Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nintendo's new console: the Switch (formerly NX)

ChasinTheTrane

Literate
I'm expecting to pick up the Switch in a year or so when it's built up a library. How do y'all think third party support will be? Them showing off a 2K game was enough to build my confidence.

Unwanted

Fin

Unwanted
Edgy
How dose breath of wild compare to other openworld games? from what I'm seeing, it doesn't look much different from recent games.

Unwanted

Fin

Unwanted
Edgy
How dose breath of wild compare to other openworld games?
Its actually good
How good? because ibece mostly zelda fans who wouldn't touch an open world game and get excided on stuff that's already been done. can you list any negatives you have for the game which may not be big for you, but for others it would turn them away?

ChasinTheTrane

Literate
Its actually good
How good? because ibece mostly zelda fans who wouldn't touch an open world game and get excided on stuff that's already been done. can you list any negatives you have for the game which may not be big for you, but for others it would turn them away?
You won't like the game if you want to know all of the controls and options from the start. There's no tutorial and there's a lot to figure out. That's not for everyone, so it could be considered a negative. You spend a lot of time just adventuring. It's hard at times -- I've gotten killed by cold weather, only having a leaf as a weapon, a boulder that rolled backwards and a flood of enemies. Other than that, I'm not seeing many negatives right now.

Unwanted

Fin

Unwanted
Edgy
Its actually good
You won't like the game if you want to know all of the controls and options from the start. There's no tutorial and there's a lot to figure out. That's not for everyone, so it could be considered a negative. You spend a lot of time just adventuring. It's hard at times -- I've gotten killed by cold weather, only having a leaf as a weapon, a boulder that rolled backwards and a flood of enemies. Other than that, I'm not seeing many negatives right now.
And exploring? is there any reason to wonder around? The game seems pretty light on content and side stuff. Also from what i seen weapon shortage doesn't look like a problem as you run into theme every 5 seconds.

Astral Rag

Arcane
900P 30FPS in 2017... and apparently it can't even handle that:

d_HKai.gif

alY3Ze.gif

Also, the graphics and art style of this game are simply atrocious.

Last edited:

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
You do the same thing as in every open world game, but it's Zelda and there's some gimmicks like cutting down trees, so it gets 10 out of 10.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Damn, totally new console and having trouble holding 30 fps with drops down to 20. Must be the worst performance yet for a new console.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
It's a glitch while in docked mode. It runs 720P in mobile mode nailed at 30FPS. I suspect a patch will fix it.

What I like so far:

Open world with whimsy and great level design. Exploring Hyrule is a lot of fun and the world looks great. There's a lot of WindWaker charm here. The world is decently large and there is a ton of details to explore without the impression that they plopped set pieces all over the place.

You get a limited number of map 'pins' which give you a quest compass to them, but you place them yourself and you are limited to 5 at any given time. In this way it avoids the 100 quest marker lunacy.

Items such as your swords and bows and shields etc are fairly ubiquitous and are dropped by foes. They drop what they use against you. All items wear quickly, particularly if you use them to smash jars or wood items etc. I am early in the game so maybe that changes as you get better items.

ChasinTheTrane

Literate
Its actually good
And exploring? is there any reason to wonder around? The game seems pretty light on content and side stuff. Also from what i seen weapon shortage doesn't look like a problem as you run into theme every 5 seconds.
There's plenty of reasons to wonder around. There are tons of shrines, which end up being short puzzles to solve, that you can run into which is how you increase your heart containers and stamina. Combat is fun, so battling enemies for their weapons (or for treasure) is always fun. Plus, you can just grind as you would with any other open world game for items that you can sell.

Max Stats

Liturgist
So I guess a depressing amount of you suckers are going to buy Nintendo's Final Failure because they released a mediocre open-world game which exploits your nostalgia for the time when you were a little stupid child with really low expectations of games.

Not me, I bought the near identical Wii U version. Game's a blast either way, but go on with your bad self, I'm sure it will make chicks want you for looking so edgy.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
So I guess a depressing amount of you suckers are going to buy Nintendo's Final Failure because they released a mediocre open-world game which exploits your nostalgia for the time when you were a little stupid child with really low expectations of games.

Not me, I bought the near identical Wii U version. Game's a blast either way, but go on with your bad self, I'm sure it will make chicks want you for looking so edgy.

Figures that a Nintendo apologist would be a Wii U owner :lol:

illuknisaa

Cipher
My 6 year old machine can run crysis 1 (a decade old game) at 30-40 fps in 5760x1080 rez and nintendo is telling that their latest hardware can't run their own game which looks like like shitty unity crap at 30 fps. I bet I could go to the nearest grocery store and buy couple bags potatoes and make a better machine. In fact calling switch shittier than bag of potatoes is an insult to potatoes.

sullynathan

Arcane
My 6 year old machine can run crysis 1 (a decade old game) at 30-40 fps in 5760x1080 rez and nintendo is telling that their latest hardware can't run their own game which looks like like shitty unity crap at 30 fps. I bet I could go to the nearest grocery store and buy couple bags potatoes and make a better machine. In fact calling switch shittier than bag of potatoes is an insult to potatoes.
To be honest, the switch could also run Crysis

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom