Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Obsidian is not the Victim

cogar48

Educated
Volourn said:
"Actually MM7's was a Bioware-style "now pick choice 1 for good and "choice 2 for evil". Boring, but no one plays M&M for the C&C. "

Actually, BIO's C&C are much deeper than that. Sure, most BIO games aren't FO level but most of them are deeper than pick 2 endings at end of game. FFS

Stop the liez, start the truthz.

fc35207_what+the+fuck+am+I+reading.png

cogar48 said:
jiujitsu said:
Hahaha, New Vegas makes Fallout 3 look like total shit.

"BUT WHAR SI TEH GAINT ROBOTZ!??"

"Y CATN I GET POWRA ARMUR!?" (I still haven't figured out how to get power armor yet...)

Power Armor is easy as shit to get. Do main quest. Find BOS. Do quests for BOS. Get Power Armor. :salute:

That last sentence is referring to F:NV's power armor.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Volourn said:
"Actually MM7's was a Bioware-style "now pick choice 1 for good and "choice 2 for evil". Boring, but no one plays M&M for the C&C. "

Actually, BIO's C&C are much deeper than that. Sure, most BIO games aren't FO level but most of them are deeper than pick 2 endings at end of game. FFS

Stop the liez, start the truthz.

Yeah, occasionally you'll meet a character that you didn't kill earlier telling you thanks. ;) No, you're right to a point but it's only in recent Bioware games that it's like this. In KOTOR and Jade Empire it pretty much was a 'decide in the last half hour of game whether to pick good or evil ending, and disregard pretty much what you did up until then' kind of thing. I call this the Skyway flip-flop style of ending. Oh, there was the open hand/closed fist quest which depended on how you played..C&C to da max!

Phelot

Arcane
I just want to say that I tend not to judge a game by it's bugs unless they totally prevent me from playing it. Sure, make note of the more frustrating shit, but I wouldn't make entire articles crying about it.

I should also say that I tend to not like Obsidian games. They appear to be a lot like Bioware games so I don't really get how journalists can bash one while praising the other...

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"In KOTOR and Jade Empire it pretty much was a 'decide in the last half hour of game whether to pick good or evil ending"

Bullshitz.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
cogar48 said:
jiujitsu said:
Hahaha, New Vegas makes Fallout 3 look like total shit.

"BUT WHAR SI TEH GAINT ROBOTZ!??"

"Y CATN I GET POWRA ARMUR!?" (I still haven't figured out how to get power armor yet...)

Power Armor is easy as shit to get. Do main quest. Find BOS. Do quests for BOS. Get Power Armor. :salute:

I did the BOS quests, but Head Paladin Hardin is charging the Elder with some shit to get him ousted and I got no 'give me teh powah amrorz' option. Plus I can't seem to find the paladin in charge of the shooting range, so I can't get the laser pistol back from that thieving initiate.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Volourn said:

There's also a couple minor choices before the good/evil one. What's more important, this specific one alters the game in a way that no Bio product ever did. Pretty much whole second half part of the game plays differently depending on your choice, giving you lots of different quests and sending you to different locations. It also heavily influences character development, by unlocking the most advanced character classes.

Vibalist

Arcane
Who is this Volourn character everyone keeps arguing with? His posts are not showing up on- Oh wait.

Show/Hide :: Click here to show/hide the hidden post made by Volourn.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Volourn said:
"In KOTOR and Jade Empire it pretty much was a 'decide in the last half hour of game whether to pick good or evil ending"

Bullshitz.

Ha, you speak bullshit. You could be a Sith equivalent all the way through KOTOR and then decide to be a loving Jedi at the very end or vice versa. Same with Jade Empire, could be ultimate badass all the way through then suddenly pick the 'good' ending. Since you obviously never played these games, then you are in no position to comment on anything. This is the crucial flaw with this approach; with one choice it can negate everything that has come before.

Fuck, Metro 2033 did C&C better than ANY Bioware game with the way you could only get a certain ending by playing the game in a certain way, and this was a bloody FPS!

Skyway wannabe.

MetalCraze

Arcane
ITT: Baawwww Obsidian makes a buggy mess once again baaawwww it's all publisher's fault once again baaaawwww and if you'll say that it's never a problem for other devs then you are stupid and suck cock ololololo all smart people know that every publisher wants to lose money by releasing barely playable game

Nothing changes on the Retardex

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Ha, you speak bullshit. You could be a Sith equivalent all the way through KOTOR and then decide to be a loving Jedi at the very end or vice versa. Same with Jade Empire, could be ultimate badass all the way through then suddenly pick the 'good' ending. Since you obviously never played these games, then you are in no position to comment on anything. This is the crucial flaw with this approach; with one choice it can negate everything that has come before.
"

You *do* realize that C&C is more than just the silly endings, right?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Volourn said:
Yes, but irrelevant since Bioware have no C&C anyway, ending or otherwise.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Why the need to lie? "

This is the Coeex and the internet. That's the only reason one needs to lie, you silly goose. :retarded:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Volourn doesn't need any help to answer his questions.

Chefe

Erudite
Volourn said:
"Ha, you speak bullshit. You could be a Sith equivalent all the way through KOTOR and then decide to be a loving Jedi at the very end or vice versa. Same with Jade Empire, could be ultimate badass all the way through then suddenly pick the 'good' ending. Since you obviously never played these games, then you are in no position to comment on anything. This is the crucial flaw with this approach; with one choice it can negate everything that has come before.
"

It's also about whether or not you will choose the dark side option so you can receive payment for your services.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Even then you usually end up choosing between some gold and a sword or something.

madbringer

Arcane
Chefe said:
Volourn said:
"

It's also about whether or not you will choose the dark side option so you can receive payment for your services.

Yesh, i fucking hate that bullshit. How come whenever you ask for something in return when agreeing to engage in a life-threatening situation to recover the Ancient Family Matchbox Heirloom of Ass it's automatically assumed you're Evil? Do only Evil people ask for money when performing a service? Fuck, man. It's like the good guys are supposed to rely on looting the dismembered remains of their enemies for monetary sustenance. Next time i go shopping and the lady at the counter tells me to pay up, i'm gonna call her an evil bitch and bolt with all the shit i picked up. Moral highground, feels good man.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
madbringer said:
. Next time i go shopping and the lady at the counter tells me to pay up, i'm gonna call her an evil bitch and bolt with all the shit i picked up. Moral highground, feels good man.

If you film this, I'll worship you.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Classic thread. Volourn defending Bio, talking to himself.

Ahhhh, it's the little things you know? It says you're home.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom