Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Official Codex Star Citizen Squadron Thread

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
bertram_tung

If you didn't have LTI on that Aurora LX, normal insurance would cover the hull and all stock/factory features—jump drive, basic weapons, whatever power plant and shields it comes with, and so on. A six-month regular insurance policy will cover ship replacements during that entire six-month period; you don't have to keep purchasing it. It lasts until it expires.

Again, there is no difference between regular insurance and LTI other than the waiving of a minor premium in the case of LTI.

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
bertram_tung

If you didn't have LTI on that Aurora LX, normal insurance would cover the hull and all stock/factory features—jump drive, basic weapons, whatever power plant and shields it comes with, and so on. A six-month regular insurance policy will cover ship replacements during that entire six-month period; you don't have to keep purchasing it. It lasts until it expires.

Again, there is no difference between regular insurance and LTI other than the waiving of a minor premium in the case of LTI.

Yeah, but it's convenient to never ever have to worry about getting insurance for a jump drive(Which is compatible with all RSI ships). Not to mention an LTI LX should be fairly rare since it seems like everyone with an LX has been upgrading to an LN. Could be a nice thing to sell to rare collectors later down the road.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I only discovered this game 2 days ago. I loved Freelancer so I made a pledge yesterday (I think it was the bounty hunter package). Was that ok, or am I missing out? Need a different package? Am I too late?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I only discovered this game 2 days ago. I loved Freelancer so I made a pledge yesterday (I think it was the bounty hunter package). Was that ok, or am I missing out? Need a different package? Am I too late?

You're not too late, except for missing out on some physical tchotchkes that CIG won't be making more of. Also, pledge packages are less expensive for original backers, and all ships we purchase (priot to November 26th) come with Lifetime Insurance. LTI is just the waiving of a small insurance premium; the same insurance will be available to everyone in-game. It doesn't give you an immortal ship, a misconception many seem to have, which is why I mention it now.

There is a gifting system in place, and I'm an original backer. If you were to gift your Bounty Hunter package to me, I could exchange it for store credit, then use that credit to purchase the same package again, at the reduced price, with LTI—then make up the difference to you (since it's cheaper for me) in $5 skins. How much did you pay? For me, the Digital Bounty Hunter is $60.

Additionally, you may not have noticed the following:

4RyCy.png

The screen grab cuts off before the package contents are shown, but it's a complete game package and it should be identical to Digital Bounty Hunter except for the included pledge ship. If you'd prefer the Avenger (I personally prefer it over the 300i) instead of free skins, then the price difference when laundering your pledge through me should allow you to pick it up without shelling out any extra cash. If it's $75 is $5 more than you paid for your current package, I can cover that $5 with my own store credit. I have some just sitting there.

It's up to you really, I've done this for other Codexers before and won't steal your $70. I have almost $3,000 worth of pledges and don't need to rob people for extra cash.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
hey men I've not been living under a rock, I've been busy.

You're not too late, except for missing out on some physical tchotchkes that CIG won't be making more of. Also, pledge packages are less expensive for original backers, and all ships we purchase (priot to November 26th) come with Lifetime Insurance. LTI is just the waiving of a small insurance premium; the same insurance will be available to everyone in-game. It doesn't give you an immortal ship, a misconception many seem to have, which is why I mention it now.

There is a gifting system in place, and I'm an original backer. If you were to gift your Bounty Hunter package to me, I could exchange it for store credit, then use that credit to purchase the same package again, at the reduced price, with LTI—then make up the difference to you (since it's cheaper for me) in $5 skins. How much did you pay? For me, the Digital Bounty Hunter is $60.

4RyCy.png

The screen grab cuts off before the package contents are shown, but it's a complete game package and it should be identical to Digital Bounty Hunter except for the included pledge ship. If you'd prefer the Avenger (I personally prefer it over the 300i) instead of free skins, then the price difference when laundering your pledge through me should allow you to pick it up without shelling out any extra cash. If it's $75 is $5 more than you paid for your current package, I can cover that $5 with my own store credit. I have some just sitting there.

It's up to you really, I've done this for other Codexers before and won't steal your $70. I have almost $3,000 worth of pledges and don't need to rob people for extra cash.
I paid $65 (52€). I would not mind upgrading to the Avenger through this method. Will check out the hangar modul. Will I have alpha access to the dog fighting as soon as they release it? the package only shows beta access.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2

4RyCy.png

Cool. I will probably take you up on this offer next week if that's OK. I have been trying to figure out which one to get and LTI would be nice, even though it isn't really necessary.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Will I have alpha access to the dog fighting as soon as they release it? the package only shows beta access.

I suspect the package contents don't show alpha access because they don't want to go in and change all the ship packages once the "alpha slots remaining" counter reaches 0. If you pledge before then, you'll have alpha access.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Will there be guild bases/planets? What about PvP? Everywhere or only in certain areas?

PvP will be open and free-for-all, but will follow the EVE Online model fairly closely—in the heart of Empire space (the Sol system, around Earth, etc.), NPC police vessels will be very powerful and respond quickly to unprovoked attacks on "innocent" civilians. That won't always mean the victim will be saved, but it will usually mean that the perpetrator(s) will have their ships destroyed. As you move further away from heavily settled space and out toward the frontier, the police presence lessens until finally disappearing entirely. That's a simplified example—there will be numerous governments in Star Citizen with their own spheres of influence, not just the UEE.

There will also be a reputation system in place to keep track of each player's relationship with NPC governments and factions. Those who commit acts of aggression in United Earth Empire space will suffer a reputation hit with the UEE, for example.

There will certainly not be guild planets, although players can own and manage planetside factories and also a limited number of space stations gamewide (meaning players will very likely be fighting over them). There will however be secret bases out in deep space (asteroid hangars, derelict ship bulks, pirate hideouts, etc.) that can be discovered and turned into guild bases.

There will also be bars, taverns, and other sightseeing locations on planets and space stations where players can congregate, as well as conference rooms and so on in individual players' hangars, not to mention larger ships that can hold 10+ players and qualify as bases in their own right.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
We will need a Codex fleet, fighters, bombers, corvettes, battleships. We need to conquer at least 1 solar system for our own.

Sounds good to me, although players can't actually hold sovereignty over solar systems in a game mechanics sense.

We currently have one corvette—mine.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Are there infos how big the universe will be, how many systems? Also, PVP like EVE does it mean when your ship is destroyed you're losing everything? (never played EVE)

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Are there infos how big the universe will be, how many systems? Also, PVP like EVE does it mean when your ship is destroyed you're losing everything? (never played EVE)

There will be 100 systems at launch, with more being added/discovered on a regular basis. Systems will typically contain multiple landing points/spaceports at various planets, moons, and space stations, with secondary points of interest/exploration fodder in most—asteroid fields, hidden pirate bases, and so on. They'll also come in a variety of flavors, such as the heart of UEE space, pirate-held systems, lawless space, alien homeworlds, corporate manufactory nexuses, and so on.

When your ship is destroyed, it is permanently lost (except for whatever salvage survives in the wreckage) unless you have insurance. If you have standard hull insurance (which is cheap and universally available), then upon the destruction of your ship, you'll receive a stock replacement from the insurance company after a certain period of time. This waiting period is longer for larger/more expensive ships. If you have upgrade insurance (which covers things like stronger weapons, stronger shield, engine mods, jump drive, and so on), then you'll also be compensated for your lost modifications. If you have cargo insurance, then you'll furthermore be compensated for any cargo you lost along with your ship.

Upgrade and cargo insurance are more expensive than standard hull insurance, and become progressively more so if you want them to be valid in systems with lower "security levels" (i.e. how dangerous they are). There is no upgrade or cargo insurance available to cover losses in lawless space.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Today it happened Blaine. One of my friends who is hyped for the game gifted me with an old account with a some ship or other on it. So no matter what, I guess I'm flying with the Codex when this comes out ;)

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Today it happened Blaine. One of my friends who is hyped for the game gifted me with an old account with a some ship or other on it. So no matter what, I guess I'm flying with the Codex when this comes out ;)

You mean
my agent in Denmark?
;)

Does that account have a Golden Ticket, by any chance?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

You mean
my agent in Denmark?
;)

Uh, I dunno anything about any of that. It was pretty cool of him, he did it long before the actual day and named it Grunker (well, Grunker2700, but I guess that's as good as it gets) and everything. What is a Golden Ticket? The account has 7,000 credits and this is my hangar:

DquURIO.jpg

zAYNDoR.jpg

Summoning Blaine to explain.

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron

You mean
my agent in Denmark?
;)

Uh, I dunno anything about any of that. It was pretty cool of him, he did it long before the actual day and named it Grunker (well, Grunker2700, but I guess that's as good as it gets) and everything. What is a Golden Ticket? The account has 7,000 credits and this is my hangar:

It's pretty much self-explanatory. It's an Aurora with Star Citizen and Squadron 42 digital download, alpha and beta access, some credits, and the miscellaneous rewards listed higher up on the list.

Also, you can now download the hangar module and play around in your Aurora.

Machocruz

Arcane
I'm interested in this. Single player, multi, all permutations. This complicated pre-order/package nonsense has shorted my brain this late at night though. Everyone having the same goddamn avatar hasn't helped with clarity, either.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

You mean
my agent in Denmark?
;)

It's pretty much self-explanatory. It's an Aurora with Star Citizen and Squadron 42 digital download, alpha and beta access, some credits, and the miscellaneous rewards listed higher up on the list.

Also, you can now download the hangar module and play around in your Aurora.

I meant what is this mythic Golden Ticket? ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom