Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nioh: Feudal Era Dark Souls

Hobo Elf

Arcane
This game is going to suck.

It's itemization still the same random garbage it was during the first demo?

They're not getting rid of the random loot. It was even worse in the Beta than in the Alpha because there was a boss who dropped a specific set of items (still with RNG stats but it had a good stat potential) and you could farm him for the set. This is what you can expect from the game as far as itemization goes.

Hyperion

Arcane
Yeah....Team Ninja definitely shit the bed on the plot part of the game. It was definitely to be expected based on their previous efforts, but it doesn't make it less much less disappointing. I'm a pretty big fan of historical fiction and it would have been interesting to see if they could successfully weave historical figures and events into their game. Hasn't been successfully done too often though.

Combat looks good enough to carry the game though. Should be worth a 6.5 - 7.5 / 10 at the very least.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Combat is pretty boring. You're fighting your own Ki bar more than the enemies themselves. And everything can be cheesed with the Living Weapon.

duanth123

Arcane
Combat is pretty boring. You're fighting your own Ki bar more than the enemies themselves. And everything can be cheesed with the Living Weapon.

Would you say better or worse than Lords of the Fallen?

As a consumer whore for anything Souls-like, that's my low bar.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Would you say better or worse than Lords of the Fallen?

As a consumer whore for anything Souls-like, that's my low bar.

It plays way better then lords of the fallen. Over all it is a decent game that has it own ideas on how to do things and beta/demo 2 was very fun to play and gave me the same kind of gropin tingles that Dark souls did.

Hyperion

Arcane

:negative:
At least the devs spend time on the Codex?

It's hard to be worse than Lords of the Fallen. I remember being torn on getting it, and a Gamestop employee actually begged me not to buy it.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
That "you're fighting the Ki bar more than the enemies" may just as easily be said about Souls combat. Or DMC - "you're fighting against the combo system more than the enemies". It's reductive to the point of absurdity. You have to actually care about your Ki bar in Nioh (unlike your Stamina bar in DS3 or Bloodborne), but that's a good thing.

I still stand by my statement that the combat system itself (putting aside enemy or level design) is significantly better in Nioh than in any Souls game.

sullynathan

Arcane
God, this game is probably going to be great by release. Each new trailer looks better than the last, probably a sleeper hit.

Hyperion

Arcane
1st video 10:30
"Hey how do we make Skeleton Wheels even bigger dicks?"
"I know! Let's make it leave a fire trail, breathe fire, and EXPLODE!"
"Wow, good idea!"

This game will be RAGE inducing. I'll be buying it.

sullynathan

Arcane
one thing from these videos I'm seeing is that these IGN and Gamespot players aren't taking advantage of the fact that you get a free critical hit when the enemy is out of stamina. They never use that.

Hyperion

Arcane
Looks like Sony is the Publisher, so not for awhile, if at all.

Deluxe Edition. Comes with the Season Pass for the 3 DLC.
Digital Deluxe edition includes the full game, five in-game weapons inspired by those found on Nioh statues across Japan, and a season pass to unlock three pieces of DLC containing extra missions, story, and a PS4 avatar.

The Season Pass includes three new downloadable story chapters – each with new enemies and quests – which you can access as soon as they’re available.

Featuring:

• Dragon of the North – Venture deep into Japan’s embattled Northern provinces
  • Defiant Honor – Fight in the bloody Winter Campaign of the Siege of Osaka
  • Bloodshed’s End – Bring the Siege of Osaka to an end during the Summer Campaign

http://www.gamereactor.es/articulos/361303/Las+respuestas+de+Nioh+entrevista+a+Yosuke+Hayashi/

Interview isn't in English, but it confirms PvP will be a post-release update added for free.

Interesting tidbit, game is being released in the US on the 7th of February, 8th in Europe, but not till the 9th in Japan.

Edit: Looks like those who completed the betas will get 1 DLC for free for each completion. Sounds like a pretty decent deal to me.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom