Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Analysis

Section8

Cipher
The 'battle-dance' is very sweet and never done before NWN. KOTOR was even better;

as for implementing complex stuff, they DID. Power attack, rapid strike, double attack, etc etc etc.

What else do you want, without making it a ealtime action rpg??

I'd much rather have an action RPG over one where you click on an enemy and watch. Give me gameplay interactivity over pointless filler any day.

Andhaira

Arcane
Then play Jade Empire!

And seriously, if it had been an action rpg you would be bitching that its a clickfest and not a true rpg!!!

theres just no pleasing some people!

MasPingon

Arcane
NWN was horrible. It's closer to Diablo then BG except Diablo has better combat system. If I want to play h&s I want it to be at least entertaining. NWN 1 click & watch was so bad

Andhaira

Arcane
I've been here 8 fucking years.

:badnews:

fakeedit: Whatever happened to Section8 Did he ever make his millions of the pocket pussy kraze?

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
burrie said:
Playing NWN online with the DM Client is what made the game for me.

That, and Hordes of the Underdark was an entertaining romp.

Sounds a bit like NWN2. Shit original campaign, rather decent expansion. And how was the other expansion, Shadows of Whatever? Any good?

One of my consummate childhood experiences, along with HotU and the OC, but probably not worth playing in today's RPG climate. Not unless you have a sentimental attachment to Neverwinter Nights aesthetics and game feel.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
i thought it was fking sh1t and i thought the bg series was s h i t too but everyone can have their own opinion on games ^^ it just depends what they like :O

pippin

Once again, if you thought NWN was going to be 3d bg1+2, then you probably never noticed how every single piece of advertising said the game was going to have a focus on the online experience. It was thought as competition for the then blossoming MMORPG market.

The OC is nothing I'd ever play again. Actually, I've never played the expansions to completion. I guess I should do it...

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Once again, if you thought NWN was going to be 3d bg1+2, then you probably never noticed how every single piece of advertising said the game was going to have a focus on the online experience. It was thought as competition for the then blossoming MMORPG market.

Online experience and creating your own digital "pen&paper" group, the adventure never ends .. etc. NWN was to be a very un-massive multiplayer RPG.

Instead its engine became the basis of every single game Bioware game since. NWN developed into Kotor, which developed into Mass Effect and DA.

NWN was supposed to be a digital sandbox, but well. Good ideas and all that. It never lived up to the hype, but became a very profitable venture in the end. Good grief the original campaign was boring, but it was essentially just supposed to be a template.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
The OC is nothing I'd ever play again. Actually, I've never played the expansions to completion. I guess I should do it...

Without my tongue in my cheek I can recommend HotU. The first post of my write-up should give a good glimpse into what to expect.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter

Without my tongue in my cheek I can recommend HotU. The first post of my write-up should give a good glimpse into what to expect.

you have your own retard blog?

you're a bigger fagnerd then i thought u were lmao

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom