Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ninjerk

Arcane
What makes it an RPG tho

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Anyway, to prove that we´re still working on the game, here´s a little peek at our work desks.

Meet: Rene

2gEsv2t

Forty years ago Rene was an enlisted military man and now he is (grudgingly) enjoying his retirement days. In No Truce you can pretty much straight up walk up to him and play with his balls.

Rauno, the heavy lifting modeler here at ZA/UM Studio (I almost wrote Fortress Occident... this is going to take some time to get used to) had fun in ZBrush and Marvelous Designer:

2hoqFqC

2holh6H

and I´m almost done texturing the guy and will give those normal maps a more homey-craftsy handpainted feel before we plop him in the game and remove the stand-in Everyman character model for your viewing pleasure some time soon.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
That carabineer uniform was mostly inspired by real-world monarchist armies. I was kidding about the WINNING bit, but I did wish to imply that before I think of a budenovka, I think of a kepi.

Is there gonna be a good cop bad cop routine

Totally. Get your half light on and bring it to the old guy!

Prime Junta

I didn't say it IS budenovka, I said that it isn't but overall it resmbles Red Army man look.

Hmm disagree with that too. It looks like a pretty cool blend of various styles of somewhat archaic uniforms ca 1860 to 1920. First reaction was that it feels vaguely Austro-Hungarian...

Prime Junta

Yeh this looks more like a genuine spiritual successor to PS:T than T:ToN ever did. It's more of a tribute, this is the real deal.

(Don't fuck it up ZA/UM or I'll have to swim over and give you a piece of my mind.)

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Woukd be cool if we can roleplay as batshit insane, bipolar cop is a stand up law abiding officer at day, and a,psychopath at night.
Does this have day night cycle? I hope the build and mechanic allow this kind of style. You said yourself, not all build should be viable, but all builds should be interesting

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom