Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN2 Camera or Dragon Age Camera? Which is worse and why?

Geofferic

Educated
Quilty said:
Geofferic said:
The camera is fine. It's far better than the NWN2 camera. I had zero problems in the first play through, and none so far in the second.

Any complaints about the camera are likely coming from folks that don't own the game and just like to stir up shit.

How do hell did so many people already finish DA for second/third/etc. time?

I'm just gonna leave that up there for you to re-read. Also, the game is not long.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Hümmelgümpf said:
I hear DA camera is good for what it it.

I see what you did there and would like to slap you. Just a bit.

Volourn said:
I have a Radeon X1600 Series (0x71C2) . Not good enough.

I have 1.2 GB of RAM not good enough.

The computer and computer speed is fine.

That's a piece of shit. I'm sure you can get better with a budget well under 500 bucks, and if you're upgrading, within 300 easily. God, go out and get a fucking job or something; are you leeching taxpayers' money and living on food stamps or what?

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
I'm playing the 360 version and I have a couple questions about the Pc version. Can you issue commands while the game is paused on the PC version? Thats the thing I dont like about the 360 version and it might be why its easier. Also can you direct movement with point and click in the PC version. The console version controls like KOTOR except you cant direct attacks. You can pause the game and switch to different character but you cant issue a command to move or attack (at least I dont know how if you can). I wonder if thats true in the PC version.

I'm playing on hard and the game is the hardest RPG I have played in a while. I win the tough battles by playing chicken, setting up ambushes, and assigning passive tactics to the people that dont know how to survive. It would be easier if you could issue commands while paused like you can in the IE. I assumed the PC version was easier because you have those options.

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
Lesifoere said:
God, go out and get a fucking job or something; are you leeching taxpayers' money and living on food stamps or what?

lol are you serious? This is the US for god sake 300 dollars is a lot of money. We have never had more working people on food stamps.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
You can direct movement and issue commands while paused in the PC version, yes. Point and click is one of the options for movement.

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
Turisas said:
You can direct movement and issue commands while paused in the PC version, yes. Point and click is one of the options for movement.

Damn. I should have bought the PC version. Nevermind I checked the Bioware boards and found this.

Correct. You can go to the Options menu on the console version as shown in the Giantbomb Quicklook and switch it to either a Toggle where you have to pause again everytime after you use the radial menu.
Or "Hold" so you have to literally hold the trigger and issue commands to all your party and then let go, letting them do their thing

I been playing RPGs since Pool of Radiance and I would say this game is already tough. That should be an option by default.

It would be nice to be able to direct movement but you can switch to cautious tactics.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"I'm playing the 360 version and I have a couple questions about the Pc version. Can you issue commands while the game is paused on the PC version? Thats the thing I dont like about the 360 version and it might be why its easier. Also can you direct movement with point and click in the PC version. The console version controls like KOTOR except you cant direct attacks. You can pause the game and switch to different character but you cant issue a command to move or attack (at least I dont know how if you can). I wonder if thats true in the PC version. "

Um.. yes, youc an issue orders when paused in the 360 version. I do agree, hwoeveerr, this is possibly the hardest game I've played. I'm really thinking of lowering difficulty just so I cna actually get to finish the game in a reasonable amount of time and then go back a 2nd time and try it on hard 'cause dying as much as I am, almost every fight takes forveer. L0L

hoochimama

Liturgist
What kind of a party are you using?
I\'m also finding the combat challenging but I\'m not using any sort of area of effect attacks nor any cheesy tactics. Considering how the fights pit you against large groups it seems having one or two mages using AOEs would make things a lot easier.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Kaanyrvhok said:
Lesifoere said:
God, go out and get a fucking job or something; are you leeching taxpayers' money and living on food stamps or what?

lol are you serious? This is the US for god sake 300 dollars is a lot of money. We have never had more working people on food stamps.

But awww you're first-world consumer whores dwellers of the land of the brave, home of the free, what is 300 bucks but a piddling sum? Is that consumer culture of spending like fucktards and getting eyeball-deep in debt not paying off?

But in Volly's case, I suspect he never had much of a job, recession or not.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
hoochimama said:
What kind of a party are you using?
I\'m also finding the combat challenging but I\'m not using any sort of area of effect attacks nor any cheesy tactics. Considering how the fights pit you against large groups it seems having one or two mages using AOEs would make things a lot easier.
It does, especially if you make good use of the combo spells, Mages can own all kinds of encounters.

Mages who know the Glyph spells are fucking great, especially for handling choke points. One of the combo spells is laying down the Glyph of Repulsion, then casting Glyph of Paralysis on top of it; it creates a huge mass paralysis spell which is useful against large enemy groups, and also extremely useful for fucking up those enemy groups that like to hide in small rooms and ambush you; just throw a Repulsion Glyph at the entrance and when it knocks the enemies back into the room, finish the combo. After that you just simply send your warriors in to clean house.

Force Field is useful too; if there's a particularly strong enemy in the group, such as a Revenant or Desire Demon, you can trap them in it. They can't do anything and cannot be harmed while in it but at least it gets the heavy hitters of your back and gives you time to kill some of the weaker fuckers. You can also cast Crushing Prison on the enemy trapped in Force Field, which causes a huge shockwave that sends everyone near it flying. That's useful if your mage is getting rushed, just trap one enemy and then combo to blast the others away from you.

There's also some good ones to use against single opponents. Sleep + Horror does good spirit damage, and Vulnerability Hex + Drain Life gives you an improved health boost. Also more obvious ones like Freeze + Rockfist, or fire spell + Grease.

If you have a shitload of mana you can cast Blizzard, then Spell Might, and then Tempest for a very strong primal combo attack.

Combo spells help immensely, though I still get my ass kicked quite a bit. I also never have very many Lyrium potions either.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
I use Death Siphon to counter the lack of mana pots. As there are almost always heaps of enemy corpses, you go from no mana to almost full fast.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
It has to be said that the isometric mode is fucking terrible. Can't zoom out nearly enough, not enough control--ironically, WoW has a much finer camera control than either NWN or DA, which is funny in all the wrong ways.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"WoW has a much finer camera control than either NWN or DA, which is funny in all the wrong ways."

Bullshit. NWN has the bbest camera ever.

The camera is passable, at least compared to NWN2, but trying to see enemies higher than you is a real pain, and trying to see if something blocks your aim is almost impossible especially since some objects seem to have a good amount of invisible wall around them.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
You heard it here, folks. According to Volourn, it is impossible for a game's camera to be better than NWN1's.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"You heard it here, folks. According to Volourn, it is impossible for a game's camera to be better than NWN1's."

Nope. Never claimed that. Just hasn't been one created yet. In the future, maybe.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Tell us, Volly, do you believe that by adding "BULLSHIT!!!!!" to your posts, you'll sound more convincing or more intelligent?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Neither. RAGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEE ON THE CODEXXXXXXXXXXX INTERNETZZZZZZZZZZZZ

relootz

Scholar
Lesifoere said:
It has to be said that the isometric mode is fucking terrible. Can't zoom out nearly enough, not enough control--ironically, WoW has a much finer camera control than either NWN or DA, which is funny in all the wrong ways.

Why would it be funny? There are a lot more morons who play WOW and pay 10 dollars every month so no wonder Blizzard listens to them immediately. Dont wanna risk the moneycow.

Anyway i dont know why they didnt make the camera completely adjustable like in NWN, then it would have been perfect.

Arcanoix

Scholar
Lesifoere said:
Hümmelgümpf said:
I hear DA camera is good for what it it.

I see what you did there and would like to slap you. Just a bit.

Volourn said:
I have a Radeon X1600 Series (0x71C2) . Not good enough.

I have 1.2 GB of RAM not good enough.

The computer and computer speed is fine.

That's a piece of shit. I'm sure you can get better with a budget well under 500 bucks, and if you're upgrading, within 300 easily. God, go out and get a fucking job or something; are you leeching taxpayers' money and living on food stamps or what?

EVGA GeForce 250GS Superclocked at 890mhz with 1GB of video card memory. $160. Fucking Amazing.

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
Volourn said:
Um.. yes, youc an issue orders when paused in the 360 version. I do agree, hwoeveerr, this is possibly the hardest game I've played. I'm really thinking of lowering difficulty just so I cna actually get to finish the game in a reasonable amount of time and then go back a 2nd time and try it on hard 'cause dying as much as I am, almost every fight takes forveer. L0L

I'm playing on hard and it dosent seem that tough. I'm not that far into the game though. I'm at the point where you have to run to the Circle of Mages to save the boy. So far its still easier than the last levels on a Mario game.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
" So far its still easier than the last levels on a Mario game."

That's funny. I managed to beat Mario when I was barely more than a baby. LMAO

Don't make shit up. The Mario games are EASY.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom