Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

Sentinel

Arcane
It will be so cool Obsidian releases the trailer for their super secret project (Boyarsky-Cain). Even the 20 sec trailer would suffice for now. 2016 would end less painfully.
It's confirmed that the secret project is lead by them?

What games is Obsidian working on right now? PoE 2, what else? I read a list somewhere on Codex a few weeks ago but totally forgot... Please remind me someone...

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...discussion-thread.84849/page-157#post-4871963
thanks

Looks like Pathfinder RPG is not happening, instead we'll get Vampire RPG.

Since people seem to have forgotten this - there is no real indication that Obsidian are working on a Vampire: The Masquerade RPG. This is what Feargus said earlier this year: http://www.rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=10304

White Wolf Publishing registered Vampire Bloodlines. Would you like to work on that?

I think Vampire would be really cool, but that’s the tough bit – there are so many cool things, there are so many awesome things out there.
OK, so far we know there's one secret RPG project they're working on... is anything known about it yet?
Triple A multiplat made on UE4

Fairfax

Arcane
It's confirmed that the secret project is lead by them?
Tim Cain is the Project Lead, Boyarsky is Lead Designer.

Where'd you get that, from MCALeaks?
mystery.png

Sort of.

Well, if that's true then I think there are VERY VERY high chances they're working on Vampire RPG.

Brian Heins said in the interview they are not making Vampire RPG. I think they are making their "Skyrim" or Backspace project got resurrected.
Bethesda probably owns whatever they made for Backspace.

I hope it's something based on the Vernian adventure concept they had for Journey to the Centre of Arcanum. If not, I think something retrofuturistic is still a safe bet.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh, was this mentioned here?: https://www.obsidian.net/jobs/open-positions/design/936-narrative-designer

Narrative Designer (Senior)

Obsidian Entertainment is looking for an experienced and talented Narrative Designer to work on our original IPs.

That listing disappeared, but now there's another identical one: http://www.obsidian.net/jobs/open-positions/design/946-senior-narrative-designer

Senior Narrative Designer

Obsidian Entertainment is looking for an experienced and talented Narrative Designer to work on our original IPs.

Again, no clues hinting at a specific game other than "original IP".

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Who do they think they are, who's going to read their broken website?

They need to scour the internet for top writers and beg to come work for them, any salary, anything, just please come work.

What a bunch of clowns.

REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
  • Cover letter, which should include:
    • Why you are interested in working at Obsidian Entertainment
:deathclaw:

Yeah I'm sure Gaider had to write a cover letter to beamdong.

Rev

Arcane
Again, no clues hinting at a specific game other than "original IP".
The only IP Obsidian actually owns is PoE, and since Fenstermaker has left the team it's fairly obvious that they would need another narrative designer for PoE2.

Rev

Arcane
Not sure "original IP" necessarily means "owned IP".
Yeah but it's still the most obvious choice. They need another narrative designer on that team and we all know they're working on it right now.
Cain and Boyarsky's project could be an original IP or something based on a license, for all we know. Also, it's probably in a less advanced state than PoE2 at the moment, and they have more work to do on the engine there, since they're not using Unity or their previous framework for it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
On the other hand, you'd think that if the game is in an advanced state, it already has a Senior Narrative Designer. :M

Fry

Arcane
You'd think coming up with the story would precede the visual design work we've seen, but I suppose they could just be testing new rendering workflow.

Quillon

Arcane
It was kinda rhetorical question, since this is the first written confirmation of whatever they are cooking... that I saw.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
http://www.obsidian.net/news/3-obsi...rt-leading-roundtable-discussion-at-dice-2017

Feargus Urquhart Leading Roundtable Discussion at DICE 2017

We are proud to announce that Feargus Urquhart, CEO Obsidian Entertainment, is going to be leading a roundtable discussion at DICE 2017 this year!

fearus-urquhart-2017.jpg

Feargus Urquhart
Chief Executive Officer
Obsidian Entertainment

Immersing players in World - The Past and the Future

Many of us have been building worlds for years - ten, twenty, or even thirty of them. When we look back at the games we made with far less technology, are we overly reliant on shiny new tech now, and are there things we can learn from what we did way back then?

Heretic

Cipher
He should really lose weight.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom