Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Seeing how GW gives out the license to even indies, I assume it wouldn't be too difficult for Obsidian to get a license. Now I would be throwing money at them if they made a WH40K cRPG.

Warhammer fantasy RPG is what we need not one-dimensional 40k.

Furthermore, I consider that Warhammer 40k must be destroyed.
Being one dimensional or not is up to the developers. Warhammer is still fantasy by the end of the day so for me 40K >>>>>> Warhammer fantasy.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
They'd love to make Fallout, they'd love to make Star Wars, they'd love to make Warhammer, all that amounts to is job fishing on Twitter.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I'd love to be Sultan of London but alas I'm too kaffir for the job just like Obsidian is apparently too incompetent for jobs they keep fishing for.

Otherwise they'd entrusted with GW or someone else's IP. It's not like I don't understand publishers, I too wouldn't entrust Obs with an IP, not even the one they created...

Obs. knows this and that's why Josh offers IP to which he has been married for last six years to better, stonger, more competent bullelopers:

https://www.reddit.com/r/projectete...idian_open_to_other_developers_doing_pillars/
:M :balance::M

Codex Year of the Donut
I'd love to be Sultan of London but alas I'm too kaffir for the job just like Obsidian is apparently too incompetent for jobs they keep fishing for.

Otherwise they'd entrusted with GW or someone else's IP. It's not like I don't understand publishers, I too wouldn't entrust Obs with an IP, not even the one they created...

Obs. knows this and that's why Josh offers IP to which he has been married for last six years to better, stonger, more competent bullelopers:

https://www.reddit.com/r/projectete...idian_open_to_other_developers_doing_pillars/
:M :balance::M

Could you imagine willingly letting another developer violate your IP? What a degenerate.

Latelistener

Arcane
I sure hope they aren't just pulling away people from Indiana to make this, so it won't become another PoE vs Tyranny case.
AP is broken and there is a lot of stuff needs to be reworked.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Sega isn't going to pay Obsidian any more money, especially for a product they already lost a lot of money on. "Lose more money? Awesome!"

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
They are getting desperate if they want to get in bed with Sega after all the bullshit.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
This talk will show how Obsidian Entertainment has built a community of advocates for their games around being human.

As opposed to?
hello-fellow-gamers-its-me-rodd-boward-have-you-pre-ordered-5590792.png

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Doesn't quite seem like Project Indiana (Next-gen? "I am not the Lead Programmer [on Project Indiana]" and still Lead Programmer on LinkedIn) but who knows.
Well not being and at the same time being Lead Programmer sounds pretty balanced, so maybe that's new Sawyer's game which also might be and might be not in making considering his burnout.

Schrodinger's cat, more like Schrodinger's Sawyer, amiritre?
:balance:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Ex-inXile Eric Daily has joined Obsidian as producer:

Producer at Obsidian by day, indie game developer by night, a dad all throughout.

Also Justin Britch, lead producer on PoE 2 is now Director Of Development: https://www.linkedin.com/in/justinbritch/

Director Of Development
Dates Employed Aug 2018 – Present
Employment Duration 2 mos

Head of development at Obsidian Entertainment. Responsible for cultivating excellentdevelopers, ensuring there is a clear understanding of the state of each project, and facilitates apositive environment between the project leadership groups.

Flou

Arbiter
Ye, I saw that promotion that Justin Britch got. Hopefully he can fix the production issues Obsidian has had in the past. But then again, if the owners intervene too much and don't listen that job just becomes a meaningless title.

They also filled one of the Graphics programmer positions ( It isn't listed on their website no longer).

Cross

Arcane
Ex-inXile Eric Daily has joined Obsidian as producer:

Producer at Obsidian by day, indie game developer by night, a dad all throughout.
Another quality hire by Obsidian I see:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,665896/

Game Credits
Production
Torment: Tides of Numenera (2017) (Producer)
Wasteland 2: Director's Cut - Limited Edition (2017) (Line Producers)
Wasteland 2 (2014) (Line Producers)
"You were the producer on T:ToN, one of the biggest flops in RPG history. We'd love for you to come work for us as producer!"

Last edited:
Developer
It's the nepotism, bro. Already been established in the May of Rage.

Justin is one of the favorites, likely because Ferg hand chose him to come on board. Ferg raised him up from junior, and I think he was a textbook case of Ferg trying to train a producer to do everything exactly the way Ferg wanted from start to finish.

I’ve never worked directly with him, so I don’t know if he’s a good producer or not, though (I don’t mean that as a slam, I honestly don’t know).

I have worked with Brandon, though, and I think Brandon’s a good producer, so I was happy to hear he was leading the charge on the POE2 DLCs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom