Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Can you guys stop talking to yourselves? You're interrupting the flow of the thread.

Oh wait I see what's going on here :smug:

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
The beacon of morality.
I do find idea of playing a paladin who believes that he always has to get gold from NPCs and that reinforces his powers hilarious as hell however.
The Bleak Walkers remind me of the historical Victual Brothers from CK2, who can be hired by any ruler, regardless of religion:
wikipedia said:
the Victual Brothers were impartially raiding everyone's shipping. Their famous battle cry was "God's friends and the whole world's enemies"

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://instagram.com/p/oB1_fjpx5z/

10326423_226209120923528_1416976393_n.jpg

Monty

Arcane
Was that one of the ccodexian weapons?

No, surprisingly enough. Our weapons are actually pretty normal and non-wacky.

I guess multi-headed dildos or whatever would never realistically make it into a non-Bioware game anyway. Obsidian have standards, thankfully.

But I'm still expecting the odd surprise, like buying the Bow of the Lithuanian Assassin or finding a chainmail bikini +2 in the back of a closet.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Constant/modal abilities aren't affected by armor, but chanters have to build up to using an invocation, so they will likely spend most of their time in weapon-based combat. Both invocations and weapon attacks have recovery times and those are affected by armor.

You can make Bleak Walker or Goldpact Knight paladins. They don't have separate storylines or anything like that, but each order emphasizes different personalities.

class gated content

Not for this project, no. We have 11 classes and several orders/deities just for paladins/priests. Making class-specific content really narrows the available material for someone to play through.

class dialogue

A few, but they are one of the least commonly-used qualifiers. Attributes, skills, and races are more common.

These are all really obvious. But SA is dumb. When they saw the first post of the Update on the forum their inner SJW ignited and they posted about it like 50 times.

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
I think Terrible is a pretty clever request. The random mid-powered items from backers aren't going to stand out, but whatever this is will.

Sensuki

Arcane
Where do you think that item would be placed in the game world? It would be funny if it was something you could find in the first area, although you already start out with equipment.

Monty

Arcane
Where do you think that item would be placed in the game world? It would be funny if it was something you could find in the first area, although you already start out with equipment.

It could be good as a troll reward for a quest. Like at a certain point if you had a range of quests you could choose from, maybe one quest would be a really cliched 'save the damsel in distress' or something. If you engaged your inner Biodrone and did that quest (instead of the interesting/nuanced ones), slaying scores of trash mobs, you get no romantic reward. Instead her grateful family give you a family heirloom ('Uncle Bertie's adventuring blade' or something) which turns out to be the terrible sword.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

It could be good as a troll reward for a quest. Like at a certain point if you had a range of quests you could choose from, maybe one quest would be a really cliched 'save the damsel in distress' or something. If you engaged your inner Biodrone and did that quest (instead of the interesting/nuanced ones), slaying scores of trash mobs, you get no romantic reward. Instead her grateful family give you a family heirloom ('Uncle Bertie's adventuring blade' or something) which turns out to be the terrible sword.

Not gonna happen.

It'll either be a throwaway item you find in a random lootpile, or something you get in addition to a proper reward. (Journal: "Well, this sword is of questionable quality but at least I got <whatever>.")

Rake

Arcane

Not gonna happen.

It'll either be a throwaway item you find in a random lootpile, or something you get in addition to a proper reward. (Journal: "Well, this sword is of questionable quality but at least I got <whatever>.")
I know. Sawyer has no sense of humor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom