Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline No more mobile style?

Revenant

Can't browse the Codex comfortably on my superior smartphone Nokia N900. What gives

racofer

Thread Incliner
rpgcodex.png

zwanzig_zwoelf

Let's summon Apple users too.

سمَـَّوُوُحخ ̴̐خ ̴̐خ ̴̐خ امارتيخ ̴̐خ

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Tapatalk's standard across thousands of forums and it's the least trouble to maintain. Well, when it works properly, anyway. Not that you desperately need to use it to browse the Codex, unless you've got an utter shit phone and/or no wi-fi access the regular themes should work on mobiles just fine.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I have quite the nobleman phone, a Galaxy Note 3. The screen is large enough to browse on the regular website. I strongly encourage everyone to get rich, send more spice, and buy a Galaxy Note 3.

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
I just use the normal browser on my Samsung Galaxy Note anyway. It works fine. Don't even use Tapatalk.

Revenant

<...> the threads themselves should fit 800 on the fluid style.
Well they don't. The very body of the message does fit into 800 horizontal pixels, barely, but the part containing the poster's name and avatar doesn't.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I installed tapatalk recently, since it became free, and it's actually pretty good. Certainly better than navigating the actual codex from your mobile phone. Not to mention that it also shows all the recent active topics in which you have participated, a functionality the old codex had and the new codex lacks.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, N900 is not really a smartphone, its more of a micro PC with a 3,5" screen. If someone made a 5-incher with updated hardware and software I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

But yeah, no mobile viewing sucks, thankfully my phones 1080p res is enough to scale and read it with no zooming and scrolling around. Time to upgrade, bro. Wanna buy my old Lumia 920? ;)

Revenant

There is nothing to upgrade to, and likely will never be. N900 is a unique combination of a hardware keyboard, a proper hackable Linux OS and other nifty tools like a FM transmitter and TV output. Since Nokia isn't developing Linux phones anymore, the closest alternative is Motorola Droid 4, but it runs Android shit and is quite old already. I'm definitely just going with my N900 until it breaks and then remember the good old days.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I guess that explains why I'm still using a goddamn flip phone :negative:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I don't have problems with my screen size without tapatalk but it is kind of annoying when I can't write anything with my phone. And I can't install tapatalk on symbian.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Brofist this post if you want the mobile style back.

I'd add a poll but that requires more clicking on my part.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom