Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline [Official]Battle of the Century: Crispy vs Menckenstein (Info in OP)

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I understand there's not much reason to take my word on this, but believe it or not my plan was to ask for agentorange's release the entire time. This ill-fated "plan" generally unfolded as follows:

1. Once I accepted Menck's challenge I immediately knew that if I somehow had won, that's what I'd do. I actually had visions in my head of *me* being the merciful one. Ironic, no?

2. The first problem is that I honestly had no idea that Menck was so good at UT. I thought he was just below my age bracket -- was more into RPG's than shooters -- so maybe I actually stood a chance.

3. I knew even if I had lost that the whole thing could be entertaining for all and would generate some lulz.

4. As the hype built up, it started getting out of control. I had birthed a horrible beast, one that would soon escape my bonds. I began to despair.

5. To my delight, Menck floated the idea of throwing the match to me in Steam chat, and I, shamefully, readily agreed. I started thinking up even more ways of dramatically unveiling my magnanimous decision and I couldn't help but smile. This treachery against Codex was stupidly revealed to DU in a series of PM's. DU also "agreed" to it and began setting up the betting, etc.

6. Over the next couple of days I started practicing in order to provide what I had hoped would be a convincing effort. Yeah. I also started hearing from Bruticis and others that Menck was actually extremely good at UT and had previously handed Skyway's hat to him, among others. That's when I really started to worry.

7. Day of the match, all of Codexia holds its breath... and what happened happened. I offer no excuses, nothing other than the truth. Once I realized that the tables had been turned on me, I quit. I knew it was a futile effort at that point.

And that brings us here. I attempted to troll the Codex but I was clearly out-trolled. In fact as I told DU I think I trolled myself. I'm just not devious enough (and some will say not smart enough) to have pulled this off. In the end, however, seeing as how ao has already been released, I guess I got what I wanted anyway.

It's funny how these things go sometimes.

Weasel
I understand there's not much reason to take my word on this, but believe it or not my plan was to ask for agentorange's release the entire time. This ill-fated "plan" generally unfolded as follows:

1. Once I accepted Menck's challenge I immediately knew that if I somehow had won, that's what I'd do. I actually had visions in my head of *me* being the merciful one. Ironic, no?

2. The first problem is that I honestly had no idea that Menck was so good at UT. I thought he was just below my age bracket -- was more into RPG's than shooters -- so maybe I actually stood a chance.

3. I knew even if I had lost that the whole thing could be entertaining for all and would generate some lulz.

4. As the hype built up, it started getting out of control. I had birthed a horrible beast, one that would soon escape my bonds. I began to despair.

5. To my delight, Menck floated the idea of throwing the match to me in Steam chat, and I, shamefully, readily agreed. I started thinking up even more ways of dramatically unveiling my magnanimous decision and I couldn't help but smile. This treachery against Codex was stupidly revealed to DU in a series of PM's. DU also "agreed" to it and began setting up the betting, etc.

6. Over the next couple of days I started practicing in order to provide what I had hoped would be a convincing effort. Yeah. I also started hearing from Bruticis and others that Menck was actually extremely good at UT and had previously handed Skyway's hat to him, among others. That's when I really started to worry.

7. Day of the match, all of Codexia holds its breath... and what happened happened. I offer no excuses, nothing other than the truth. Once I realized that the tables had been turned on me, I quit. I knew it was a futile effort at that point.

And that brings us here. I attempted to troll the Codex but I was clearly out-trolled. In fact as I told DU I think I trolled myself. I'm just not devious enough (and some will say not smart enough) to have pulled this off. In the end, however, seeing as how ao has already been released, I guess I got what I wanted anyway.

Quoted for digital historians in the 30th century.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
This thread:
Shamefur Dispray said:

However, did anyone care to record a demo?
I would love to see this match serial execution the pro(s)per way.

Nope. Checked bruts channel. But he hasn't set twitch to autoarchive. The recordings are lost to the ether now. Only the memory of Crispys cowardice and immense faggotry remains.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

ZShNIZa.jpg

Have some dignity.

Bruticis

This thread:
Shamefur Dispray said:

Nope. Checked bruts channel. But he hasn't set twitch to autoarchive. The recordings are lost to the ether now. Only the memory of Crispys cowardice and immense faggotry remains.
I had like 4 people tell me to set the autoarchive setting to on AFTER the fucking match was over.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
I lost imaginary currency to a rigged match, that I couldn't even watch because work, where everyone involved lost because DU. Thank you RPG Codex.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

You can always trust Crispy to do the right thing after he's tried everything else.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

ZShNIZa.jpg

Have some dignity.
yNaJ44V.jpg

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
This thread:
Shamefur Dispray said:

I had like 4 people tell me to set the autoarchive setting to on AFTER the fucking match was over.
Like all great historical events, let the tale pass from one poster to another on through the years. No one TiVo'd the assassination of Julius Caesar.

DraQ

Arcane
This thread:
Shamefur Dispray said:

Eh, kids these days and their newfangled streaming and nootoobs.

I meant recording demo like it was done in an elegant manner in the more civilized age:
  1. "demorec shamefur.dem"
  2. upload shamefur.dem to them interwebs
  3. "demoplay shamefur.dem" in UT for dispray.
:obviously:

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
This thread:
Shamefur Dispray said:

I meant recording demo like it was done in an elegant manner in the more civilized age:

wow knowing demo record commands makes you cool now?

Don't be such a fucking faggot.

DraQ

Arcane
This thread:
Shamefur Dispray said:

wow knowing demo record commands makes you cool now?

Don't be such a fucking faggot.
Knowing what the fuck a demo is apparently does though.
And I looked the commands up - it's not something I need on daily basis.

Wild Slop

Arcane
And here I was, while satisfied in the right side winning, feeling sorry for you Crispy. I even hammed up a "there there" post.

I understand there's not much reason to take my word on this, but believe it or not my plan was to ask for agentorange's release the entire time.
This isn't hard to believe, you were laying on the hints a bit too thick a one point.

I liked goofing around in the roll of a Colosseum spectator in a ritualistic performance battle of ... just whatever the hell it was. Is for fun.
Your post game drama is a gift that keeps on giving. I just thought the "performance" part of that didn't mean rigged.

Are you throwing Menck under the bus now? Maybe this is justified in through your confession. If he truly colluded ( I missed that part earlier in this thread at first) that is troubling, but did you consider that this was him psyching you out in pre-battle mind games (as opposed to him sincerely agreeing then double crossing)? Perhaps if you weren't of such Phelot usurping poor character such a scheme as to fix a match would never be "agreed" to. I'd like more details to make a better judgement.

During the Twitch steam I joked something a long the lines of "This is probably Crispy's strategy: to lose so bad that people will think the match was fixed"

At any rate the entertainment of these events is a resounding success.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I would never "throw Menckenstein under the bus" but DU's the one who spilled the beans on that. Menck was really cool about the whole thing and put a band-aid on my booboo after pummeling me, after all.

The funny part is that most of the uproar was/is over me leaving the match before it was completed, and that's what I feel worst about.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom