Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Official Codex Star Citizen Squadron Thread

Morning Star

Educated
Patron
This sounds like a very, very ambitious project, which is why I am a bit skeptical about it. Still, they did rake up a lot of money, so who knows. I am tempted to pledge myself, like a Colonel or Freelancer, but all these promises seem so difficult to fulfill... and if they screw up, all those people who pledged 250 dollars will be very angry...

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
How the fuck does this project keep making more money, they raise like 2 million in the last week.

Contrary to what businessmen and their "marketing" trends tell us, people actually DO want to play those type of games?

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey Blaine I see the new update states:

The Star Citizen Organizations page is now available. With the launch of Organizations, Star Citizen’s backers can create their own groups which will eventually transition to the persistent universe. Form an elite fighter squadron with friends, or a fearsome pirate guild with fellow gamers. We’ve created a flexible, interactive system to allow your group to become part of the Star Citizen world today! Learn more here.

You are also invited to help select the ship which will be designed as part of The Next Great Starship. Want to see contestants build a powerful gunship, a high velocity racer or a versatile freighter? Cast your vote today! The first episode of the TNGS competition airs Friday, January 31st. You can vote in the poll here.

Thank you for your help, and see you in the 'Verse,
Roberts Space Industries

Are we going to have one for our Codex guild, organization, whatever you want to call it?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Some spanish asshole already reserved CODEX. Damnit Blaine, you were supposed to handle this.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Some spanish asshole already reserved CODEX. Damnit Blaine, you were supposed to handle this.

What? People were adamant that it had to be called Codex Diversity Squad or some such, the bickering can be found back in this thread/the other thread somewhere.

CIG deciding to release organizational shit now to appease the fucking tryhards who're already planning their intergalactic safety-in-numbers coward herds REALLY PISSES ME THE FUCK OFF. I don't have time for this garbage twelve centuries before the fucking game is actually released, holy shit.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I'm not joining your Penis Meat Cock or whatever the fuck power bottom cult you've registered. The Codex's squad is already going to be near-pointlessly small as-is—not that that's a problem, mind you. The Codex has always been pointless.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
What? People were adamant that it had to be called Codex Diversity Squad or some such, the bickering can be found back in this thread/the other thread somewhere.

I don't like to use those stupid smileys too much, but you can imagine a :lol: there if you'd like. I honestly don't give a shit yet, either.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
The point of the PMC and alliance is to give some structure to whatever we end up with. Basically it will be different branches of the same thing. Mining, military, transport, etc have their own organizations within the alliance - even if there are only two people in each.

How they've set up the organizational aspects of the game leave a lot to be desired, and it's just not sufficient to keep my organizational fetish going; practically the only reason I'd play an MMO is to get my management sim fix. I think setting up branches is the prefect way to handle it, imho.

mindx2

Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, I'm going to the "Invitation Only" Star Citizen panel at PAX East on April 10th in Boston, MA. Not sure what to expect but my main reason for going is to ask about the single player portion of the game, Squadron 42. Want to let them know that that is still an important aspect to this game and there are some who really don't care for all the MMO stuff.

Anything someone might want me to try and ask feel free to post it here.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Unfortunately, most of the industry trade shows are administered and/or attended (usually both) by douchenozzles and shills, so there's pretty much no way I'm showing up for PAX. I understand why developers do, though, and also why some people don't mind attending.

As a big-ticket whale, I'm entitled to personally ask a question every year through their concierge service, but I forgot the one question I'd really wanted to ask a month or two ago.

The only idea I've had that I feel is worth consideration is that CIG implement the game's sound such that players can mute different audio channels, and that there be a music channel, an exterior sound channel, and a "hull impact"/cockpit sound channel. In this way, the exterior audio channel could be muted, simulating soundless space combat in which you only hear sounds that vibrate the ship's hull (your own engines, background hum/pings, your own muffled weapons fire, and weapon impacts on your hull). Seems like it would take minimal effort to implement but offer an interesting "realism-like" option, without focusing on it as a major feature or selling point. I don't even care about it for realism's sake, but because I think it'd be interesting.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I don't know that anyone's created anything definitively official-but-really-unofficial yet.

In particular, all the good names have been taken and we'll need to invent something bizarre and outlandish.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Damn. I thought you was on it Admiral Blaine! I'll pass it on. I guess we'll see come launch.

mindx2

Patron
Anyone played the Arena Commander dog-fighting alpha? I can't get it to download and have been trying for several days. Keeps telling me my download is "stalled"....

... and as I was typing that it has begun to download! Going to give it a spin and see how much "fun" this alpha is.

Last edited:

Szioul

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't know that anyone's created anything definitively official-but-really-unofficial yet.

In particular, all the good names have been taken and we'll need to invent something bizarre and outlandish.
At least DECLINE is still open.
You know, if we want to go for Heralds of the Decline.

And apparently so is POPAMOLE.

Last edited:

mindx2

Patron
Well after finally getting this thing to load I've sadly found out my space sim dog-fighting skills are woefully lacking after years of non-use... :oops:. One thing is it sure is a pretty game and I didn't have one glitch or bug the whole time (20-30 minutes).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom