Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Odin Sphere: Leifdrasir or better known as HD version

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I want to get Platinum on this one.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't have a PS4 or a Vita, but I can play the PS2 version, is it still a good game?
The gameplay is about the same on the surface but the actual speed and feel of the game is on two completely different playing fields. The original is like a diamond in the rough, like many PS2 games it went further than what the hardware allowed it to be but because of that it was a cult hit. The gameplay is a bit clunky, there's slowdown, some parts of the game might not make much sense the first time around - and imo it was all fixed in this new version.

To answer your question, on its own, Odin Sphere is alright. Leifdrasir however is 9/10, 10/10 tier easy. Right next to Muramasa and Dragon's Crown.

Perkel

Arcane
Playing it on Vita. Seriously this is good game. Also gorgeous too thanks to dat oled.
Like systems in this game.

Perkel

Arcane
Finished it on vita.

Pretty much one of the best looking games i have ever played. OLED does wonders for this game.
Now regarding game:

Story is kind of good ? I mean i didn't expect anything from it since it was made by japanese and we all know how fucking weird they can go with story. At start i didn't like pathos but it grew on me especially since its story is told via books so their dialogs and how they act and behave is likely due to those book writer creative mind.

Still dialogs were really good and characters were really really really good for what it was. Like i said they are pure pathos characters but from time to time it is good to see characters that are true to their goals and can say something good and memorable without "fuck that shit" and so on.

Gameplay itself is great but not superb. Combat really is tight but overall i feel it is too easy for most part. Didn't like much progression. It was way to easy to bloat your hp and tree like skill system didn't make sense since game didn't allow you to actually buy skills from branches (you need to find them).

Game is kind of repetitive but overall it took me 30h and was worth it.

Next on my list is dragon's crown...

Silva

Arcane
This is on a sell right now on PS4. I'm shouting this here cause its damn hard to happen. I'm waiting for this game have a price cut for ages now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom