Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Aumauas and godlike look like shit. Log is bullshit-small, and I'm not sure about expanding it. Armor looks sweet as fuck.

Rest? Looks better than I ever imagined.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Sensuki: Attack speed looks much more managable now :)

EDIT: Fuck I keep coming up with nitpicks and shit but who am I kidding. I never dreamed this would end up actually looking like an improved Infinity Engine, but shit, it fucking does.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Sensuki: Attack speed looks much more managable now :)

EDIT: Fuck I keep coming up with nitpicks and shit but who am I kidding

Well so am I, over on the Obsidian forums I'm complaining about the difference between these:

I wore plate armor and it gave me breast cancer

jarring.jpg

Untit46464ed.jpg

Male version has curve; female version is flat

:incloosive:

Tailor made for the Obsidianites.

Ascensa

Literate
I remember the Obsidian forums freaked out when the female breast plate at any curve to it.

So they made it flatter than the male's because progress.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
You missed the point. It's the same model as the one next to it, just the armor has changed. I am arguing that unless plate mail gives breast cancer, that the plate should be slightly curved like the male version to accommodate for such a bountiful chest.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You missed the point. It's the same model as the one next to it, just the armor has changed. I am arguing that unless plate mail gives breast cancer, that the plate should be slightly curved like the male version to accommodate for such a bountiful chest.

I think the idea is that both males and females are wearing the same type of armor piece. There's no "female version" at all, accounting for size differences.

The chain is curved on the female character because chain clings to your form.

Last edited:

Sensuki

Arcane
It's not the same armor piece man, the male plate has a curve, and the female plate doesn't. The bottom pic is male plate, and female plate

If the plate was the same, there'd be no issue at all.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's not the same armor piece man, the male plate has a curve, and the female plate doesn't. The bottom pic is male plate, and female plate

If the plate was the same, there'd be no issue at all.

The female character seems to be oriented a bit more towards the camera, so you can't see the curve. The male one is looking off to the side.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
It's a different type of breastplate really. You can get curved or more towards flat, neither reflects anatomy underneath. (female chestplate would be looser overall, to allow for breasts, but not necessarily more curved)

The Twitch guy is annoying as fuck. "What's up with this game, MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN?!" *wild arm gestures*

His voice is giving me cancer. "hahahahahaha, is that a fencing sword?!" *Sawyer pauses and bites his tongue over such retardedness* "Yes, a rapier."

FeelTheRads

Arcane
You can see the difference from the light reflection. Male has light reflection at the top of the curve only, while on the female one it's down to the bottom.

Female one is just flat.

polo

Magister
Complain all you want about the breast cancer mail, but the chain mail looks really good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom