Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pathfinder Adventures card game

ikarinokami

Augur
https://pathfinder.obsidian.net

Pathfinder and obsidian are announcing a project at gen con. If Tim Cain is finally doing his spiritual successor to TOEE the year of incline with be complete.

Last edited by a moderator:

ikarinokami

Augur
Lisa Stevens the paizo CEO said it was game and not the mmo. She did say they were talking about one kind of game and implied that obsidian called them.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What do you know, it is a card game. On tablets! https://www.facebook.com/obsidian/photos/a.110496711592.93660.82956101592/10152311110131593/?type=1

OBSIDIAN ANNOUNCES PATHFINDER LICENSE

Obsidian to partner with Paizo Inc. to release electronic Pathfinder games

INDIANAPOLIS -- August 13, 2014 -- Obsidian Entertainment, the developer of Fallout: New Vegas, South Park: the Stick of Truth and the Kickstarter phenomenon Pillars of Eternity, announced that they have entered into a long-term licensing partnership with Paizo Inc. to produce electronic games based on its popular Pathfinder Roleplaying Game intellectual property

Obsidian's first licensed product will be a tablet game based on the highly successful Pathfinder Adventure Card game, a cooperative game for 1 to 4 players. Players each have a unique character composed of a deck of cards and a set of stats. Characters have classes such as fighter, rogue, wizard and cleric, as well as numbers that define attributes such as strength, wisdom and charisma etc. Players will be able to customize their deck to better suit each individual’s vision of their character.

"At Obsidian we have a long history of working with the greatest RPG franchises, and we're thrilled to get to play in the Pathfinder universe now," said CEO Feargus Urquhart. "We're huge fans and can't wait to bring what we do in the electronic gaming world to Pathfinder fans everywhere".

In the world of Pathfinder, players take on the role of brave adventurers fighting to survive in a world beset by magic and evil. The Pathfinder RPG is currently translated into multiple languages, with hundreds of thousands of players worldwide. The Pathfinder brand has also been licensed for comic book series, graphic novels, miniatures, plush toys, apparel, and is being developed into a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game.

"Obsidian is a video game developer at the top of its game", said Paizo CEO Lisa Stevens. "Being able to bring that type of experience and passion to Pathfinder can only mean great things, both for our loyal Pathfinder community and for all fans of great CRPG's."

Obsidian will be at Gen Con 2014 showing off an early prototype of the digital Pathfinder Adventure Card Game in the Paizo booth (#203) and in their own booth (#2151) featuring the first consumer hands on for Pillars of Eternity.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
nL4qN3j.png

emhance.png

fmu5Unq.png

NO.

that art style is atrocious. Looks like Weaboo shit. But I think Obsidian WILL make some real pathfinder CRPG eventually and I would predict that to be very good; basically getting AD&D 3.5 modules in an upgraded infinity engine. So I think this partnership is long term incline, maybe even major incline.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Could be fun. But I can't play it because it's on tablets :(

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The Pathfinder Adventure Card Game is decent, so it'll be worth some hours. I wonder if it's supposed to be played multiplayer like the board game?

holla_cabezas_de_mierda: all Pathfinder art is ATROCIOUS. Fortunately, the art matters little for a project such as this. However if they decide to do a full-fledged RPG in Golarion with the basic Pathfinder art... urgh. Worth it for a Pathfinder cRPG though.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
OBSIDIAN ANNOUNCES PATHFINDER LICENSE

Obsidian to partner with Paizo Inc. to release electronic Pathfinder games

INDIANAPOLIS -- August 13, 2014 -- Obsidian Entertainment, the developer of Fallout: New Vegas, South Park: the Stick of Truth and the Kickstarter phenomenon Pillars of Eternity, announced that they have entered into a long-term licensing partnership with Paizo Inc. to produce electronic games based on its popular Pathfinder Roleplaying Game intellectual property
:bounce:
Obsidian's first licensed product will be a tablet game based on the highly successful Pathfinder Adventure Card game
:negative:

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Apparently the card game is good, and given that we don't get many non-TCG on PC it'd be welcome.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I have faced the Dungeon Siege III and ascended the tower to fight the World of Tanks. I'm not afraid anymore.

fastjack

Augur
I enjoy the card game, it is a fun coop game with characters who progress as you take on new more challenging scenarios (the game is pretty easy though, I just mean you don't keep doing the same scenarios even as your characters get more powerful) and can be played solo. The adventure path the current card game set is based around, Rise of the Runelords, was shitty imho and the association brings the game down a notch whenever I play it. If I had a tablet I would consider this good news, and honestly at this point it is probably better for us rpg fans than getting a Pathfinder Golarion (their campaign setting) version of nwn2 or something along those lines.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I'm digging it, even more if it's coming to PC too. There aren't many LCG/non-TCG on here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom