Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No Man's Sky

Latelistener

Arcane
But... but... Sean Murray is such an altruist, gave us a BIG and FREE update. The game surely must be good now, right?

The logic of 99% positive reviewers right now, despite the fact that nothing has changed and they're doing the same thing as before (farming resources to fly to another planet).

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Okay I can give my final review for this game.
Shit/10, i'm done with this game, even mods cannot help here because core gameplay is inherently flawed, you just collect resources over and over again without no end, waiting for Starfield and Beyond Good and Evil 2.
When Makabb says it's shit, you know things are pretty bad.

Last edited:

Morkar Left

Did anyone here really really think this would change?

I don't know. There actually seem to be really changes involved. Basically they are trying to fulfill their promises. And their main appeal was actually the flying around and visiting countless planets and see the wildlife.

I never expected more than a popamole console game and nobody should have expected more. For consoles I can see it's as groundbreaking as Oblivion was for them.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
And their main appeal was actually the flying around and visiting countless planets and see the wildlife. .

But they also said it was supposed to be chillout,,,,, gathering 100 heridium to craft 50 plates of something to repair something that you need 100 of something to fuel it is NOT chillout but annoying.

Morkar Left

And their main appeal was actually the flying around and visiting countless planets and see the wildlife. .

But they also said it was supposed to be chillout,,,,, gathering 100 heridium to craft 50 plates of something to repair something that you need 100 of something to fuel it is NOT chillout but annoying.

Depends on your personal preferences. Some people consider that zen-like similar to fishing :D

Alexios

Augur
Patron
Go watch 20 minutes of gameplay of this if you feel like you might be falling for the myth that updates have "fixed" this game.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The new update makes the game much more interesting because now, with third person camera, you can actually watch yourself gather shit all day.

10/10 best game ever.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I don't know if the game is any good yet as I haven't even fixed my first ship or finished the tutorial section yet.

The interface is big with minimal slots, you shoot rocks and plants while holding the left mouse button down to harvest materials.

But the weird thing is that the menus require you to hold down the left mouse button and watch an apple circle spin just to click an interface button. I keep clicking menu buttons and nothing happens, then when I HOLD THE LEFT MOUSE BUTTON DOWN for a second or two it registers. I really don't understand it. I'm not sure why they discarded the whole 'click your left mouse button' thing that I've been using since the Atari ST/Amiga days.

It's confusing and annoying, I don't have high hopes for this. It makes you wonder if the devs have ever used a computer in their life before.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
There are people that fell for the X Stillbirth "updates made it better" scam too, so not surprising.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
455.jpg

Latelistener

Arcane
It's confusing and annoying, I don't have high hopes for this. It makes you wonder if the devs have ever used a computer in their life before.
Believe it or not, but shitty interface was one of the main complaints since the release (along with the flight model).
It was simply painful to play it, no matter the content or other flaws the game had.
Apparently, they don't even consider fixing it.

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I blame Destiny. It started this modern "totally sleek and not built for gamepads interface, but by god we'll force it on you" look.

maxresdefault.jpg

Drax

Arcane
Eh, tried a copy I found on the sea and it still runs at like 10 fps no matter how low the graphics settings are. The fuck is the game doing, it looks like shit why it's soo slooooow.
Fuck it, uninstall.exe

Drax

Arcane
What's the problem Goral ?

Edit: Oh, I get it, he was butthurt about me retardfisting one of his retarded posts so he went looking for my latest post to retardfist in retaliation lol. What a puss.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I pity all the foolish Youtube LP people who are now forced to re-visit this piece of shit because their 13 year old fans want to know if its fixed yet.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
If they can run around naked and pew-pew their 3 friends with LASERS in multiplayer, the 13 year olds will be happy.

Sad!

Zep--

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
With the NEXT update the game is finally what it should have been at release. The problem with that is, that what was promised at release was still a pretty bad, bland game. It's still an interactive screensaver. Just now it's a screensaver you can play with friends with a little bit more to interact with.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
With the NEXT update the game is finally what it should have been at release. The problem with that is, that what was promised at release was still a pretty bad, bland game. It's still an interactive screensaver. Just now it's a screensaver you can play with friends with a little bit more to interact with.

So are every other games, to be honest.

So is also life.

Sad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom