be only 20$ for a year and you get free games, so i'm ok with that.

compared to xbone and ps4 they want 60 for a whole year.
Well they would probably be ashamed to ask for more than $20, given that Nintendo's online infrastructure was always abysmal.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Considering Nintendo online is shit and the games they give away are retro according to their own words, not surprising. You get 3 relatively new indie or old AAA titles with Sony and Microsoft, and they don't need a mobile app either.

Walden

Savant
Very disappointed with the Switch, such a shitty console, it's been 2 months since I last touched it.
At least some recent good news:

Rolo

Literate
Very disappointed with the Switch, such a shitty console
Considering it's just a fucking tablet, that was to be expected. The PSP was released in 2004, beautiful 3D on a handheld has stopped being a noteworthy feature years ago. Its only draw is that Nintendo are the only ones to release Nintendo products, so if that's what you want you have no choice because Nintendo will watch the world burn in thermonuclear war before they release their games on third-party hardware. They won't, of course, because the direct competition would just underline just how much their games are nothing special. Most are good, some are great, but all get overinflated acclaim because Nintendo fans are essentially a captive audience. SEGA did fade away as a big name when they had to stop manufacturing consoles and now even mediocre Dreamcast games get praised as the best thing ever.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Very disappointed with the Switch, such a shitty console
Considering it's just a fucking tablet, that was to be expected.
wrong, switch has more powerfull hardware than ps3 and x360.... show a tablet that has such hardware today.

Most are good, some are great,

lol, that is enough reason to own a switch, to play great games, which xbone has none and ps4 has 1 or 2 good exclusives, while switch already has like 4

but all get overinflated acclaim because Nintendo fans are essentially a captive audience.
wrong again, i never owned a nintendo in my life but bought a switch because saw it has good games.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
wrong, switch has more powerfull hardware than ps3 and x360.... show a tablet that has such hardware today.
Almost all of them, the X360 and PS3 had like 500 megs of memory and low clocked CPUs, it's over 10 year old hardware. All of the current iPads are more powerful, and the Nvidia Tegra tablet is the exact same fucking thing as the Nintendo Switch hardware wise, it's the exact same SOC.
lol, that is enough reason to own a switch, to play great games, which xbone has none and ps4 has 1 or 2 good exclusives, while switch already has like 4
Yeah, 350 bucks plus amiibo and other shit to get the full experience in my bing bing wahoo games. Nintendo has some decent games but not enough to spend 350 for. The platform also has no multiplats and that's pretty important for me.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
lol bs

the switch GPU is 1 tflop in docked mode and xbone is 1.3 tflop. Tegra GPU has waaaay less gpu cores than switch so it's nowhere near even 1 tflop. Switch is much closer to a normal console than any other tablet currently.

The only weak sides of switch are 4gb ram and low clocked 4 core CPU, but it has a GPU almost on par with the xbox one.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Yeah, no shit. It's the case because it is a console, not a general computer, but the more expensive iPads are still more powerful.
Your teraflops don't matter for shit if you can't run the thing at full power half the time, not only does the battery not support that, the thing will also produce far too much heat if it did and this is also a bottleneck in console mode as they have to cut corners to be able to fit it on handheld mode.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Your teraflops don't matter for shit if you can't run the thing at full power half the time, not only does the battery not support that,.

oh wow, i run it in docked mode all the time, thank god for electricity !

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
As I said you stupid fucking nigger monkey, the developers have to compromise regardless if it is docked or not so mobile users can get the same experience and docking just ups the GPU clock the slightest to render a higher resolution.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Switch getting its Panzer General

World Conquerer X

large.jpg

+ Turn-based strategic warfare based around key events from World War II
+ Engage in historic battles from both the Allied and Axis perspective in Scenario Mode, with 40 battles in total
+ Build your own wartime empire in Conquest Mode from 1939, choosing from over 20 countries
+ Develop your HQ, earning access to powerful Generals and perks to turn the tide of battle
+ Consider all aspects of strategy – ground units, air and sea battles, establishing defenses and evolving your cities to boost your chances of success
+ Utilise touch controls in handheld mode or use a controller for portable, desktop or TV play
+ A Switch console exclusive

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Confirmed switch exclusives for 2018 and beyond that are worth of notice

Fire Emblem Untitled Project
Kirby: Star Allies
Mario Tennis Aces
Metroid Prime 4
Pokemon RPG Untitled Project
Shin Megami Tensei V
World Conquerer X

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Nintendo ups its Switch sales expectations to 15 million units after profits rise 261%

Revenue of 482.97 billion yen ($4.44 billion) versus analyst forecasts of 407.86 billion yen, according to Reuters estimates. This is a more than 177 percent year-on-year rise. It's also the highest quarterly revenue figure since the quarter ending December 2009.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/31/nintendo-earnings-q3-2017.html

J1M

Arcane
Honest question though, what is there to play after zelda and before metroid?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom