Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Compared to Forgotten Realms, PoE is positively brimming with new concepts."
|
\No. Souls is NOT a fukkin' new concept.

FUCK OFF.

Athelas

Arcane
Miracles are now something mundane in this world. FR is high magic, yes. you can find magical creatures everywhere, but magic itself remains magical,
Forgotten Realms has resurrection that is readily available and gods whose motives are well-known; in the world of PoE, resurrection is impossible and people are unsure of the agenda of the gods, just to name a few differences. Yeah, the FR setting is totally one where 'magic remains magical'.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Honestly, I'm thinking about leaving this forum due to all the edgy tryhards constantly hating on PoE for no reason. It's really dumb and it doesn't make discussion fun or interesting.

I'm starting to really hate PoE due to all the dumbfuck dipshits that fawn over it. And the derps who spend hundreds of pages on nitpicking about minuscule details.

And not to mention Sawyer. If I'd known as much about Sawyer as I do now, I'd never had put my money in it.

Lhynn

Arcane
Miracles are now something mundane in this world. FR is high magic, yes. you can find magical creatures everywhere, but magic itself remains magical,
Forgotten Realms has resurrection that is readily available and gods whose motives are well-known; in the world of PoE, resurrection is impossible and people are unsure of the agenda of the gods, just to name a few differences. Yeah, the FR setting is totally one where 'magic remains magical'.
Dude, have you seen the cost of those things? most nobles wouldnt be ble to afford such thing, much less common people in FR. While trained town guards can manipulate magic at will.
Existence of magic and avaliability of magic arent the same thing. Plus there are ways to kill a person that make death permanent in FR and that are about as cheap as a non magical bag, so dying is still a very real risk that has no guarantees of being reversible.

You can usually count on a resurrection if you are high level, rich and within reach of your allies, if not, chances are you are not coming back.

Athelas

Arcane
Dude, have you seen the cost of those things? most nobles wouldnt be ble to afford such thing, much less common people in FR. While trained town guards can manipulate magic at will.
Existence of magic and avaliability of magic arent the same thing. Plus there are ways to kill a person that make death permanent in FR and that are about as cheap as a non magical bag, so dying is still a very real risk that has no guarantees of being reversible.

You can usually count on a resurrection if you are high level, rich and within reach of your allies, if not, chances are you are not coming back.
Are you serious? 'Only rich people can afford resurrection' is the very definition of fantasy made mundane. Which isn't a bad thing (in fact, a 'magic is mundane' approach can be very interesting), but you certainly insist it is. More importantly, a cRPG where characters can learn Raise Dead or get a temple priest to cast it, will inevitably have resurrections in abundance.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Stream should be soon, but there seems to be a problem with twitch.

wy u no wrk?

Nvm, it works now.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Select twitch user comments:

R4gegamingstudios: 4Million backed...... Look at the graphics
Mordaedil: Nobody cares what you kids think
Bornwize: incorrect niggas come in a Skittles array of color & flavor ...bud
Final_forger: will my 386 CPU run this game
Eliyas1245: at least my 10 years old pc probably can launch it
Judas2504: i just feel sorry for the backers
Bangbangtheory: i dont expect skyrim graphics but i dont also want 90's graphics sorry
Kuttingedge: the grass and trees don't even move
Pot_cat: why cant isometric game get next gen graphic

So predictable it's not even funny.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
You cannot call PoE banal and defend the lore in Forgotten Realms with a straight face Lhynn. I refuse to believe that anyone is that blind.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom