Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

vortex

Fabulous Optimist

Rev

Arcane
I never expected that, honestly. It would've been pretty interesting to see Obsidian's take on Deus Ex.
One thing we can be sure of is that we would've had a game with worse gameplay than MD but also far better story and characters (easy job, given that they're quite bad in MD), and maybe more reactivity.

Prime Junta

MCA would've been a perfect fit for DX. The original was all about turning things inside out and upside down, taking a premise and pursuing it to the bitter end and beyond. Just what he so excels at. DX:HR was the complete opposite; even DX:IW pulled that off better. Didn't even bother with the last one.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
So that's the reason Sawyer was "researching stealth" back then. I think I remember it being speculated that it "might" be an Obsidian Deus Ex game.

Ninjerk

Arcane
We might have gotten a game that wasn't MGS3:I Never Asked For This totally faithful successor to Deus Ex. :negative:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Last edited:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

Fry

Arcane
Strong knowledge of human and animal anatomy, materials and garb

754ab9e75e3765ea70d9e4f968fb1603.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Klarion

Arcane
This next-gen console Unreal 4 game... It's going to be for PC too... right?

I bet it'll be VTMB sequel... Paradox just acquired it's IP and VTMB got big fanbase. Plus you got guys who created it working for your business partner, Obsidian... it's a no-brainer.

Cain and Boyarsky both being leads kind of gives it out too...

Last edited:

Latelistener

Arcane
Deus Ex from Obsidian would probably fail miserably among the fans, because it's gameplay they wouldn't be able to deliver, but then again, judging by the sales, no one really asked for Human Revolution 2 (aka Mankind Divided) either, and another perspective could've helped the franchise.

And since SE sold Eidos in slavery...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I bet it'll be VTMB sequel... Paradox just acquired it's IP and VTMB got big fanbase. Plus you got guys who created it working for your business partner, Obsidian... it's a no-brainer.

"We're not making a Vampire game" - Brian Heins

Prime Junta

Deus Ex from Obsidian would probably fail miserably among the fans, because it's gameplay they wouldn't be able to deliver

The original games couldn't deliver gameplay; the fans are used to it.

That's an often-repeated canard but it's still bullshit. The original DX had excellent gameplay. It was just a little different from what the look and feel led you to expect. DX:HR is shallow and uninspiring by comparison, despite cover mechanics and all that commotion.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Deus Ex from Obsidian would probably fail miserably among the fans, because it's gameplay they wouldn't be able to deliver

The original games couldn't deliver gameplay; the fans are used to it.

That's an often-repeated canard but it's still bullshit. The original DX had excellent gameplay. It was just a little different from what the look and feel led you to expect. DX:HR is shallow and uninspiring by comparison, despite cover mechanics and all that commotion.
Are you crazy? Original Deus Ex has shitty awful gameplay. Some of the most floaty combat gameplay there ever was and poor char building.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron

"We're not making a Vampire game" - Brian Heins

I forget, did he explicitly say Vampire or World of Darkness? Because in lieu of that Werewolf the Apocalypse game announcement it might be even more intriguing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom