Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Myst Obduction from Cyan (Myst, Riven)

AN4RCHID

Arcane
More reviews:
http://uploadvr.com/obduction-vr-review/
http://www.roadtovr.com/obduction-vr-review-oculus-rift-myst-vr/
http://attackofthefanboy.com/reviews/obduction-review/
http://www.avclub.com/review/obduction-perfect-reminder-what-made-myst-so-great-241472

AV club says it's "10 - 20" hours long, UploadVR says "You can expect to spend at least 10-15 hours finishing this game, but likely closer to 20 if you possess only a mortal puzzle solving mind."
They waited till today to delay the VR release :negative:

Last edited:

flyingjohn

Arcane
Wow this game eats up ram, i have 8gb and the game is using 7.
And the micro stutters and camera drops are really annoying.(probably connected to ram issues)
Waiting for patches before continuing.

Villagkouras

Arcane
The game runs like shit. Constant stuttering even if I turn everything to low (which is unexcusable). Ok, I don't have the best rig out there, but when I get completely playable fps in Medium/High 1920x1080 in Witcher 3, Dark Souls III, ROTTR etc, I can't blame my pc for this mess.

I guess I'll wait for patches.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'll jump in once the performance has been improved. The reviews are pretty glowing.

I'll jump in once the performance has been improved. The reviews are pretty glowing.
But from who and for who
fubu1.jpg

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Downloading now from GOG. Videos I've seen looks like it starts of pretty much like Return to Zork.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Played a little last night, don't know what you are all complaining about, the game runs perfectly smooth on my laptop maxed out so you all with your GTX 1180XXX Ultra Titanium Z's should have no problems. Or maybe it's patched already, I got the GOG Galaxy download.

Sound is a little shit even though I have the quality set to high, the narration sounds like someone speaking down a drain pipe over a WW2-era radio. But I think that's intentional.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I still have not gotten my key. :negative:

I just checked and I haven't either. Even though I don't have time to play this at the moment, I hate it when backers receive their keys (too) long after release.

I still have not gotten my key. :negative:

Did you receive an email with instructions for re-sending? I didn't get it but as soon as I did the Humble re-send, I got it (Despite being Humble, you'll get the GOG or Steam key if you please there).

Anyway, I played for a minute and fell through the terrain. Hope to give it more of a chance later.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Lucky bastard. I've been trying for like 2 hours to get out of the terrain, that's your first goal.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Thanks Whisky :salute: I *believe* this is the last of the older kickstarters where I had used my old e-mail address and moved and was forced to change it to a new one. ugh.

E-mailed them to update to my new one, hope this will work.

KazikluBey

Cipher
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Got my backer e-mail in the time they said they'd send them, but I didn't get to play it until now.

6 hours in, it's pretty good. The game runs well for me with a Geforce 770 and an i5 CPU of the same age. Nothing has really been difficult so far, but the "puzzles" are all logical and the 'connected worlds' thing is used to good effect.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Yeah, makes me wonder how this can be a spiritual successor to Myst after all, you don't need to be an autistic, drunk alien to figure out anything.

Leechmonger

Arbiter
Myst wasn't hard at all. Riven was harder, but still doable. Myst 3 was about the same as Myst. And Myst IV was both extremely hard and extremely poorly thought out.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Hard? More like incomprehensible. No logic whatsoever. Easiest one was the last because muh tablet.

KazikluBey

Cipher
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Aside from difficulty (so far), if you want to compare with the Myst series the closest is certainly Riven, I think. The problems you're faced with are not arbitrary puzzle stations with no reason to exist, but rather follows naturally from the game world.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom