Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Odin Sphere: Leifdrasir or better known as HD version

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Can't say I object this, to be honest. Seems to be coming to PS3, PS4 and Vita.

Gameplay in a trailer? Those crazy Japanese. :obviously:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Is there are any word of localization? I'd think Atlus would be well behind this, especially since they're pretty much funding the Vita at this point.

Amn Nom

Learned
So glad I held out on the PS2 classics version. Will be in for the Vita version day 1 provided it runs well.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Good, but weird. I mean, the game is still fucking jaw-droppingly beautiful.

Not that I will say no to HD Cornelius' cute lil' fuzzbutt.

Perkel

Arcane
wait this is actually good game ? I remember buying it for PS2 thinking it is some jRPG and instead i got some platformer instead with really simple combat system... dropped it after like 30 minutes.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's more like a 2D brawler with gardening, cooking, alchemy elements and a Norse setting. It's also pretty difficult.

Tell your younger self to research the things he buys and not to be so impatient. ;)

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
New content and reworked mechanics sound good to me. Never played the PS2 version for some reason.

>New Enemies
>New maps
>Alchemy system will be redone
>You don't have to replay stages
>You can teleport between areas
>Fighting system has been readjusted and looks more like Muramasa style fighting *can put some CUHRAYZEE combos*

>OST will include rearrangements but also new songs from the FFT composer
>Faster response when crunching and moving
>new animations when using items
and more

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was thinking the same thing until I realized that the risk of frame rate drops are very high. I played Dragon's Crown on both PS3 and Vita and there is a noticable difference. I'll wait for reviews before I decid on PS4 or Vita, if the game even gets a localization.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
It always baffles me when 2D games have significant slowdowns. Starcraft can handle the simultaneous movement and pathing of hundreds and hundreds of units, but some fucking sidescroller slows to a crawl because it has 15 sprites on screen at once? WTF.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
It always baffles me when 2D games have significant slowdowns. Starcraft can handle the simultaneous movement and pathing of hundreds and hundreds of units, but some fucking sidescroller slows to a crawl because it has 15 sprites on screen at once? WTF.
One is a PC game and the other is a PS2 game. One uses sprites that would make PCs of that era explode one does not.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Right. Because one was made IN ANOTHER FUCKING ERA. If Starcraft can look that good at the time, there's no fucking excuse for a game made over a decade later to choke on a bag of dicks trying to look marginally better with essentially none of the AI load. Fuck, Armored Core 2 was also on the PS2, and it had battles with 3 or 4 highly detailed 3d mechs flying around firing volleys of heat seeking missiles (and counter missiles!) at eachother. That is a decent excuse for slowdown. Not a fucking late era game on the same system in fucking 2D with completely predictiable fucking fights that never have more sprites than the devs could account for.

This is the same as all these 2D indie games coming out nowadays that need DirectX11 and 4GB of ram to look worse than shit from the 90's.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Right. Because one was made IN ANOTHER FUCKING ERA. If Starcraft can look that good at the time, there's no fucking excuse for a game made over a decade later to choke on a bag of dicks trying to look marginally better with essentially none of the AI load. Fuck, Armored Core 2 was also on the PS2, and it had battles with 3 or 4 highly detailed 3d mechs flying around firing volleys of heat seeking missiles (and counter missiles!) at eachother. That is a decent excuse for slowdown. Not a fucking late era game on the same system in fucking 2D with completely predictiable fucking fights that never have more sprites than the devs could account for.

This is the same as all these 2D indie games coming out nowadays that need DirectX11 and 4GB of ram to look worse than shit from the 90's.
Again, the PS2 had issues handling the game. The quality of Odin Sphere sprites can't really be compared to Star Craft sprites, especially not when you take the backgrounds into account. Not that I am defending the frame rate or anything. It's simply poor engineering of the game with addition to the weak PS2. Emulated, I think the game runs a fair bit better.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You do know that 3D is accelerated and 2D is not, right?
???
Well, maybe this isn't the same way anymore, but I remember a little while ago - I think it was during the time of the TNT and the VooDoo 3 - that I read somewhere that while those 3D accelerators do accelerate 3D graphics, they don't do the same for 2D graphics. So it's conceivable Odin Sphere on the PS2 was slow because of that reason.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Game will be coming to the US for PS3, PS4 and PSV, digitally and physical release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom