Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nonsense n' Chaos

Zibniyat

Arcane
So, Perpetual storm and my failure to cast Wrath of God? Wonderful. Brb, reassigning my recruitment to Winged Lancers. :smug:

Also, Brooden is the most OP nation in the entire universe and beyond. Fucking unbelievable.

Zibniyat

Arcane
I know there's still a day left, but I'll need a 24 extension... again. Tamaror's just too large with too many units for me to be able to finish it all in 3 days. Speaking of which, we will need 4-days turns from now on, seriously. 3 days have become too short a time for this game.

You can blame mondblut for that.

mondblut

Arcane
I am leaving to party, and seeing as no one but me has submitted with 2 hours left, I'll extend again. See, I am an equal opportunity staller.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I am leaving to party, and seeing as no one but me has submitted with 2 hours left, I'll extend again. See, I am an equal opportunity staller.

Oh I didn't get another email reminder(which I need desperately), I'll submit shortly.

Zibniyat

Arcane
FINALLY!!!
OH GOD YES! IT'S HEAVEN!!!

CAELUM STRONG!

25 THRONES REQUIRED TO WIN - 25 THRONES ARE IN MY HANDS! TURN NUMBER 111.

65c91b1672530f430bce865aa12ed539.jpg

2rgV06P.jpg

LEL, THRONE OF "MISFORTUNE".

d23ZI9n.jpg

VICTORY IS MINE! WOOHOO!

KoolNoodles mondblut Isiloon

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
My God who I stole from hoverdog, is still owning noobs in heaven. RIP (I forgot the boots last battle, woops)

fKUPFsi.jpg

FngzBEB.jpg

Well done though Anhur , finally.

Zibniyat

Arcane
I'll see to it that I make 1 final post detailing the last turn (111), with graphs, map etc. It was really a tough game. Like, 111 turns, never played for so long any previous game.

mondblut

Arcane
Congrats. Brooden stays forever undefeated on the field of battle (so much for your "i'll ignore the thrones until i kill you all, raaagh" meltdowns). I think i'll keep the guys for my sp games, they are lovely. If only more people would take turmoil, lol.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Congrats. I would have burned out far sooner (in Dec10 we're all nice people, so no one wants to start the Final War :lol:)

Zibniyat

Arcane
Wrap up:

Turn 111 - I control around 108 provinces in total (66 % of all provinces). Finished all the research.

Pictures:

map (green - Brooden, red - Damanhur, the rest - me i.e. Tamaror; also missed 1 Damanhur's besieged province in the second picuture)
OFnKLNi.jpg

vv5XRAf.jpg

graph - provinces

bEHBmbC.jpg

graph - income

XP92ghq.jpg
oj9wnSU.jpg

graph and table - gem income

2jFbNOO.jpg
007pv4s.jpg

graph - research

0UskvDO.jpg

gmAPBgY.jpg

graph - forts

p6XxnyC.jpg

graph - dominion

Oa6kG5V.jpg

graph - army size

9mIxzNI.jpg

Victory message:

ZVdRHir.jpg

Congrats. Brooden stays forever undefeated on the field of battle (so much for your "i'll ignore the thrones until i kill you all, raaagh" meltdowns). I think i'll keep the guys for my sp games, they are lovely. If only more people would take turmoil, lol.

Yeah, Brooden is insanely OP in its own dominion. As for my "meltdowns", they were merely to play psychological tricks while I rush for the thrones. I had no intentions of dragging this game beyond minimum necessity, and my sacrifice of hundreds and thousands of units against you were there to force you to go on the defensive while I gobble up the thrones. I also had 1 unclaimed throne remaining (level 1) - the Throne of Night. And with this turn conquest of one of Damanhur's Throne-provinces (level 1) that would make them 2. If anything "unexpected" occured I'd just teleport around and claim them whilst defending them from being breached by hundreds of flying units.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Congratulations on the victory!
But endgame graphs are less interesting than a description of how the game went :) How did you use Caelum? I've always been interested in playing them.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Damanhur was, in the end, an extremely frustrating nation to play. Essentially only fire and blood mages, extremely expensive sacred troops and H1 priests only. Literally only one non-sacred unit worth recruiting, ever. Almost every worthwhile unit/mage combination at MM1. Blood magic made it fun enough, as always , but it was a slog. Fighting a flying nation most of the game really hurt, because of reliance on blood hunting and slow troops. When I had a stockpile of StR shapechanging Devil mages and some well equipped demondred initially, it was easier to fight back against the raiding, but once they died off it was pretty much impossible.

Well, and the sneak attack hurt, couldn't recover. I was just a couple turns from having the rest of the forts up and attacking myself, but that's Dominions. Living on the edge of a knife. And mondblut, you should have joined in way earlier. :lol:

Edit: And Forge of the Ancients ended up being underwhelming for my nation. Sure I saved probably hundreds of gems on lanterns/shrouds/brands/uniques(and the ability to make them), but most of those uniques just sat around. Research never really caught up(started making lanterns after I had subbed in) to use gems/construction/conjuration well enough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom