Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Observer - first person cyberpunk horror game starring Rutger Hauer

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://observer-game.com

https://af.gog.com/game/observer_system_redux?as=1649904300

From Layers of Fear devs:

The year is 2084. If you somehow survived the Nanophage, odds are you were killed in the War. Those who live have turned to drugs, VR, neural implants— anything to distract themselves from this new reality. You are Daniel Lazarski, an elite neural detective known as an Observer, and part of a corporate-funded police unit whose purpose is to hack and invade suspects’ minds. In this future, anything you think, feel, or remember can be used against you in a court of law.

When you receive a mysterious message from your estranged son, a high-level engineer for the almighty Chiron Corporation, you journey to the seedy Class C slums of Krakow to investigate. But as you hack into the unstable minds of criminals and victims to look for clues, you are forced to relive their darkest fears. How far will you go to discover the truth?

With cyberpunk legend Rutger Hauer (Blade Runner) as Detective Lazarski, >observer_ is a first-person psychological horror story that focuses on a dark, dystopian setting. Developed by Bloober Team, the creators of Layers of Fear, >observer_ is a horror experience meant for mature audiences. What you see will disturb you.

Features:
  • The Future of Fear - Discover a dark cyberpunk world beset by plagues, war and squalor. Play as the new front line of neural police as you hack into the jagged minds of the insane.
  • Interactive Insanity - Designed to disturb, >observer_ is a psychologically twisted, interactive horror experience that will leave you questioning your reality as well as your very sanity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Falksi

Arcane
Like the look of this. Lots of scope for their imaginationto run riot. Hope that they make the most of that.

Beowulf

Arcane
Layers of Fear was an allright walking sim. If anything they did the reality swiching around you shtick quite competently.
So, I hope it will indeed be "meh", but in the - "meh, those weren't totally wasted 4 hours" way.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
It seems like it has investigation elements too. It looks really promising, I just hope it's not another walking sim with some light gamepley.

Self-Ejected

ManjuShri

Self-Ejected
tumblr_optoicQIup1r5gwhfo2_500.jpg

tumblr_optoicQIup1r5gwhfo3_500.jpg

PrettyDeadman

Bought it. I'd rather play Absolver right now, but I guess Obsolver will also do.

PrettyDeadman

Just launched the game.
Can someone please tell me wtf am I looking at?
Why instead of the game it launches some kind of a ?shop? thing
jxXIWDk.jpg

PrettyDeadman

The game is actually called ">observer_", not Observer, and it is about the crooked Polish Empire.

So far the games looks to be very well made. Beginning gives me Condemned: Criminal Origins vibe, with you conducting detective work in first person while there is a rain and stuff. Just like in Condemned, you do forensic analysis of a crime scene with different "vision modes", but here its literally vision mods (akin to Batman games), not so gadgets you utilize.

PrettyDeadman

Implying observer?
So fair it looks very good.
Plays like Condemned detective mode, but with good graphics (they previously made Layers of Fear) and ?good? voice acting. Also cyberpunk, not serial killers (i like serial killers more). Gameplay a bit popamolish (don't have inventory, just interact with objects in the enviroment, speak with npcs).
I've been playing like half an hour so far, maybe things become different.
A bit on a walker simulator side....

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That store thing on the GoG version?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom