Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
so was this Autumn 2017 release date a practical joke Kasparov or are you this faithful to the communist tradition of never delivering on promises

In the Soviet Union they ALWAYS fulfilled the plan to the dot!

I´m pretty sure that there´s going to be an announcement one of these days. Keep an eye out for it (if I don´t forget, I´ll even crosspost it here). You probably already noticed that regular blog updates have trickled to a full stop and have been replaced with me dropping by the Codex to do a cute little dance once a week and then run off again. So to calm your fears - everybody is just multitasking on three fronts and grinding hard to put the final spit and polish on this beauty.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
The triumvirate at the head of this noble enterprise are none of ´em "waiting" for anything. They´re all sleeves rolled up and elbow-deep in the Machine with the rest of us.

Cael

Arcane
In the Soviet Union they ALWAYS fulfilled the plan to the dot!
Oh, you know that's not true. The plan was always EXCEEDED.
Reminds me of the MiG-25. It exceeded the performance of the SR-71 which it was designed to shoot down, but... Only when unarmed and it can only do it once because the airframe became so stressed, it really shouldn't be taking off again.

That's an awfully expensive kamikaze machine...

Prime Junta

Reminds me of the MiG-25. It exceeded the performance of the SR-71 which it was designed to shoot down, but... Only when unarmed and it can only do it once because the airframe became so stressed, it really shouldn't be taking off again.

The first flight of the MiG-25 was in March, 1964.
The first flight of the SR-71 was in December, 1964.

:M

Cael

Arcane

The first flight of the MiG-25 was in March, 1964.
The first flight of the SR-71 was in December, 1964.

:M
The Soviets got wind of a new type of Mach 3 spy plane (and also the Valkyrie bomber) that was in the design phase in the US, and designed the MiG-25 to counter it. The bomber was a failure, but the spy plane eventually turned out to be the SR-71.

Prime Junta

Sorry, but that's kind of ... hogwash really, for a whole bunch of reasons too long to get into here.

(Also the MiG-25 never met, let alone exceeded the SR-71's performance, not even close. SR-71 had an operational ceiling of 25 km and top speed of Mach 3.5, while the MiG-25 was 20 km and Mach 2.8. Record speed was Mach 3.2, empty, and only once.)

Cael

Arcane
Sorry, but that's kind of ... hogwash really, for a whole bunch of reasons too long to get into here.

(Also the MiG-25 never met, let alone exceeded the SR-71's performance, not even close. SR-71 had an operational ceiling of 25 km and top speed of Mach 3.5, while the MiG-25 was 20 km and Mach 2.8. Record speed was Mach 3.2, empty, and only once.)
I can only go by what I have read. If it is wrong, then it is wrong. This isn't the place to argue it. I just brought it up for the lulz factor, which you have thoroughly ruined.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Too clean and pristine.

Is that a shipping container or the idea of a shipping container? An utopia? Was it all a dream?

Old-Rusty-Shipping-Containers.jpg

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
We’ve taken some artistic licenses to avoid making yet another Fallout clone while trying to steer clear of the cotton candy and rainbow milkshakes of WoW

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Every time I see one of these screenshots, I'm in awe by the artists' work.
PS - this is not yet a screenshot from the game. In-engime we have tons of stuff going on here that will make your eyes ‘gasm and your brain cry “Spoilers!”

Prime Junta

That was just lovely. How is it that you manage to make ugly things look so beautiful?

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
We have a juicer in the studio “kitchen” (a bar table with a coffee machine) and we just drop our hearts in there every morning, then carefully pour it into a funnel that leads directly into Unity

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Nobody know’s when we’re launching, but they’re sure looking forward to it:

Shoutout to our pals in Icepick Lodge as well. Ah! Such nice guys...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom