Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

imweasel

I'm not even excited for the beta, I'm excited by the huge amount of inevitable butthurt that's going to hit this forum.
I will start to ignore this thread after the beta hits, I don't want the Codex to destroy my excitement for this game with its constant nitpicking and bitching.
Look what it did for WL2, the game improved at least tenfold.

Just look at the Fallout 4 thread; the game hasn't even been anounced and the butt hurt is already at over 100 pages ffs
I don't see any butthurt in that thread, just Codexers bashing Bethesda's next iteration of virtual shit. I do see a lot butthurt in your post though.
:hearnoevil:
(Obligatory Todd Howard Retard gif)

Last edited by a moderator:

FeelTheRads

Arcane

That means nothing considering how it negatively affected the feelings of sensitive people. Think about their feelings first!

More importantly you need to think about the unified vision, if you design the game on suggestion by committee it becomes a camel, who cares if it's better for it, it needs to feel like it was their dream project.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm not even excited for the beta, I'm excited by the huge amount of inevitable butthurt that's going to hit this forum.
I will start to ignore this thread after the beta hits, I don't want the Codex to destroy my excitement for this game with its constant nitpicking and bitching.
Sure, there were legitimate criticism, but there were posts like "lol, look at those unity modells, game is shit". I think the game looks fun, and I will probably like it, but half of the W2 thread was just: i don't like this feature = game is shit. And there were times when after reading all this negative comments I thought, wow, this game really will be shit. But after I watched some gameplay videos, I was like "what were those retards talking about, this looks great".

So just bitch and moan in the beta thread and improve the game for me, but I won't read it because it gets into my head after the 100th game is shit comment.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Roguey prediction: PoE beta will make Wasteland 2 and D:OS look like clownery though it'll be lacking in polish.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Since when? I can't recall a single pathfinding bug in the Witcher series, not even in the fan modules.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Did you play the D:OS Alpha/Beta? It was pretty good. I'm not trying to white knight WL2 or D:OS but their "betas" were open for quite a long time. PE's will likely only run for a few months. The only difference between them is that they've opened it up much further into development than the others, and have been able to learn vicariously through the other projects.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
"Learn vicariously", right. We'll see.

Already technically done that with not going straight for early access and having the beta as a seperate SKU on steam and the date at which they published their gameplay video (closer to release).

Apparently localization is already in (for the beta), it's just not 100% finished.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Roguey prediction: PoE beta will make Wasteland 2 and D:OS look like clownery though it'll be lacking in polish.

Yeah, the Polish translation will come a lot later, after the game proper is finished. :smug:

The initial release will be in English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, and Polish.
We will have all of our other supported languages, but some of the localization is incomplete. You can switch your language in game through the options menu.
:smug:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
We need separate beta threads marked 'Idiots who want to pay money to destroy their own game experiences, and then and bitch about it'.

There's going to be a new thread for the beta all right, but don't kid yourself about anybody staying in this one. Everybody's going to want to see how the beta is, even if they aren't playing it themselves.

It'll be good to finally put this monster out to pasture.

It concerns me that Josh decided to redesign the whole interrupt system now. Isn't it too late into the development of the game?

Yep, there's a reason Roguey hasn't addressed the issue. :P Suddenly PoE isn't looking so different from the other Kickstarter RPGs with their end-of-development system changes.

Rake

Arcane
More importantly you need to think about the unified vision, if you design the game on suggestion by committee it becomes a camel, who cares if it's better for it, it needs to feel like it was their dream project.
And yet you dismissed felipepepe's critisisms that were p. much this, that the game lacks a unified vision,direction, and it doesn't feel like it was anyone's dream game but a checklist of "old school aarrpeegees had this and this and this" :roll:

Sensuki

Arcane
Roguey generally doesn't talk about any PE issue that Josh doesn't have an opinion on that he can quote from, in case he gets his persona incorrect.

Josh hasn't done anything to the Interrupt system yet as far as I know. I've been asking for ages how the interrupt system works and never got an answer, turns out it was a lot more complicated than I thought. There's currently a lot of debate over on the SA forums atm. Many of us suggested Effect Reduction as a possibility for Resolve. Many others think Penetration back with Interrupt would be good (I don't).

The least work (and possibly the best course) would be to simply the interrupt system and make it more meaningful across the board.

Some of the SA people suggestions are frightening.

Rake

Arcane
It concerns me that Josh decided to redesign the whole interrupt system now. Isn't it too late into the development of the game?
It was like that thing Grunker was talking about. There is no such thing as perfect balance. Of course all six attributes won't be equally usefull in all builds and classes. Now either Josh will accept this, or he will need more time to fine-tune this system again and again, and still will fail to reach his Ideal "perfect, elegant system where everything is exactly egually usefull"
Inb4 he cuts the six attribute system and give us a four attribute one... :M

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fine-tuning the system is his job. The game's not done until it's done, and if he thinks he can do better, he needs to try.

Rake

Arcane
Fine-tuning the system is his job. The game's not done until it's done, and if he thinks he can do better, he needs to try.
Oh, i don't disagree. I just say that will fail in his job as he set an unrealistic goal to himself.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Oh, i don't disagree. I just say that will fail in his job as he set an unrealistic goal to himself.

His goal is to make all of the stats as useful as possible for all characters until the game is ready to ship. As opposed to saying "perfection is impossible so let's not even try"

Of course, I'm sure Josh will have lots of fun tweaking the game further in patches and expansions after it's released.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom