Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Drakron

Arcane
Maybe but pre-F2P your choices were sub or LTS ... after the math gets far more complicated.

But still people that got LTS before F2P back at launch knew what the deal was, it payed for itself when the game was still sub only ... of course if you actually played, I would not be surprised many LTS dropped out of the game during that time and this renders the "pay for itself" argument moot because they would not "renew the subscription", they were not playing what they paid for but still had access, the service was being provided that is what they payed for.

Post-F2P is a different matter.

what a crock of shit!
i had two max crafting xp toons and all of them are back to nothing, all the previous efforts have been wasted.

Drakron

Arcane
what a crock of shit!
i had two max crafting xp toons and all of them are back to nothing, all the previous efforts have been wasted.

Crating was useless, now its still useless.

And yes, they are timegate it even further just now (only one research of that school at one time instead of four/five)... Jesus, I wonder if they would be happy if I just handle them my account and they could run things according to their "this is how you have fun" schedule.

Davidshky

Scholar
It might be timegated but it doesn't appear to take much effort.

It's just like the rep grind except you can buy the "marks" of the exchange.

Personally I think I'll just buy some stacks of whatever you need and then sloooowly grind the shit with a few characters while I do my other daily stuff.

Norfleet

what a crock of shit!
I wouldn't say WASTED. You get a doff! And be honest here: Grinding crafting in the old system involved NO real effort. I know this because I went and leveled a bunch of guys for that doff, purely out of the junk people (probably me, I don't think anyone else plays) dumped in the fleet bank.

It took like 10 minutes. Woo. Soul-crushing effort indeed. The loss of your maxed old-system crafting skill, TRULY A HORRIBLE TRAGEDY. Remind me again what you could actually craft with it? Not kits...they took that away. Really, man, when even Drakron isn't giving a fuck, you shouldn't either.

Drakron

Arcane
Season 9.5 main damage wasnt to crafting, it was to DOFFing were not only we got a shittier UI designed for the Gateway (they dont have plans to integrate it in the Gateway) but also the removal of clusters completely fucked up assignments availability, I cannot get the 2/7 DV chain to show up on a KDF character.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Where would that task pop up anyway now? In the Fed main sector block, Sirius? Or can it, for Feds, also appear in ESD, SFA, etc like the asylum tasks. Would suck for KDF though.
BTW: do you still need marauding party buff to enter Sirius as KDF, or is finishing the ESD feature episode enough these days (same for Feds and OL)?
Removing the clusters does make the OL colonization a lot faster (and the colo chains in general), I hated checking all those clusters daily with all chars! :argh:

Drakron

Arcane
Clusters are now nebula-like objects in Sector, Delta Volaris is just south of Sol, just fly close to it and the interaction should pop up.

And no, Colonial Chains were always on the associated cluster and since clusters were their own maps we could always check department heads to see if the assignment was there, they cannot move colonial assignments to sector because even if most sectors only have one cluster, Leonis (KDF home sector) have four and that would play havok with the system as they would knife fight to show up and Leonis is already overburden with assignment as it is.

There are ways to solve this but this would involve work instead of taking the easy way out, there was no reason to remove clusters at all and they only seem to have done so to push people into buying their packs, the whole argument about "not up to standard" is a load of cock, it was we could just enter a cluster and fly around for mats, a little honesty would have serve them better by keeping the clusters and remove the mats spawns were at least it would not fuck everything in the process.

And no, its slower because they are lazy and just copied the Dyson Sphere that is 20 hours reset so welcome to it refreshing once per day since it seems they didnt change the refresh timer to be in sync with sector as clusters were and since its a interaction in sector, they dont show up on Department heads so its considerable much slower, its a lazy over-the-knee rush job.

And yes, you can enter Sirius if you finished that featured episode, no need of Marauding/Diplomacy T4 or someone giving you DI/MF.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Nice, they finally fixed the ultra-shit performance I've been having since 9.5 launched.

Also, I lucked out on the doff grinder and turned 5 blues into a purple technician. This specific one is going for 17.5 Mil EC on the exchange, but I can only post up to 10 mill...

Last edited:

Davidshky

Scholar
You haven't bought the EC cap increase?

I guess you could join some trade channel or something and exchange it for keys or some other valuable items.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
I thought only gold or lifetime suckers members got those

But then again, the account bank is also available to us plebs now so maybe this is too.

Norfleet

You could mail it to me, I'll sell it for you and dump it into the Fleet Bank once it sells.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Also, I lucked out on the doff grinder and turned 5 blues into a purple technician. This specific one is going for 17.5 Mil EC on the exchange, but I can only post up to 10 mill...

My first thought was: "Why did you burn so many potatos!"... but then i read it costs only 5k (unless they changed it). Now I feel a little stupid for never trying it myself, I somehow remembered it costing a five digit sum...
Not that I need more purples, my ships a well staffed by clones of Maela, Borgkitteh, other colonials and their KDf equivalents, but you can never have enough purples, right?:obviously:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
My first thought was: "Why did you burn so many potatos!"... but then i read it costs only 5k (unless they changed it). Now I feel a little stupid for never trying it myself, I somehow remembered it costing a five digit sum...
Not that I need more purples, my ships a well staffed by clones of Maela, Borgkitteh, other colonials and their KDf equivalents, but you can never have enough purples, right?:obviously:
It used to be free until Season 9. That's how we got the armies of doffs for the fleet projects. I was quite pissed off when they added a dilithium cost.

In before Vaarna tells us how the new retarded system is way easier and better.

Norfleet

5K for a random purple is utterly retardo, though. As for the new retarded system...well, it's easier, since you no longer need to play the upgrind/downgrind game to get a VERY SPECIFIC color of doff and class, and can just feed masses of undifferentiated white doffmeat. But better? Improvement is a physical impossibility. Entropy must always increase. The Decline is inevitable and inexorable.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
It is indeed retardo, I just got lucky.

I wasn't a big fan of your "entropism" philosophy when you first joined, but after all these months I kind of see the point.

This game is like it's being run by Google. As soon as you get used to something, it gets abruptly changed to something far more frustrating for no apparent reason.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
That reminds me: did they bother changing what race you get? Or does the romulan grinder still hand out every race your faction can have?

Norfleet

Actually the upgrinder has cost minerals since Embassy, IIRC.
The upgrinder has always cost minerals, but ever since S7, it has cost a STUPID amount of minerals. We calculated that the cost increase was around 19000% total, and it is dead.

That reminds me: did they bother changing what race you get? Or does the romulan grinder still hand out every race your faction can have?
Romulan Grinder seems to hand out mostly Romulans, although occasionally it hiccups. Of course, I have only attempted to degrind, being that upgrinder costs stupid amounts, and meat is meat, so I don't really care what comes out.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Romulan Grinder seems to hand out mostly Romulans, although occasionally it hiccups. Of course, I have only attempted to degrind, being that upgrinder costs stupid amounts, and meat is meat, so I don't really care what comes out.

There was a time when I read the RPG part of MMORPG as "roleplaying game" instead of "Really P-something Grinding", or at least I wasn't roleplaying a dilithium miner. So yeah, it has become unimportant by now...

Norfleet

Wait, since when has that EVER been true? Are you mad, man? The MMORPG genre has been about grinding since back in the days when they were smaller and called MUDs. Grinding has been with us since the dawn of the genre, and the only "RPG" element there ever was is that we have stats, unlike the putative Laptop Guy.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I roleplayed a ghost in UO.. ooooOOOOOoooooo.
UO will always be remembered for having so many things to do..... and in the end you were just grinding magic. Corp Por!

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I roleplayed a ghost in UO.. ooooOOOOOoooooo.
UO will always be remembered for having so many things to do..... and in the end you were just grinding magic. Corp Por!
On the shard I played the local rules were set up so that the be-all-end-all means of combat was a poisoned halberd on ostrichback.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom