Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
680483_10152053303786593_744046379_n.jpg

Sup Anthony

FeelTheRads

Arcane
That guy in the middle... looks like the cheeky kid who just let one rip. Bet they were all lighting matches right after the shot.

Hormalakh

Magister
who are these people? anthony davis is one, i'm assuming.

edit: oh he's the guy on the right. so he's working on armored warfare eh?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
You can clearly see the cameraman in the mirror. Terribly unprofessional.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Obsidian REALLY wants to make that Archer Protocol game, they brought it up on their Facebook again.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Obsidian REALLY wants to make that Archer Protocol game, they brought it up on their Facebook again.
I would give more than I can reasonably afford if they kickstarted that. Unfortunately I don't think many other people would be interested.

agris

Arcane
Patron
if they took the graphical mimicking they did of south park, and applied it to an Archer game with improved RPG elements, that would be amazing.

Xor

Arcane
I'm starting to suspect Duraframe set up hidden cameras all over Obsidian's offices and spends all his time watching the employees work and cackling to himself.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I would give more than I can reasonably afford if they kickstarted that. Unfortunately I don't think many other people would be interested.
Sadly it's also probably legally impossible, since Sega owns Alpha Protocol. A Kickstarter for another spy game would be possible (and welcome) though.

dukeofwhales

Cipher
Archer Protocol is just a fan name for the idea - if they're making an Archer game there'd be no reason to tie it to Alpha Protocol.

Grimlorn

Arcane
I can't imagine a good Archer game. Would it be a turn based combat system? I'm assuming if they kept the art style it would have to be. Otherwise they would have to make it some sort of shooter with characters in 3D. Archer tv show has been sucking pretty hard lately as well.

Duraframe300

Arcane
I can't imagine a good Archer game. Would it be a turn based combat system? I'm assuming if they kept the art style it would have to be. Otherwise they would have to make it some sort of shooter with characters in 3D. Archer tv show has been sucking pretty hard lately as well.

:rpgcodex:

Duraframe300

Arcane
He's not wrong.

Ehhh, season 4 was weaker (Though in retrospect Season 1 wasn't all that either comparatively) I'd agree, but IMO Archer Vice and especially the last two episodes have been great so far.

And even at its lowest its still better than 90% of shit comedy on TV.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It could work as a 2D sidescroller.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom