Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline [Official]Battle of the Century: Crispy vs Menckenstein (Info in OP)

fanta

Arcane
The funny part is that most of the uproar was/is over me leaving the match before it was completed, and that's what I feel worst about.
It's all good man. Its ending pathetically was just what was needed to make this event perfect.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Guys take it easy on Crispy, clearly he is handicapped, just look at the game footage. No able person can play UT that bad.

A horse of course

DarkUnderpants

May I make a suggestion? Since there is some difficulty determining the proper recipients for spare Hatred keys, and Metro has insisted he wants no part of such charity, I could provide Crispy a copy of Hatred on Desura. Upon the game's official release date, Crispy would be banned and from certain subsections of the forum and not permitted to return until writing an official Codex review.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
May I make a suggestion? Since there is some difficulty determining the proper recipients for spare Hatred keys, and Metro has insisted he wants no part of such charity, I could provide Crispy a copy of Hatred on Desura. Upon the game's official release date, Crispy would be banned and from certain subsections of the forum and not permitted to return until writing an official Codex review.
Just give me the Hatred key. On Steam though.

A horse of course

Play Menk in UT and I will

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Guys take it easy on Crispy, clearly he is handicapped, just look at the game footage. No able person can play UT that bad.

I got really, really nervous as soon as the match started. I had been practicing against Adept bots for a couple of hours but clearly I didn't know the map, I choked, and Menck basically just waited for me to come to him and probably yawned a few times as my guts got splattered all over the place, over and over and over...

My therapist now has my debit card pin memorized. Thanks, Menck.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira

I got really, really nervous as soon as the match started. I had been practicing against Adept bots for a couple of hours but clearly I didn't know the map, I choked, and Menck basically just waited for me to come to him and probably yawned a few times as my guts got splattered all over the place, over and over and over...

My therapist now has my debit card pin memorized. Thanks, Menck.

Why would you get nervous? It was just a vidya game match for the lulz. Crispy you know internet dating has now become 'cool' and 'accepted'. Take an hour out of your codex time and use that on okcupid, or whatever is hot these days. Find yourself a woman, that's what you really need.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member

'k

A horse of course

'k

Menckenstein do you accept this challenge?

A horse of course

• Ed123:
      DU has agreed to fite menk
    • Excommunicator:
      theres no sesne of moving forward or like you've succeeded
    • MrRichard999:
      Guess if your not into that kinda stuff its not a game you would like
    • Ed123:
      both fightahz will get a copy of hatred on steam
      • Ed123:
        if menkenstein beats DU by more than 10 point, Infinitron will be given a cuck tag for the next three months
      • Ed123:
        if DU beats Menk by more than 10 points, I will take the cuck tag
      • Flunklesnarkin:
        what if it's in the middle range.. both get cuck tag for 1 month?
      • Ed123:
        the pact is sealed

Cassidy

Arcane
We should be doing challenges with a RPG, not a shooter...:M

Unfortunately there are very few RPGs that aren't MMO with competitive multiplayer.

Maybe FOnline 2? It's a MMORPG, but it has turn based combat and is obviously built from Fallout 1 and 2. If flares are activated in the battle to draw dozens of Russian and Polish PKs to the duel among Codexers, even better.

Divinity: Original Sin could work as well, because while it is normally coop, nothing stops a player from engaging in battle with the other AFAIK, but I'm not sure about that.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
We should be doing challenges with a RPG, not a shooter...:M

Unfortunately there are very few RPGs that aren't MMO with competitive multiplayer.

Yeah I was trying to think of *any* cRPG that allowed some form of PvP that wasn't a MMO. You could actually pull this off with NWN2 I believe...

What would be awesome would be a PnP session between the two, in Tomb Of Horrors...

A horse of course

I'm not sure DU or Menk would appreciate downloading NWN2 just to play a pvp match.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom