Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Jezal_k23

If you don't A-click, the units auto attack only when they have finished moving (when they got to their final destination), therefore it could be said that units do not attack automatically while moving (unless attack moving). I can confirm Starcraft and Warcraft 3 work like this, and Age of Empires 2 doesn't even have a proper attack move option, unless you set the units to patrol an area.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT AUTO ATTACK WHILE MOVING.

UNITS IN PILLARS OF ETERNITY DON'T AUTO ATTACK WHEN STANDING STILL.

Auto attack is where an idle unit automatically attacks the first hostile unit it sees.

Tigranes

Arcane

Auto attack is where an idle unit automatically attacks the first hostile unit it sees.

Yeah, they shouldn't do that unless you choose to have that on as an AI option. So we'll see what AI options they have.

Jezal_k23

Then I misunderstood your post.

In any case I agree that there should be an auto attack toggle.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
How do you pronounce Aumauaua anyway? A-mew-a-ew-a (with each 'a/A' short)?

OAR-MAU-AH

My posts over at OE were somewhat constructive - the female plate was using an incorrect shader

Dimitri Berman said:
Sensuki - The breastplate for the females was using an incorrect shader, it has now been updated and brought inline with the males. We are now focusing on character art polish and revision, which should be fluidly updated throughout the beta. There will be art in the beta that is buggy and even ugly upon launch, but it is being addressed. Your comments are seriously appreciated! I will also gladly answer any questions you may have, time permitting.

The "Fantasy" thing - In Eternity we err on the side of functional/realistic, with slight embellishment, for our armor design. THAT SAID, what you are looking at in character creation is the basic starting gear which will progress into a more fantasy and nuanced design. There are lots and lots of outfits that characters will find throughout the game. I promise upper-tier characters will look adequately decked out and stand apart from everyone else in the world.

The Aumaua skin is also bugged:

GreyFox - No, all visible skin should match and be tinted appropriately with the face, across all races. It is bugged.

post-30529-0-30061400-1407981249.jpg

Still the same proportions though, which I hope is addressed.

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

yes... yeesss..... let the codex creep into your soul

Athelas

Arcane
Also, one thing to keep in mind about difficulty is that higher difficulties don't just scale up damage and health on enemies - it changes which enemies spawn. For example, those same fights on a harder difficulty have adra beetles and more patrols. I remember playing on medium difficulty and pulling two groups at once because I wasn't careful with character placement.
:yeah:

Perkel

Arcane
my main concern is mouse lag.
If they won't have 1:1 mouse movement they they should burn fucking game and try to find different job.

It drives me nuts in ToEE.

Sensuki

Arcane
What version of Windows are you using Perkel ?

I am also very perceptive of mouse lag. I pointed it out for WL2 and it was fixed. Obsidian are using hardware cursors already though.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Watching the Runemaster gameplay showing, that retard presenter says:

Unlike the beetle guys, you're able to destroy everybody!

Perkel

Arcane
What version of Windows are you using Perkel ?

I am also very perceptive of mouse lag. I pointed it out for WL2 and it was fixed. Obsidian are using hardware cursors already though.

Currently 7. But It is not connected to windows version usually. IT is connected more or less to shitty coding by programmers or introducing such amazing things like mouse acceleration.

I have yet to see any problem with mouse lag in Europa Universalis series or Anno series (even triplebuffered !!!!)

ToEE case is truly brutal.

Lol, cosmetic pets? Really?

Backers money well spent.

Who wouldn't want Boo to be actual rodent eating food and stuff.. and shooting lasers.

Athelas

Arcane
It's an optional feature that took no resources away (they already made those creature models for wildlife).

Proceed to complain though.

Sensuki

Arcane
Currently 7. But It is not connected to windows version usually. IT is connected more or less to shitty coding by programmers or introducing such amazing things like mouse acceleration.

Most of the time it's through the use of Software cursors instead of Hardware cursors. I raised the issue of Windows because 8.1 has a glaring issue with input lag.

That said - Valve fucked up CS:GO's Raw Input mouse code and made it have heaps of input lag :lolz:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Go to the twitch main site, they will have a live stream of the game in 3 minutes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom