Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Oddworld games thread

lightbane

Arcane
There was a special pack/edtion/something that would compile all of the released games until now, has anyone any news about it?

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
icCz7tMN2hJ3e.jpg

i77KLBKyp1jPq.jpg

ibyLfdNRPkUg87.jpg

i3Phs9rvYzmnI.jpg

ibjJWcmU5IOIYQ.jpg

TedNugent

Arcane
Oddworld games were truly wonderful. Abe's Oddysee's prerendered sidescrolling screens burned themselves into my retina when I was a child and it was very thrilling when I got a working copy via Steam that I played to completion.

Although frankly Stranger's Wrath and Munch's Oddysee were not as good. Abe's Exoddus was really the apex of the series. My god, if they can recreate that type of game we could have some truly delicious indie puzzle platformer.

I don't understand the point of the remakes though, the originals are still pretty (prerendered backdrops always will be). New game has my attention. Please, Jesus.

I highly recommend playing Abe's Oddysee or Abe's Exoddus to anyone that's interested. Exoddus was absolutely brilliant.

It's probably gonna be a third person shooter with popamole mechanics :smug:

You mean Stranger's Wrath? Lol, they already did that.

oddworld-strangers-wrath-20050114060515000.jpg

TedNugent

Arcane
This, a billion times this. Abe's Exoddus is so fucking good and such an awesome sequel, the only explanation I have for its relative lack of popularity is the fact that probably few have played it.

I replay them both once a year or so, and it never. gets. old. Some of the final segments of Exoddus are so good (those with tons of Glukkons executives to possess, I love to control them :D), I could play them forever.

Exoddus was even better than Oddysee, so many inventive and genius mechanics. But there's a lot to be said for a series that starts with possessing your enemies in order to walk them into meat grinders/off cliffs.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
-Y'ello!
-Y'ello.
-Follow me.
-Oh'kay.
*Both jumps to meat grinder O_O

I was beyond sad when I realized that I got the bad ending in first game. There were some fuckers I couldn't able to rescue even in my experianced playthrough after.
And second game really better than first.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I played Oddysee a few times, mostly around its time of release, but only once to completion, a few years ago. Saved everyone :obviously:

Which reminds me, I need to revisit the Exoddus.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Stranger's Wrath was fun for what it was - a quirky action game with decent difficulty level.

I hope Lanning ever get's the chance to realise some of his older ideas, like Hand of Odd or Citizen Siege. This guy is incredibly talented and outspoken, and that's also why publishers treated him like shit all the time.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/25/battlefield-4-shipped-with-dirt-all-over-it-lanning/

Oddworld creator Lorne Lanning believes that publisher’s continue to publish incomplete triple-A games just to please shareholders, undermining the hard work of developers and the experience of paying customers.

“Fuck that business. I don’t want to play with that business, because it was a losing business,” he said, in an interview with VG247 published today.

“I’d rather not make games than go fucking be a slave for public companies who care more about their shareholders than they do about their customers.”

“Why did Battlefield 4 ship? You know that team was crying. You know that team knew that game wasn’t ready to go.

“You know that team fucking spent a lot of sleepless nights building that shit out to look as good and play as good, when it was able to be experienced, being played as they were intending it to be played. Someone made a decision that the shareholders are more important than the customer. And we see a lot of that. How do you blow that? How do you take that fucking jewel and ship it with dirt all over it?”

Lorne yet again speaking humbly the truth.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom