Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pathfinder Adventures card game

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Still going through the crash course of learning an entirely new card game... However, I found a really good video that goes over most of the basics you need to know to play this game. NOW I am kind of understanding this better. If you want to possibly give this game a try, I do recommend you give a watch to this video, it will really help explain the basic core concept of the game:

I also wasn't aware this is a digital version of the physical card game. Didn't know there was one. :M

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Man this last scenario in this one chapter is kicking my ass. It also has these Ancient Skeletons, that if you defeat them, you have to make a roll, and on a 1, they are returned to the location pile. ugh. Of course, what do I roll? a ONE (on a 1d4). FOUR FUCKING TIME IN A ROW (every time I encountered one).

Fuck you RNG!

We lost but we got some new cards and still made some gold, so it's ok... :shittydog:

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Man this last scenario in this one chapter is kicking my ass. It also has these Ancient Skeletons, that if you defeat them, you have to make a roll, and on a 1, they are returned to the location pile. ugh. Of course, what do I roll? a ONE (on a 1d4). FOUR FUCKING TIME IN A ROW (every time I encountered one).

Fuck you RNG!

We lost but we got some new cards and still made some gold, so it's ok... :shittydog:

Wait until you reach the black mandingo bullshit scenario :D

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
How is this cardgame thingy working? I never played card games, but I'm not really bothered by them. Is there a story and gameplay mechanics layer of this game which is similar to regular cRPGs?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
There is a "story", but uh.... don't expect much in that department. :M

As for gameplay mechanics, there is a ton of dice rolling, based on your characters stats.

The game IS currently free and you can at least try the tutorial, and just see for yourself. You don't need to purchase anything to play through the tutorial, just if you want to continue on, then you will need to purchase the next scenario.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Took me SEVEN tries to get through Attack on Sandpoint... :M Though I did end up getting a lot of new cards that way and finally defeated this scenario.

I am just going through the Story Mode right now, but with only 2 characters (Paladin and Cleric). I probably should add one more character though (like a rogue). But MORE people means MORE locations. :negative:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Man, two times I get bugs where I cant continue, at all. They need to do a better job of bug fixing. Or at least players provide feedback when we cant continue. :M

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
FINALLY have my first level up of skills! Now my Rogue has the Weapons skill (so she can now use Longbows, without a penalty AND RAIN DEATH FROM ABOVE!). :yeah:

Re-started a new party of all female Paladin, Rogue, Cleric and Sorcerer (the Sorcerer is interesting in how you play and manage cards with them). I have now moved from the mildly interested in this to fully addicted....

tindrli

Arcane
can anyone point me with a main intro screen music song .. cant find it anywhere.. on the video above its playing on minute 1:00 and forth

Black

Arcane
:slamdunk:

This is the thing they'll have Tim and Leo working on while Sawyer takes care of RPG playing games:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom