Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nintendo Switch, the only console today making games which are games

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Why do nintendo fans shill an obvious childrens game?
They don't have anything else than children's games. Plus, Nintendo fans are mentally disabled. They put up with overpriced physical DLC in McDonalds toys with NFC tags and their cuck console doesn't even have multiplats like other consoles do.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The funny thing is that for the first 12 month, Nintendo Switch is the best selling console of all time.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I highly, HIGHLY doubt it's gonna keep selling that well. The Wii U sold great the first year too, but it's all about consistently high sales like the PS4 rather than being great at the start. No shit it's gonna sell great if it has a super hyped up Legend of Zelda game and 3D Mario game at launch, but how long can they keep that ball rolling? I don't think for very long. I might be totally wrong, but that's my Hot Take™ on the subject, and I wouldn't really take the bet that it will outsell the Wii, probably not even the PS4.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, I don't think it will outsell the Wii. Maybe not the PS4 either. It all depends on Nintendo, though.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
It's 110% on Nintendo but Nintendo knows how to consistently fuck up in new and innovating ways, so we'll see.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
What? I swore that I hear somewhere that the first year it did good. I guess I got disinfoed.

My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The Switch is fine if you never owned a Nintendo Console before I guess? Nintendo just kinda does the same thing over and over for each console, sometimes better, sometimes worse. People keep lapping it up though if this thread is any indication. At least Nintendo games aren't complete crap, even if they're not exactly building much on top of old successes.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The Switch is fine if you never owned a Nintendo Console before I guess? Nintendo just kinda does the same thing over and over for each console, sometimes better, sometimes worse. People keep lapping it up though if this thread is any indication. At least Nintendo games aren't complete crap, even if they're not exactly building much on top of old successes.

If by doing the same you mean innovating with each iteration of their console and pushing boundaries of gaming (be it for good or ill) you're right.

The last time they did 'the same' was with Gamecube and that's over a decade ago, ever since they've been in many ways the industry settlers. Wii? Forced massive investments for both Sony and Microsoft to build their motion capture shit which both failed majorly. Wii U? While a failure of a console set the precedent for more mobile gaming. Switch? Welp, have these AAA games, but on the go, handheld.

Nintendo is the only company that pushes for new things rather horsepower + adding extra PC shit to their not-open-PC-systems and I am glad they do.

On top of that, Switch is actually amazing system and I love the fact I can play the games even when I have to get up to take a dump. Just bring it along.

Dexter

Arcane
Why do nintendo fans shill an obvious childrens game?
1515759606924.jpg

I highly, HIGHLY doubt it's gonna keep selling that well. The Wii U sold great the first year too, but it's all about consistently high sales like the PS4 rather than being great at the start. No shit it's gonna sell great if it has a super hyped up Legend of Zelda game and 3D Mario game at launch, but how long can they keep that ball rolling? I don't think for very long. I might be totally wrong, but that's my Hot Take™ on the subject, and I wouldn't really take the bet that it will outsell the Wii, probably not even the PS4.
http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

It'll break GameCube, maybe even Nintendo 64 numbers. But those were generally considered failures by Nintendo. I don't think it has any chance in hell of getting close to SNES numbers, let alone anywhere close to 3DS or Wii ones over its lifetime.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
switch will sell more than ps2...... wait till the new mainline pokemon rpg and metroid prime 4..... you will see the craze

Rumours are that the pokemon will be the reboot of the first pokemon..... the best one in the series

heres a quote

“Nintendo Switch remains on a record-setting sales pace,” said Piscatella. “Over the first twelve months in market, Nintendo Switch has achieved the highest installed base for a console platform in history.”

in the h-i-s-t-o-r-y

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS LOLOLLOL I WAS VISITING MY FAMILY AND MY BROTHWR BOUFHT A SWITCH

MARIO KART WAS FUCKING FANTASTIC AT LEAST THEY DID THAT SHIT RIGHT

Santander02

Arcane
You know hearing all this talk about the switch running into shortages and having the best Japan and North America launch evar I thought it had already sold better than the Xbone and on it's way to catch up with the ps4.

november-sales-1-2.png

november-sales-1-1.png

lol...

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
At this rate of growth it probably will but tbf the Xboner and PS4 have been out for like 5 years now.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
ps2 is the unchallenged best-selling console of all time right/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom