Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Weren't Anthony and MCA besties before that whole thing happened? I wonder if that's still true.

MCA seems to be willing to burn every bridge there is to see the Upper Management go down in flames. We'll see the next wave of MCA rage next time Obs gets some spotlight/Indiana reveal :bounce:
I don't think that he burned many bridges,there is quite a few studios that would take him in hearth beat,most of them are in glorious Europa.

Developer
I genuinely doubt that at this point Josh is going to leave Obsidian. He seems to have carved himself out a little enclave there, plus as for now Feargus seems to believe him the next MCA. Or at least did. Part of that seems to be his ability to handle/manipulate the fatty ginger in his favor.
How long that will last for who knows.

Partly because Feargus is just bad at reading his audience, and really good at ignoring/taking for granted the company's core audience.
The fat ginger just doesn't seem to get what makes a great game, and keeps trying to turn his company into something it isn't and can't be.
And the reason it can't be what he wants it to be? A good part of it has to do with him.

It wouldn’t make much financial sense for Josh to leave for a year after PoE2’s release anyway: Any % of financial compensation Ferg gives him from Pillars would most likely be tied to him remaining working at the company, so he’d want to wait a few financial quarters and cool his heels until after, say, a Complete Pillars edition when the numbers are likely maximized and only then seriously consider departing (I don’t know about any financial % for consoles, but that could drag out the time as well until those sales come in). Also, I strongly doubt Ferg would pay what's due when it came in, he'd try to ration the payments out as slowly as possible if past practice is to be believed.

If Josh is planning to chill for a year, though, and rebalance Pillars without directing/write the Pillars PNP and oversee Indiana that may be the plan (I don’t know): Those kinds of tasks are faaaaaaaar easier than being a Project Director and are an effective way to coast out the rest of his time at Obsidian if he’s burnt out, as indicated - usually when someone indicates (publicly) they're "burned out" and they are downscoping their own duties, that's sometimes an indication they may be looking to move on - and it's already selling the move to the public as well. Again, I don't know for sure, so this is just a guess.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
he'd try to ration the payments out as slowly as possible if past practice is to be believed
I don't know what it is with asshole bosses, but mine did the same. For no obvious reasons to me.

Sentinel

Arcane
Again, I don't know for sure, so this is just a guess.
Of course you would say it's just a guess, you have to keep up the pretense that you hate Josh Sawyer and he totally hasn't told you in private that he plans on leaving Obsidian.
Pretty sure he answered the Josh Sawyer question on the shitstorm thread and the abridged answer was that he likes Josh.

Latelistener

Arcane
Pretty sure he answered the Josh Sawyer question on the shitstorm thread and the abridged answer was that he likes Josh.
He said almost the same about Eric, but when Eric actually appeared in that thread what we saw was:

gLaUE.jpg

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Eric Fenstermaker was pissed that he his name appeared in this thread, because he was ferociously FOR fucking employees in the ass and didn't want his name associated with anything that says employees should be treated well. He was revolted that anyone put his name and leftist ideas anywhere on the same url. He wants to have slaves (or be one) and is open about it. Offer anything but slavery and he gets enRAGED.

Sawyer seems like a more normal guy. Never thought I'd say that about Sawyer.

Last edited:

Latelistener

Arcane
Eric Fenstermaker was pissed that he his name appeared in this thread, because he was ferociously FOR fucking employees in the ass and didn't want his name associated with anything that says employees should be treated well. He was revolted that anyone put his name and leftist ideas anywhere on the same url. He wants to have slaves (or be one) and is open about it. Offer anything but slavery and he gets enRAGED.
Chris Avellone should have fired him personally for insobordination back in 2008-2010, when he refused to work with his lead John Gonsalez, so George Ziets could have been the lead writer on PoE.
He's literally nobody, didn't write anything worth mentioning, but caused Obsidian so much trouble by driving away both Gonsalez AND Ziets and maybe someone else more talented than he'll ever be.

Last edited:

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Philadelphia Financial Management Of San Francisco Cut United Ins Hldgs (UIHC) Stake By $12.45 Million; Obsidian Energy LTD. (OBE) Sellers Decreased By 6.64% Their Shorts
August 16, 2018 - By Mary Bollinger

Philadelphia Financial Management Of San Francisco Llc decreased United Ins Hldgs Corp (UIHC) stake by 53.08% reported in 2018Q1 SEC filing. Philadelphia Financial Management Of San Francisco Llc sold 655,016 shares as United Ins Hldgs Corp (UIHC)’s stock rose 6.81%. The Philadelphia Financial Management Of San Francisco Llc holds 579,082 shares with $11.08M value, down from 1.23M last quarter. United Ins Hldgs Corp now has $907.83 million valuation. The stock increased 0.62% or $0.13 during the last trading session, reaching $21.2. About 48,154 shares traded. United Insurance Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ:UIHC) has risen 30.54% since August 16, 2017 and is uptrending. It has outperformed by 17.97% the S&P500. Some Historical UIHC News: 10/05/2018 – United Insurance Holdings: Reinsurance Pacts Provide Sufficient Coverage for Approximately a Single 1-in-400 Year Event; 08/05/2018 – United Insurance 1Q EPS 20c; 23/04/2018 – DJ United Insurance Holdings Corp, Inst Holders, 1Q 2018 (UIHC); 31/05/2018 – OMAN UNITED INSURANCE SAYS WITH REGARDS TO INSURED’S PROPERTIES, RECEIVING CLAIMS NOTIFICATIONS FROM IN & AROUND SALALAH REGION; 16/03/2018 UNITED INSURANCE HOLDINGS CORP FILES FOR NON-TIMELY 10-K – SEC FILING; 10/05/2018 – United Insurance Holdings: Total Cost of 2018-2019 Catastrophe Reinsurance Program Is About $374M; 31/05/2018 – OMAN UNITED INSURANCE – UPDATES ON IMPACT OF CYCLONE MEKUNU, SAYS THERE ARE NO DAMAGES TO COMPANY’S OWN PROPERTIES; 10/05/2018 – United Insurance Holdings: Reinsurance Pacts Provided More Frequency and Severity Protection; 08/05/2018 – UNITED INSURANCE HOLDINGS CORP QTRLY CORE INCOME PER DILUTED SHARE OF $0.40; 08/05/2018 – United Insurance 1Q Rev $180.1M

Obsidian Energy LTD. (NYSE:OBE) had a decrease of 6.64% in short interest. OBE’s SI was 11.39M shares in August as released by FINRA. Its down 6.64% from 12.20M shares previously. With 1.38M avg volume, 8 days are for Obsidian Energy LTD. (NYSE:OBE)’s short sellers to cover OBE’s short positions. The SI to Obsidian Energy LTD.’s float is 2.57%. The stock increased 3.14% or $0.03 during the last trading session, reaching $0.98. About 301,634 shares traded. Obsidian Energy Ltd. (NYSE:OBE) has declined 24.14% since August 16, 2017 and is downtrending. It has underperformed by 36.71% the S&P500. Some Historical OBE News: 07/03/2018 – Obsidian Energy 4Q Loss C$58M; 06/04/2018 – OBSIDIAN ENERGY SAYS FRONTFOUR WILL NOMINATE 2 DIRECTORS; 10/04/2018 – FUELLED SAYS AGREEMENTS WITH ENCANA AND OBSIDIAN ENERGY TO ACT AS PRIMARY SALES AGENT FOR EACH ORGANIZATION’S SURPLUS OIL AND GAS EQUIPMENT; 06/04/2018 – OBSIDIAN ENERGY – 2 OF FRONTFOUR’S ANNOUNCED DIRECTOR NOMINEES, MICHAEL FAUST & STEPHEN LOUKAS WILL BE INCLUDED IN SLATE OF 10 DIRECTOR NOMINEES; 16/04/2018 – Obsidian Energy Closes Below 200-Day Moving Average: Technicals; 10/04/2018 – Obsidian and Critical Role Announce Collaboration for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire; 11/05/2018 – OBSIDIAN ENERGY LTD QTRLY FFO SHR $0.07; 05/04/2018 – Obsidian Energy Access Event Set By AltaCorp for Apr. 10-11; 17/04/2018 – Obsidian Therapeutics Presents Preclinical Data from Regulated Cytokine Programs that Enable CAR-T Therapies with Controllable Functions; 10/04/2018 – Obsidian Energy at Non-Deal Roadshow Hosted By AltaCorp Today

Investors sentiment increased to 1.24 in Q1 2018. Its up 0.17, from 1.07 in 2017Q4. It is positive, as 6 investors sold UIHC shares while 32 reduced holdings. 11 funds opened positions while 36 raised stakes. 13.04 million shares or 3.50% less from 13.51 million shares in 2017Q4 were reported. Goldman Sachs holds 62,249 shares. 210 are held by Howe Rusling Inc. Indexiq Advsr Lc accumulated 103,836 shares. California Public Employees Retirement reported 31,900 shares. Prescott Grp Capital Mgmt Ltd Liability Company stated it has 0.19% of its portfolio in United Insurance Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ:UIHC). Principal Financial Grp Inc holds 0% in United Insurance Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ:UIHC) or 157,296 shares. Franklin Street Nc has 0.06% invested in United Insurance Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ:UIHC). New York State Teachers Retirement stated it has 16,566 shares or 0% of all its holdings. Ameriprise Financial holds 0% of its portfolio in United Insurance Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ:UIHC) for 106,612 shares. State Of Wisconsin Invest Board owns 462,000 shares for 0.03% of their portfolio. Royal State Bank Of Canada reported 0% stake. Guggenheim Cap Ltd Liability Co invested 0% of its portfolio in United Insurance Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ:UIHC). Pnc Serv Gp invested 0% of its portfolio in United Insurance Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ:UIHC). Bnp Paribas Arbitrage, a New York-based fund reported 6,452 shares. Zurcher Kantonalbank (Zurich Cantonalbank) holds 0% of its portfolio in United Insurance Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ:UIHC) for 1,872 shares.

Another recent and important United Insurance Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ:UIHC) news was published by Seekingalpha.com which published an article titled: “United Insurance Holdings Corp (UIHC) CEO John Forney on Q2 2018 Results – Earnings Call Transcript” on August 02, 2018.

Analysts await United Insurance Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ:UIHC) to report earnings on November, 5. They expect $0.28 earnings per share, up 156.00% or $0.78 from last year’s $-0.5 per share. UIHC’s profit will be $11.99M for 18.93 P/E if the $0.28 EPS becomes a reality. After $0.36 actual earnings per share reported by United Insurance Holdings Corp. for the previous quarter, Wall Street now forecasts -22.22% negative EPS growth.

Since May 15, 2018, it had 1 buying transaction, and 0 insider sales for $51,355 activity. 2,500 shares valued at $51,355 were bought by Hogan Michael on Tuesday, May 15.

Obsidian Energy Ltd. explores for, develops, and produces oil and natural gas properties in western Canada. The company has market cap of $499.01 million. It primarily holds interest in the Cardium Resource Play that covers an area of approximately 400 net sections of developed and undeveloped land located in west central Alberta; Peace River Resource Play covering an area of 235 net sections of developed and undeveloped land located in northwestern Alberta; and Viking Resource Play that covers an area of approximately 170 net sections of developed and undeveloped land located in north-central Alberta. It currently has negative earnings. The firm was formerly known as Penn West Petroleum Ltd. and changed its name to Obsidian Energy Ltd. in June 2017.

More recent Obsidian Energy Ltd. (NYSE:OBE) news were published by: Seekingalpha.com which released: “Obsidian: Priced Below Conservative Liquidation Value” on July 30, 2018. Also Seekingalpha.com published the news titled: “Obsidian Energy Ltd. (OBE) CEO David French on Q2 2018 Results – Earnings Call Transcript” on August 02, 2018. Fool.ca‘s news article titled: “Will Obsidian Energy Ltd. (TSX:OBE) Ever Unlock Value for Investors?” with publication date: August 13, 2018 was also an interesting one.

https://enbulletin.com/2018/08/16/p...d-obe-sellers-decreased-by-6-64-their-shorts/

:happytrollboy:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
When was the last time Feargus did an interview? IIRC it was Paradox-funded Obsidian press tour, almost a year ago? No interviews and things, just canned press release quotes and occasional tweets.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
When was the last time Feargus did an interview? IIRC it was Paradox-funded Obsidian press tour, almost a year ago? No interviews and things, just canned press release quotes and occasional tweets.

Even Josh just disappeared

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There was a thing with Mikey Dowling yesterday at PAX Dev, the developer-centric PAX West pre-event: http://dev.paxsite.com/schedule/pan...tes-by-showing-your-humanity-how-being-a-game

Building a Community of Advocates By Showing Your Humanity: How Being a Gamer Helps Developers

Each of us got into or wants to make video games because we love them. We don’t stop playing them once we start making them, yet why don’t we always show that to our communities? This talk will show how Obsidian Entertainment has built a community of advocates for their games around being human and forthcoming with their communities about what they’re doing with their current projects, as well as how they engage their community on a personal level. Featuring Mikey Dowling, the PR manager for Obsidian

SPEAKERS
Mikey Dowling

Looks like it was well-received.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Seeing how GW gives out the license to even indies, I assume it wouldn't be too difficult for Obsidian to get a license. Now I would be throwing money at them if they made a WH40K cRPG.

Warhammer fantasy RPG is what we need not one-dimensional 40k.

Furthermore, I consider that Warhammer 40k must be destroyed.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom