Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Fairfax

Arcane

Doesn't seem like you guys were important enough to warrant having your panel recorded and uploaded to YouTube aside from a brief mention in 0:48 :negative:
It would be a whole lot more refreshing to know what you guys actually had to say about it other than add ten pages to the thread overnight based on nothing but the title of the subject itself

Story in games is great and all but there are already lots of good books out there if that's what the player is looking for. The ultimate aim and purpose of games( especially RPGs) is to create a world where the player can make his own story through his own actions, inactions, skills or lack of skills. eg M&B Warband, Crusader Kings 2, Academagia and Battle Brothers (and maybe Archmage Rises when it comes out). These games give you something new and different literally everytime you start a new game, you get real consequences of action and you actually get to see a little luck randomness and unpredictability because everything isnt nailed down by the developers. Like I said story is great and all but it can be extremely limiting
Eh? I don't see how total freedom in what you can do is always better than more straightforward experiences. Sometimes it's the limits that you have which make you think outside the box.

Last year they uploaded the gaming panels a few weeks later, though I'm not sure if they included all of them.

Prime Junta

Also, is insisting, that a-fuckheapload-of-stuff is political, mainly a leftie thing?

Most people are sheep. They don't think of this stuff, they just mindlessly absorb and regurgitate the propaganda the world is feeding them, thinking their opinions are their own when they're actually doing what their masters want them to do.

Some people get a moment of clarity where they realise they're being manipulated. That's when they start seeing just how just about everything is political.

It probably is more associated with the left because the left is more associated with a coherent political ideology. If all you got is "freedom boo-yah" or "kill all joooos" you don't have the mental toolkit to see what's going on.

Although... this "fake news" thing. That's a very small leap from realising just how the news are fake, which is a very small leap from the realisation that fuck, everything really is political. There's a Bolshie in every Trumpling. All that's needed for him to get out is that moment of clarity, the realisation of just how much he's being had.

You're not the enemy, O Codexians of the Golden Face
Trump.png
. You're patsies. The day you realise that is the day you realise that full Communism really is the only way. Then you, I, and ZA/UM will join hands with our black, brown, and yellow comrades, and financial districts from Hong Kong to the City of London, Pretoria to Paris, Rio de Janeiro to Wall Street will burn. The expropriators will be expropriated, and the banner of the Revolution will fly high over the palaces of the bloodsuckers everywhere.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Also, is insisting, that a-fuckheapload-of-stuff is political, mainly a leftie thing?

Most people are sheep. They don't think of this stuff, they just mindlessly absorb and regurgitate the propaganda the world is feeding them, thinking their opinions are their own when they're actually doing what their masters want them to do.

Some people get a moment of clarity where they realise they're being manipulated. That's when they start seeing just how just about everything is political.

It probably is more associated with the left because the left is more associated with a coherent political ideology. If all you got is "freedom boo-yah" or "kill all joooos" you don't have the mental toolkit to see what's going on.

Although... this "fake news" thing. That's a very small leap from realising just how the news are fake, which is a very small leap from the realisation that fuck, everything really is political. There's a Bolshie in every Trumpling. All that's needed for him to get out is that moment of clarity, the realisation of just how much he's being had.

Trump.png
. You're patsies. The day you realise that is the day you realise that full Communism really is the only way. Then you, I, and ZA/UM will join hands with our black, brown, and yellow comrades, and financial districts from Hong Kong to the City of London, Pretoria to Paris, Rio de Janeiro to Wall Street will burn. The expropriators will be expropriated, and the banner of the Revolution will fly high over the palaces of the bloodsuckers everywhere.
And then it'll return to the old status quo after 50-100 years

ArchAngel

Arcane
You cannot beat human greed, you can only delay it for a while. At least it would let a few generations grow up and live in a better world.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Trump.png
And then what? Utopia for everyone?

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Trump.png
And then what? Utopia for everyone?

Joining the Venezuela-Zimbabwe axis of economies that have entirely disconnected from the global trade.
I have some difficulty understanding what is so great in the leftist ideal society where you have to stand in line for 8 hours to get toilet paper. Maybe my bowel functions are unsuitable for their idea of society, as I also like to eat.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A commissar hat is an acceptable compromise for not getting a commissar post though.
Utopias are retarded anyway, back to game.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
proletarian revolution

had its roots in working class - workers and farmers.
These classes successfully eliminated now, so don't you worry about any kind of revolution, it won't happen, clerks of any kind not capable of that.
Surely back to the gaem.

Last edited:

Mustawd

Meh. This is not really an rpg, but whatevah. Will prolly buy in a bundle at some point.

Prime Junta , don't really understand what you see in this game. Looks mediocre visual novel at best.

Love the art though. Hopefuly artist can work on a real rpg.

Anyway, I think I'm done following this. Good luck to the devs o7

Mustawd

Sorry, but a game with no combat is not an RPG to me and to a lot of other people. I'm not saying it's a bad game. But it's just dialogue choices. Meh.

EDIT: I guess I should also add that I'm happy yet another isometric game is being made. So I might buy this at release to support that in and of itself.

Mustawd

I dunno what that means. I'm just expressing my opinion of this game.

I like all kinds of games. But based on my experience I'm not a huge fan of games where dialogue is the only type of action you take. It's my taste, which I fully understand some people ITT and the devs don't share. I'm only expressing my disappointment with the lack of combat as added context for the devs. I'm probably in the minority of the people who will buy this (again mostly due to isometric). I still think it's helpful for them to understand how many people do not like it due to lack of XYZ.

I say they should make the game they want and to hell with pppl like me. But I still think it's helpful to know where ppl like me are coming from. Not trying to be edgy. Honestly.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I dunno what that means. I'm just expressing my opinion of this game.

I like all kinds of games. But based on my experience I'm not a huge fan of games where dialogue is the only type of action you take. It's my taste, which I fully understand some people ITT and the devs don't share. I'm only expressing my disappointment with the lack of combat as added context for the devs. I'm probably in the minority of the people who will buy this (again mostly due to isometric). I still think it's helpful for them to understand how many people do not like it due to lack of XYZ.

I say they should make the game they want and to hell with pppl like me. But I still think it's helpful to know where ppl like me are coming from. Not trying to be edgy. Honestly.
Except your statement is incorrect. This game will have combat and rolls, and health and damage and you will be able to die.
It will not have little 3d men moving around on a combat field to the exact place you tell them to but they will still move around. That is very different than saying it will not have combat.

Prime Junta

Mustawd Yeah it's not a game for combatfags, that's for sure.

But as I said in the preview, if The Witcher still counts as a RPG even though it has twitch combat, why wouldn't NTwtF which has adventure-game combat?

Different RPGs take the core RPG formula in different directions. The IE games pulled towards RTS, the Gold Boxes towards TBS, The Witchers towards twitch, the Mass Effects, Deus Exes and Alpha Protocols towards shooters. No Truce pulls towards adventure games. I can't see how that should make it any less RPG than any of the others.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom