Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Non-English bad voice acting?

deuxhero

Arcane
Everyone knows all the main offenders of bad English voice acting ("My name is Ko and I'm beating down evil"). As a large portion of Codex posters aren't native English speakers, I figured I'd ask if anyone had some "gems" of non-English voice acting.

for as good as cinema italian dubbers are, the best in the world, videogames' are horribly flat and under atrocious adaptations.
one of the worst offenders was nocturne, whose characters even had heavy local accents because reasons.

deuxhero

Arcane
Somberlain
First line isn't obviously bad, but then as soon as he reads "Dumbledore" (completely wrong to my knowledge) and from that point on it's clear nobody in that dub knew what they were doing.

Don Peste
Enough American media uses "Bad Spanish Soap Opera" as a show within a show enough I'm familiar(ish) with bad Spanish acting (or how American TV writers/executives think it sounds), but at the very least the tone/pace of speaking is completely inappropriate for the scenes

Pablo1989
Can you point out a time in the video where the characters are speaking?

Last edited:

Pablo1989

Novice
Same voice actor speaks in...
Narrator in black/white intro
Hitler,s voice at end
Officer guy in winter level
and :P Woman secretary

deuxhero

Arcane
OK, found some parts of it. Thanks

The game actually looked like it could have been decent, then I saw the combat animations.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
French voice acting really fucking sucks a good 90% of the time, with a few exceptions such as Thief 1 & 2 (amazing voice acting, especially Garrett) and Warcraft 2.
I think the cake goes to MGS 1 as far as awful French voice acting goes. Absolutely terrible.

deuxhero

Arcane

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Rus localizations are fucking failures, all of them. In DA: Origins you could often hear failed recordings, that were forgotten (?) to be deleted from actual game.

Also, bugs. Bugs everywhere. Elven trannies? YES, PLEAS

Witcher 2 was bugged as hell. Lines were just missing, so you got people standing and STARING at you in silence.

But we russians have lot of experience from movies. Rus pirated movies of 90s had fucking epic voice-overs.

:russia:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
ITT: We learn that dubbing is fucking shit custom. In Finland we know that the original voiceover or soundtrack is always superior than the dubbing.

:martini:

pippin

Rus localizations are fucking failures, all of them. In DA: Origins you could often hear failed recordings, that were forgotten (?) to be deleted from actual game.

However, Rus VA managed to make Alistair finally sound like a real man.

baturinsky

Arcane
Some are quite good. Mafia and Max Payne 2, for example.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom