Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

Ninjerk

Arcane

Duraframe300

Arcane
I asked him if it was for Pillars or a new project

Instead of giving me an answer he favorited the tweet

:troll:

So, which conclusion to draw...
Martin eh
:updatedmytxt:

Same name as the dude who played Dracula on Buffy. Yes.
Joss Whedon fan eh
:updatedmytxt:

Not entirly. Season 2 of Buffy is one of my favourite shows of all time, but after that he began the road to decline. Personally think he's both overrated by fans and underrated by haters,

Anyway, Obsidian discussion topic :dance:

Duraframe300

Arcane
I quite enjoyed S3 of Buffy, and Angel/Dollhouse, so i am not sure Joss work declined at that moment.

It started in Season 3. I didn't say Season 3 was bad as such. Also I liked Angel as well. That said I liked the first three seasons when Greenwald was showrunner a lot more than the last two.

(To very shortly elaborate. I think in a few parts of season 3 and especially post 3 Whedon lost the ability to execute things well. Instead he started doing random spontanous shit and everyone congratulated him and defends it with WHEDONISMS)

Dollhouse I disliked. Sorry.

Last edited:

naossano

Cipher
About the ability to execute things well, i wouldn't say that any of the seasons of the three shows that i've seen were perfect.
All of them had huge flaws, but also great highlight, which lead to an overall enjoyement when mixing the two.

Duraframe300

Arcane
About the ability to execute things well, i wouldn't say that any of the seasons of the three shows that i've seen were perfect.
All of them had huge flaws, but also great highlight, which lead to an overall enjoyement when mixing the two.

Not remotly what was meant but k' (incredible generalized actually). Your opinion and all that.

Anyway, Obsidian Discussion Thread. i'm done going off-topic and this would need a much longer answer anyway.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I loved Buffy 2-5 back in the day but I tried to watch that shit a few years ago and couldn't stand it. Show doesn't age well into your 30s.

Duraframe300

Arcane
https://twitter.com/Lord_Vercetti/status/546100153069744128

B5QjMV6CMAApBBG.jpg

Athelas

Arcane
So I guess Obsidian's next RPG will be about a fabulously dressed man battling through his midlife crisis.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Jon Burke left Obsidian today. Big loss, imo. Wish him all the best.

He got a going-away present by Anthony Davis

B5RoMEVCMAAKToD.jpg
It is a big loss because he is a good friend and a super fun guy, in addition to being a dynamite programmer.

He's also a California boy, so he might come back someday. Regardless, we wish him all the best and we will miss him.

Cadius

Santa Monica Studio
Developer
Jon Burke left Obsidian today. Big loss, imo. Wish him all the best.

He got a going-away present by Anthony Davis

B5RoMEVCMAAKToD.jpg
It is a big loss because he is a good friend and a super fun guy, in addition to being a dynamite programmer.

He's also a California boy, so he might come back someday. Regardless, we wish him all the best and we will miss him.
He's okay I guess <3 :)

Cadius

Santa Monica Studio
Developer
Jon Burke left Obsidian today. Big loss, imo.

https://twitter.com/IridiumGameDev/status/543498798140370944
I'm squishing Eternity bugs as fast as I can! I blame DA:I for stealing my attention for too long :(

Good thing he's just a programmer like Brennecke. :M
Wait. Nothing against Brennecke, but why am I like him exactly? And why no love for programmers?

And hi

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Wait. Nothing against Brennecke, but why am I like him exactly? And why no love for programmers?

It's a "good thing this person who enjoys Dragon Age Inquisition isn't working on the gameplay, much like the other programmer who is bad at playing games" joke. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom