Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Obsidian is not the Victim

ironyuri

Cenobyte said:
pocahaunted said:
Xor said:
Funny, I haven't found anything wrong with the game so far that wasn't present in Fallout 3.

This. I think these people are insane.

I have had many bugs. But I like sucking Obsidian's cock. I think I'll just keep sucking. Slurp slurp.

Silellak

Cipher
I love Obsidian cock. It's delicious. Also, bug report, blah blah blah, bug report.

How you gonna fuck with this one, ironyuri?

Lingwe said:
The real reason why New Vegas is receiving criticism about its bugs is because Obsidian isn't Bethesda.

Pretty much that. Bethesda is up there in the Axis of inane, shit gaming Evil, so every reviewer has to make sure to gobble extra Bethcock, when they talk about anything even moderately related to something they've been around.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
racofer said:
treave said:
Fuck this, I played through the 90s, I can live with bugs. Fucking Fallout 2 was horribly bugged too (thanks for the slamdunk, Fearghus you wanker), and the Baldur's Gate games weren't uber-polished technical paragons of gaming either. Oblivion and Fallout 3 were both bugged to hell and back too, but of course they neglect to say anything about that in their 90+% reviews.

When did gamers start being pussies that whined about some random bug wiping their autosaves? I mean, fuck, autosaves? You fucking lazy assholes.

Butthurt Obshit fanboy detected.

Bioshit cocksucker identified.

ironyuri

Silellak said:
Obsidian cock is marginally better than that time I had to play Ultima on SNES. Marginally. And the SNES was less buggy and tedious. But I'll keep sucking Obsidian cock because there's nothing else to suck right now.

Maybe I will suck ironyuri's cock later.

ComradeCommissar said:
Bethcock is pretty bad. I guess I'll suck Obsidian cock instead. Yum yum.

racofer said:
I wish there was more Gaider cock in F:NV. I really love Gaider cock.

:yeah:

racofer

Thread Incliner
treave said:
racofer said:
treave said:
Fuck this, I played through the 90s, I can live with bugs. Fucking Fallout 2 was horribly bugged too (thanks for the slamdunk, Fearghus you wanker), and the Baldur's Gate games weren't uber-polished technical paragons of gaming either. Oblivion and Fallout 3 were both bugged to hell and back too, but of course they neglect to say anything about that in their 90+% reviews.

When did gamers start being pussies that whined about some random bug wiping their autosaves? I mean, fuck, autosaves? You fucking lazy assholes.

Butthurt detected.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
racofer said:
treave said:
racofer said:
treave said:

Butthurt detected.

Of course I'm butthurt, people like you killed Troika because of butthurt over a game's bugginess.

:x

ironyuri

treave said:
If only Troika still existed I could suck their bug ridden cocks. Too bad. I'll just have to suck Obsidian's even more bug ridden cock instead.

:incline:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
treave said:
Of course I'm butthurt, people like you killed Troika because of butthurt over a game's bugginess.

More or less, except Troika's games had something to make up for the bugginess, as opposed to Obsidian's which are pretty much shit through and through.

racofer

Thread Incliner
treave said:
racofer said:
treave said:
racofer said:
treave said:

Butthurt detected.

Le fuck?

You seriously putting Obshit and Troika on the same league?

SERIOUSLY?!

ironyuri

racofer said:
How dare you say that Obsidian and Troika are in the same league? Only Gaider makes good rpgs. Om nom nom. Gaider cock.[/size

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
racofer said:
treave said:
racofer said:
treave said:
racofer said:
treave said:

Butthurt detected.

Le fuck?

SERIOUSLY?!

Did I even mention Obsidian in my posts? :smug:

racofer

Thread Incliner
treave said:
racofer said:
treave said:
racofer said:
treave said:
racofer said:
treave said:

Butthurt detected.

Le fuck?

SERIOUSLY?!

Did I even mention Obshitin my posts? :smug:

Yes, you implied them all along. :smug:

Rhalle

Magister
Geeks circle-jerk whine about shit just to hear themselves whine, even if they don't have any problems-- "bugs" is one of their geek hobby-horses.

I've been playing NV for a bit now, and the worst bug I've seen is creatures spawning- only a time or two-- improperly. And the mouse lag in 2D.

That's it, really. (And, oh: do people at Obsidian know that a 1911 .45 is not a 9mm handgun, or that a Colt Peacemaker is not a .357 Magnum? I am embarassed for them every time I see that.)

Anyway, NV doesn't have the scope of FO3 story-wise, but it runs a bit tighter.

And to me the real question is: does the built-in faction swapping work? The game appears to assume priori that a player will be self-serving and wheedle all sides-- instead of just hooking up with the good guys or bad guys or whatever.

For instance, I saved Goodsprings and, since I was a good guy, I decided I'd go all Splinter Cell on the prison and wipe out the Powder Gangers. Fighting so many named NPCs convinced me that I was playing the game wrong, and somehow fucking up the plot, which I found out was true as the game kept telling me I had failed quests when they died.

So I started over and ran on the rails a bit more, and I can't say I'm happy with being forced to be the hero of Goodsprings one minute and then being encouraged to be a killer for the PGs the next. I'm not sure it flies.

But I am having some popamole newshit fun-- even if the Old West stuff feels tacked on , and the 50s parody appears mostly to be missing.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
ironyuri said:
commie said:
Recommending FO3 GOTY over this is all I needed to read from this fucktard.

20 hours played for me. No scripting bugs(maybe I didn't play it right because I didn't try to kill everyone I came across or something. Silly me for trying to play the game properly), and one CTD because of Alt-Tabbing. Bugged to fuck indeed. :roll:

Keep guzzling MCA/Obsidian penis, Obsidifag. :smug:

Meanwhile the proud, the few, true Codexers will smugly watch you drown in jizz and keep our hands clean by not touching this bug-ridden, wannabe Fallout piece of shit.

:smug: :smug:

Oh wow, so you won't play a game....boohoo. That will really make me sad.
I find it fascinating that so many retards give their lives meaning by whining about what OTHER PEOPLE LIKE TO PLAY.

:retarded:

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
ironyuri said:
suckcock.jpg

EDIT: Worksafe.

ironyuri

commie said:
I get meaning by sucking Obsidian's cock. I can't believe all you fags who don't want to suck cock.

:retarded:

I'm not the one sucking cock, bro.

Feels good. :smug:

Edit- Jack summed you all up nicely. :yeah:

ironyuri

Jaesun said:
That cock not good enough for you? Looks like you need to get F:NV and take the multi-headed Obsidian cock you must be craving. Maybe you and racofer need to get anally acquainted?

:smug:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Rhalle said:
For instance, I saved Goodsprings and, since I was a good guy, I decided I'd go all Splinter Cell on the prison and wipe out the Powder Gangers. Fighting so many named NPCs convinced me that I was playing the game wrong, and somehow fucking up the plot, which I found out was true as the game kept telling me I had failed quests when they died.

So I started over and ran on the rails a bit more, and I can't say I'm happy with being forced to be the hero of Goodsprings one minute and then being encouraged to be a killer for the PGs the next. I'm not sure it flies.
I haven't tried the feature yet, but I think you can disguise yourself with faction apparel and go undercover in PGs and other places.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
herostratus said:
Shamus is a butthurt retard who consistently praises shit games like WoW and FO3 while criticizing games with a glimmer of goodness in them for the things he should've bashed the the other games for in the first place.
Pretty much what every game journalist does really.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
ironyuri, you're one of the most boring trolls this forum has seen. EVAR.

Also, completely unfunny.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom