Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Obsidian have trademarked "The Outer Worlds", possible title for Cain and Boyarsky's Project Indiana

polo

Magister
I just hope JS takes over the project as the leader and balances the fuck out of it. Gotta keep those hippies balanced.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I am cautiously optimistic in the sense that I'm going to give chance to Cain & Boyarsky game, but I keep in mind that in pretty much any creative field, be it films, games, books, music etc, the creators usually have about 10-15 years when they make their best or good work. For example, there have been just handful of film directors who managed to keep the quality up for longer than that 10-15 years, so don't be disappointed if this won't be masterpiece.

Pretty much. Tim&Leonard have never produced a dud when they worked together, so I'm certainly going to try this thing and I'll be willing to give them a benefit of a doubt if it seems like crap at first.

But being hyped about the game that we know nothing about, other than it exists and it's being made by two guys who made some classics 15 years ago? Get real. Boyarsky at least is coming off a high level job in Blizzard so maybe he's still on top of his game, but Cain, as much as I love the man, has done nothing of note ever since he left Troika. That was so long ago that Emma Watson was still in middle school, while now she's slowly entering MILF category.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tim Cain is no longer the same person who was inolved with those games we so cherish. "His" new game will be nothing similar either. Prepare for major disappointment.
Why so negative?
What is actually going to happen is that Tim&Leonard are finally going to get enough time and money to polish and bugfix a game, something they were not able to do since Fallout 1 (I don't count games where they were not leads and not in charge). So my hope this game is another Fallout 1 god level game.

The opinions he shared in recent years (in interviews, speeches) point to a preference for streamlining and a depth of design that goes against a good many little things that made their past games such fine works. I only hope their game won't be insufferable.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The opinions he shared in recent years (in interviews, speeches) point to a preference for streamlining and a depth of design that goes against a good many little things that made their past games such fine works. I only hope their game won't be insufferable.
Bloodlines should be the point of reference. Anyone could get into that if they were into the premise.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Doesn't look like Obsidian is attending GDC this month. :dealwithit:
lm,ao that was supposed the be the regular Sad Guy emote but this fucking forums sucks AIDS balls so whatever im not gonna change it FUCK Youi

Quillon

Arcane
Doesn't look like Obsidian is attending GDC this month. :dealwithit:
lm,ao that was supposed the be the regular Sad Guy emote but this fucking forums sucks AIDS balls so whatever im not gonna change it FUCK Youi

Sawyer will be there for some design talk with multiple designers IIRC but I doubt they'd announce this game in a GDC conf. Prolly at E3, if not gamescom.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom