Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Oblivion Review

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
VD, trying to even convert and redeem those far beyond our reach.

:salute:

Horag

Novice
Jasede said:
Actually, you are wrong. It's not "showing you're a part". It's just a way of expressing that one really can't be bothered arguing with you since the Codex has had discussions like this 354352323405943059 times in the past and the senior members are getting really tired of it. Think of that granky grandfather you once knew that says "Whassup?" to some young kid and the proceeds to ignore it. I'd give you a nice flame but I am too tired. Sorry. :(
Ok ok now I understand, that true for 99.99% old big thread you wake up, no surprise I'm traveling on old roads. That's the problem, you cannot read fully those big old thread.

No problem to not get my flames, I understand it's boring and even more when you don't have the energy and time lost available right now! :D Particularly with new subscribers, it's seen too often and too boring, I know! Man the few I read from this review and from few post read here, hurt me enough so I couldn't resist to throw my arguing.

Ho men, I should really stop read and reply this thread, not that I have much better things to do :mrgreen: but I need sleep sometimes and after finish Gothic 3 before to have to finish it in my tomb! Thanks for the nice post trying to answer me, and for the sheeps, false or not, the truth is that social acts is important even in forums! :cool:

Horag

Novice
Arg Vault Dweller you catch me, I'll go sleep later... :roll: Gothic 2? Lol I doubt Morrowind or even Dagerfall could in anyway compete with it. If all good CRPG had to match some design points of Gothic 2+NOTR (many options are added by the addon if I'm not wrong) to not be a crap I would hate CRPG because most would be pale in comparison. Many features of Gothic 2 are pale but sure not this point.

Arcanum? Mmmm I'll try if I can put my hand on it.

Lingwe

Liturgist
The review is too long so I read it fully

I'm sure if you pick up any non children's book that you'll find that it is quite a short piece of writing. That you were not able to finish reading it does not reflect well upon you.

Mareus

Magister
Horag said:
It's weird to wake up a very old giant thread but well. I haven't played yet Oblivion but I played Morrowind and enjoyed it even if it's not my favorite RPG of all time.

I tried read fully the review and some post and there's something I don't understand. Why Morrowind is better than Oblivion? Many changes quoted by the reviewer are improvement. I haven't seen any that are the reverse. Ok eventually I skip the right info from the mass of information.

I also read some quotes that are just wrong according from my previous experience of Morrowind. Is this really different with Oblivion? I quote :
- Crossbow/bow sucks. Ok no crossbow in morrowind so why complain if it sucks in Oblivion, it's not cool but that doesn't make Morrowind better.
- Long range fighting sucks. Ok but what's different with Morrowind? In Morrowind specialized in bow soon get you fight with no danger that are boring. But there's ton of stuff to do with long range sometimes that was quite fun. Do a few hunting, in some complex architecture combine flight and long range for some smart tactic cool to find (and you don't need high fly skill and ton of mana), Have the thrill to kill with long range and aim well before the beast is on you. Long range fighting agains various long range oponents. Ok in Morrowind at a point long range starts to be boring once you exhausted all the fun experiments but is Oblivion worse?
- Predefined classes suck if you want to optimize your char: Ok that was true too with Morrowind so wha't the problem? Do you own class and stop whining about that.
- Many skills are worthless ok it depends the way you play it, and then for some play some skills was useless in Morrowind too.
- I quote : "You can do the quest in any order but the game is linear". Lol do you know what linear means?
- Choices in dialogs aren't real choice. Sure as in most RPG but very few and in a very limited range. Morrowind was quite limited on this how Oblivion is worse?
- Sneaking to steal people doesn't bring tons of bounty. Ha well what's the problem? Stop the greeding and enjoy the pleasure of sneaking (until you get so powerfull that it becomes boring, at least in Morrowind). Plus don't limit sneaking to stealing there's many other usage you can do of it.
- Urge main plot pressure which is false, common many RPG failed in this, like BG2 and even often Morrowind. We are used to this and know it's not true time pressure.
- Bandits attack when they see you. Ok but in Morrowind too. For few you could calm them down with a spell and get some talk but nothing very far where to go but sometimes. Is this not possible anymore? The reviewer seems not know play the game.
- And many more.

Ok the main plot seems better in Morrowind, well it wasn't that marvelous in Morrowind but ok quality I admit. But only a very very small part of the game.

Apart the main plot, the point is why Morrowind better than Oblivion????

I am sorry for opening an old topic, but some people really agitate the hell out of me when they start talking with no arguments. People like this guy above... Hmmm... could be Todd or Gavin from Beth hehe :D

Now... whoever you are it seems to me you are not a very bright person. First thing: Play Oblivion and only then can you start accusing someone for not making any sense.

Second: it seems to me you never played Morrowind much because there ARE actually crossbows in Morrowind... you can find one in Balmora if my memory is still serving me well. And even if they weren't that good as bows, it was nice that there was an option that allowed you to use a crossbow. In oblivion they didn't just take out crossbows... oh noooo.. they took out spears, darts, throwing knives, levitating, etc...

Third: Everything Vault Dweller said about Oblivion is 100% true. Play the game and you will see it for yourself. The story doesn't have any depth whatsoever. It cannot even compare with the story of Morrowind. Dialogs? Jesus Christ... 6 people giving voices to 1000 characters??? Options dumbed down to Rumors, Quest, Goodbye? And you say same as in Morrowind??

Fourth: Urging main plot in Morrowind? HAHA.. you really never played the game. How many times did Caius Cosadus (i think that was his name) tell you to go train yourself, or rest yourself before he sends you on a more dangerous path?? In Oblivion its literally like this: I return all tired and exhausted form the battles and a hard quest behind me and Baurus (i think that was his name) starts giving new orders with not a single question or anything about what i just did. He just starts: "There is no time to waste... HURRY!" And when i am done with that quest there is another HURRY NO TIME quest waiting for me. :shock:

Go shoot yourself in the head or something, because you have no idea what you are talking about. Oblivion is just and average game.. not because i say so, but because there are no arguments to state otherwise.

Morrowind is a great game even without the mods. Sure it has it's flaws like every game, but miles away from Oblivion in any regard except game mechanics and graphic.

DraQ

Arcane
@Mareus:

I do agree that Morrowind is great, if terribly flawed and somewhat lacking in the C&C department, game, but what's the point of discussing post made by some evidently clueless fuck who made all his posts between 13.08.2007 and 14.08.2007 again?

Mareus

Magister
DraQ said:
@Mareus:

I do agree that Morrowind is great, if terribly flawed and somewhat lacking in the C&C department, game, but what's the point of discussing post made by some evidently clueless fuck who made all his posts between 13.08.2007 and 14.08.2007 again?

I totally agree, but such clueless morons always piss me off. Even if he made that post 10 years ago, i would still have to give my word to it, just for the sake of logic and arguments. He didn't even play either of the games for crying out loud :x , and there he was trying to act like he saw flaws in Vault Dwellers review, which was BTW one of the most honest and best Oblivion reviews i have seen so far...(but unfortunately if you wanted to write all the flaws of Oblivion i think 100 pages wouldn't suffice) :roll:

It's easier to flame someone who won't stand up for them selves, eh? There are more than enough retards to flame as it is, so harden the fuck up and quit this silly necro-spree. You're preaching for the choire in any case.

Mareus

Magister
Dementia Praecox said:
It's easier to flame someone who won't stand up for them selves, eh? There are more than enough retards to flame as it is, so harden the fuck up and quit this silly necro-spree. You're preaching for the choire in any case.

Oh, so what are you? His lawyer? Tracking down my posts and spreading insults while all i did was commenting things.

Look man, that guy brought it on himself by commenting a good review while obviously not playing the game. It is people like that who piss people off. You just cant talk about things until you played them, because you cant talk with arguments. END OF STORY.

And its dumb-asses like you who flame things up with unprovoked insults. So bug off. Put a finger in your ass and suck on it; maybe some of that brown matter will get to your brain.

Lay off shitforbrains.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Mareus said:
Dementia Praecox said:
Oh, so what are you? His lawyer?
He is actually.

Mareus said:
Tracking down my posts and spreading insults while all i did was commenting things.
Actually you seem to be tracking down every Oblivion thread and digging them up, then flinging insults at people who've seemingly long gone.

Mareus said:
:80's lol:

Mareus said:
, that guy brought it on himself by commenting a good review while obviously not playing the game.
Yes. Hooray to you for bringing it to his attention... A whole eight months after the fact. Go you!

Mareus said:
It is people like that who piss people off.
... and people dredging up old shit to show someone what-for, when that person is probably long gone? Yeah, they don't piss anyone off. No sirree. Nu-huh.

[/sarcasm]

Mareus said:
You just cant talk about things until you played them, because you cant talk with arguments. END OF STORY.
MOAR LIEK NEVERENDING STORY AMIRITE?

Mareus said:
And its dumb-asses like you who flame things up with unprovoked insults. So bug off. Put a finger in your ass and suck on it; maybe some of that brown matter will get to your brain.

Lay off shitforbrains.
Oh sweet, sweet irony.

lol I say give the kid a break. He is obviously screaming for attention and acceptance from Codexia! Thats usually what the sods who praise fallout + torment in their first posts do, while at the same time diss obvlivion.

Mercus, you would be better off actually PRAISING oblivion! Make a thread wherin you rabidly defend oblivion for 10+ pages.

It will do wonders for your popularity.

Mareus

Magister
DarkUnderlord said:
Actually you seem to be tracking down every Oblivion thread and digging them up, then flinging insults at people who've seemingly long gone.

First: I didn't insult anyone until i was provoked. My worse insult was: You are not very bright it seems to me. Read my post if you haven't. And there were a few comments about shooting someone in the head. I would hardly call that flinging insults. To demonstrate my point i will fling a few insults now on a dumb metallic-breath moron(YOU), for not having arguments, and trying to provoke me in which you succeeded. Now there you have flinging insults. :lol:

Second: I only commented Oblivion in 2 threads. Maybe you should also stick a finger in your ass and start sucking on it to get some of that brown matter to your brain. I heard it works miracles on poor dumb fucks, like you, whose IQ is lower than retarded bacteria.

Third: I dont give a crap if a person is long gone, because criticizing reviews of a game which he didnt even play, deserves at least some comment about that person not being too bright for engaging into arguments with no knowledge of what the hell is he talking about. Why? ...To prevent others dumb-asses into engaging similar activities. There you have it. Now do everyone a favor and put your lip over your head and swallow.

:lol:

I m having a blast here :lol:

Wow, going for the big kill I see. I predict massive lulz.

Edit: Cut down on the emoticons. They should be used with extreme care. When in doubt use :insert fitting but non existing emoticon:. Heed my advice and you'll level up faster than you're able to post.

Mareus

Magister
Brave Diplomat said:
lol I say give the kid a break. He is obviously screaming for attention and acceptance from Codexia! Thats usually what the sods who praise fallout + torment in their first posts do, while at the same time diss obvlivion.

Mercus, you would be better off actually PRAISING oblivion! Make a thread wherin you rabidly defend oblivion for 10+ pages.

It will do wonders for your popularity.

NEVER! No surrender until Oblivion gets where it should be hehe.

BTW i am no kid, and i actualy like word fights :)

As for attention... no. Never been to popular, because i am just a game freak. Actually never wanted to be popular. Thats for guys from Beverly Hills. :lol:

Mareus

Magister
Dementia Praecox said:
DarkUnderlord said:
Dementia Praecox said:
Dementia Praecox said:
I seem to recall some vague mentions about upgrading the forum-software? Is anything becoming of that?
How about answering stuff that matters for a change, eh?

I wish i could answer that, but unfortunately i dont know anything about it. I m really just very passionate about games, and it pains me greatly to see injustice in any form. i guess thats why i always play a paladin, although yesterday i decided to give myself a go at flinging insults. Must say it was pretty fun to be evil for a while.

Mareus

Magister
Dementia Praecox said:
Whatever, now go clean up those flames of yours. When you're done I don't want do see a single emoticon in there. Go!

I m actually starting to like you old man. Sorry for being rough on you, but you have to admit it was pretty darn funny.

As for cleaning up those emoticons... Naaah.. Too much of a hassle.

Tell you what. No more emoticons from me. Deal?

Mareus said:
I m actually starting to like you old man.
Well fuck you then. You're supposed to fear me.

Sorry for being rough on you, but you have to admit it was pretty darn funny.
BZZT, wrong. Never be sorry. Never.

Also: darn? What are you? Catholic?
img_6.jpg

As for cleaning up those emoticons... Naaah.. Too much of a hassle.
You passed the test with maximum XP.

Tell you what. No more emoticons from me. Deal?
You don't tell me jack shit. But I'll let it pass this time. Deal.

Homework:
  • Don't add spaces between every sentance. See the posts of aries[somefuckingnumber] for an example of NOT how to use spaces.
  • That ... -thing you've got going? Ditch it. It worked in third grade. You're not in third grade, are you?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom