Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No Man's Sky

ortucis

Prophet
What is funny is that they mentioned releasing paid DLC before. So this "update" was going to be a DLC. Now they are forced to release all this game building shit as an update.

Also, you create you base so you can grow plants.. so you can mine shit in your base instead of outside. That's just fucking stupid.

toroid

Arcane
Except it's mostly only the people who already own the game logging in to check the new stuff. Of course there willl be a spike in players.

But will there be an increase in owners?

http://steamspy.com/app/275850

So far, the number of owners has slightly increased and then decreased again since the sale started. People still refunding it lol. Looking forward to the graph updating during the near future to see whether the 1.1 update draws more sales.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
They talked about base building and freighters only days after release, so this is clearly something they've planned since before launch. They probably had most of the work already done and wanted to sell it for 20$ or so. It's pretty good for a free update, setting aside the mediocre base game.

It's still too little too late, though. The game needs 10 such updates to be in decent shape, and I don't think Hello Games has it in them to commit to that.

Perkel

Arcane
setting aside the mediocre base game.

x-rebirth is lower end of mediacore and you can still have some fun from that
NMS base game isn't mediacore it is just plain bad 1 hour game repeated and stretched into infinity like stag party with ugly stripers and deluted drinks.

Perkel

Arcane
x-rebirth is lower end of mediacore and you can still have some fun from that.

No you can't. X Stillbirth is utter shit on every level, not even fun as a shootan game.

Don't you disagree I will cut you bitch.

I am talking 4.0 not release. They basically reworked a lot ui, added small ships and medium traders new sectors, you can start without campaign bullshit and so on.

I gave it a proper spin two three weeks ago and with all those changes game is a lot r but that is going from shit to mediacore.

I mean if it would at least run 60 fps my rig then maybe it would be even fun time waster from lack of better games but doing 20 fps in most of complex systems on i53470 is joke.

They also added SETA back, highway system also was reworked as it no longer works as tube with9 small tubes but free flow, you can buy also jump drive to yourship

Last edited:
i played only 4.0 and felt offended by how retarded every single aspect of the game was. i can't fathom how unbelievably lobotomized the game was at launch.

Perkel

Arcane
i played only 4.0 and felt offended by how retarded every single aspect of the game was. i can't fathom how unbelievably lobotomized the game was at launch.

Oh man you can't even imagine.

You actually HAD TO land on those fucking platforms and walk every single fucking time to quest giver which was just generic npc#343343 with 0 character or anything else that makes whole trip on foot worthwile. UI was garbage and it even run WORSE than runs now. I remember back on my q9300 that i switched it up and starting area was like 15 fps with almost nothing on screen.
There wasn't ANY small or even medium sized ships to buy only capital ships (lol wut), and it was buggy piece of shit too.

I mean now you can reasonably play as economic space sim in vein of X3 albait a bit retarded but on release even economy didn't work correctly as soon everything stopped as stations couldn't figure out how to properly manage resources. So you could hit a moment where there wasn't anything worwhile to buy.

Shipyards could fuck up resource management and unless you actually shipped stuff yourself to them you couldn't even fucking buy a ship as shipyard after a while didn't have resources to build stuff.
And there was that retarded campaign.

Fuck i wish X-Rebirth was actually good game because under that pile of garbage design choices there is ton of work on fantastic megastations that was put into it that could be used differently and fix X3 problem with production.

Rumor goes Ego are working on X4 which will be basically X-rebirth engine and graphics - retardation + changing player ships etc.

Still can't believe how massive this was after X3TC and AP. I mean their own people who bought their game told them to make more of it just with better graphic and Berndt decided they want joing console business and make dumb space sim with X game spicing.

Latelistener

Arcane
I don't get why they're patching and making content for X-Rebirth though. Probably some agreements with the publisher. The game was a flop, and no one is going to appreciate it anyway. It's easier to just scrap that shit and make X4 instead.

Also, fuck consoles, but I assume fans won't be able to stop Egosoft from going full retard.

Perkel

Arcane
I don't get why they're patching and making content for X-Rebirth though. Probably some agreements with the publisher. The game was a flop, and no one is going to appreciate it anyway. It's easier to just scrap that shit and make X4 instead.

Also, fuck consoles, but I assume fans won't be able to stop Egosoft from going full retard.

They do this for their every game. X3 at release was huge mess and they constantly patched it for years wih latest huge update dating like 2 years ago or something like that (at same time patching AP!!!).

Problem is though that under pile of rubble X3 was promising. X-Rebirth needs some major rework of concepts to work properly.

toroid

Arcane
But will there be an increase in owners?

http://steamspy.com/app/275850

Weird. The number of owners on Steam is lower now than it was the day the sale started. Maybe it needs a few days to self correct for all the refunds gunking up their algorithms. Or maybe LOL
HvFFh06.jpg

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Give it some days folks, the graph which now looks like a massive hardon will become a flaccid penis again.

lefthandblack

Arcane
There is an actual game here now. It's not worth sixty dollars but I got a copy for half that and I've been playing the shit out of it.

A forest moon.
NMS1.jpg

A paradise planet.
NMS2.jpg

A radioactive planet.
NMS3.jpg

A paradise moon.
NMS4.jpg

A Toxic Planet:
NMS5.jpg

A porcupine-shark trying to eat me. This was the first hostile fish that I've encountered; I wasn't expecting it to attack as all the fish I had found previously were timid.
NMS6.jpg

A plant eating tyrannosaur :roll: Though I have encountered the mean variety before as well.

NMS7.jpg

There is still alot of stuff that is clunky as hell, like the galaxy map. There needs to be more stuff to do, but if they keep working on it, it might actually live up to the hype.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't see any reason to get NMS based on how disappointing it was and how they're only implementing features that should've been in the game in the first place months after release, while some other similar games are still in Early Access and yet have more features than this, AND even have a lowe price point than this.

Like, seriously. This genre is overflowing with early access titles that cost 20 bucks (and are reduced to 10 bucks on a sale, like right now) and have more content than NMS.
I don't see how the devs can salvage this thing.

Latelistener

Arcane
At least those who have bought it may get something back. Although I too don't believe they will make something decent out of it. Too many flaws deep inside the core.
Moreover this content they are releasing for free may be just a part of the planned paid post-release content. There is no indication they will try to fix the game from their own pockets.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
No Man's Sky Designer Quietly Leaves Hello Games To Work On Star Citizen.

Codexer said:
Lol! Poetry in motion. From a game that ridiculously over-promised and severely under-delivered moving to a game that over-promises on their over-promises and hasn't delivered anything stable since day 1. 'Star Citizen' will make 'No Man's Sky' look like the most successful game ever that made every gamer the happiest gamer on Earth. Lol! From massive failure to imminent supernova-massive-singularity failure. I CANNOT WAIT to watch the world's biggest dumpster fire.

Santander02

Arcane
Does every single planet has life in this game? One reason I like messing around in Space Engine is clicking on random stars until I find one with life, even if as of now that life is only represented by colored rocks. Also I like to explore barren rocky worlds too and asteroids around gas giants. NMS doesn't have any of that?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom