Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
  • Level 51 - Gain a small pack of Duty Officers
  • Level 52 - Upgrade your Fleet Support ability from rank II to rank III
  • Level 54 - Upgrade your captain class ability Strike Team, Engineering Proficiency, or Scientific Aptitude from rank II to rank III
  • Level 55 - Gain a Bridge Officer Candidate
  • Level 57 - Upgrade your captain class ability Tactical Fleet, Engineering Fleet, or Science Fleet from rank II to rank III
  • Level 60 - Gain an additional Captain Trait slot

Unless the Doffs/Boffs are speshul, I am not really impressed. Image the joy you might feel after getting 5 common Doffs at lvl51 and a purple rigelian engineer at 55! Manly tears of happiness will be wept...
Extra trait slot seems good though.

Davidshky

Scholar
Maybe the free lvl 55 boff is their way to give everyone the new intelligence class boff.

Also, crystalline entity event grind go!

Norfleet

Where's everyone dumping their Radiothermal packs, anyway? DO NOT OPEN THOSE. Penalty cycle is currently in effect, you will receive reduced rewards for opening them. Plus, unless you are crafting, they don't have a use, so just dump them into the bank and I'll stuff them into mules so they don't take up space.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
scaling hp, level ups, and new boff slots with a new kind of boff.. mkay...

Bliblablubb

Arcane
To claim it, simply log into the game on an eligible character (we’ll list the eligibility requirements for each item in a later news post)

They better not pull another "has bought x amounts of zen" stunt again!

Level cap increase devblog is up.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6009103-raising-the-level-cap

As you have leveled up, you’ve spent Skill Points in your captains Skill Tree until you max out at level 50. After the level cap increase goes live, you will continue to level by earning and spending Skill Points earned throughout the new content that will premier with Delta Rising. What will change is that these will only be used to track your progress as you approach the new level cap of 60. You will no longer be using these points in the basic skill tree. Instead, for every level between 50 and 60, you will earn one Specialization Point that can be spent in the new Specialization Trees. Specialization Trees will be the main way you will develop your character past level 50, and they will open up new ground and space abilities as you progress. We will describe all the new features and abilities you’ll be able to find in these Specialization Trees in an upcoming blog, so stay tuned.

Another important change to the leveling system will come after reaching level 60. You will continue to earn Skill Points as if you are still leveling up, and each time you reach enough points to level up to what would be the next rank, you will earn an additional Specialization Point. This will give players the ability to continue earning points until you max out your Specialization Trees.

• Level 51 - Gain a small pack of Duty Officers
  • Level 52 - Upgrade your Fleet Support ability from rank II to rank III
  • Level 54 - Upgrade your captain class ability Strike Team, Engineering Proficiency, or Scientific Aptitude from rank II to rank III
  • Level 55 - Gain a Bridge Officer Candidate
  • Level 57 - Upgrade your captain class ability Tactical Fleet, Engineering Fleet, or Science Fleet from rank II to rank III
  • Level 60 - Gain an additional Captain Trait slot

They're still dancing around the elephant in the room tho.

needlessly overcomplicating an already complicated system. exactly what the game needed...

Bliblablubb

Arcane
It would probably sell like sliced bread, but.... my immershun!

Annoying enough to have more alien ships in the fed fleet than their own ships, now add antique ones and my adorable potato trowel starts looking like the most advanced ship they have.

Tier 5 starships that have been omitted from this list, as they don’t qualify for an upgrade, are those that fall into one of the following categories:

• Starships with a Dilithium or Rank-Up Token cost
  • Starships that cost Fleet Credits only
  • Starships that are awarded from completion of an episode
  • Mirror Universe Starships
Are you fucking borgkitten me? All my non-roms are flying mirrors!:argh:
That's pretty low considering that mirror ships come from a lockbox as well...
My only free upgraded ones are the Dyson boats and the still wrapped Risa brick.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I can guess that. Not only did they make no mention about what happens to Fleet Module ships, the 5-10 upgrade cost range without account-wide guarantee is unacceptable.

Hopefully the Picard Maneuver console soothes pain.

Subject37

Educated
I'm pretty sure the forums are always like that, always have been and always will be.

Oh they are, but the angst is especially delicious this week, as people learn that their zen and fleet ships will soon be obsolete and they'll have to pay again to bring them back up to spec. Or spend money on a new T6 ship of course. I'm personally looking forward to being able to upgrade my Bortasqu'. It may be masochistic of me but I just can't stop trying to polish that turd.

Drakron

Arcane
Oh it gets better ... how about "giveaway" a ship you cannot upgrade to T5 period on the free giveaway ,the “Support Cruiser Retrofit: Ambassador Class” Tier 5 starship.

Oh and Romulans get nothing outside a bridge pack for their leveling sips if said leveling ships are Federation/KDF.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
The free giveaway T5 was a wasted chance. Sure, it was clear they would hand out only stuff nobody buys, but they could have at least make it upgradable to T5.5 for Zen. A lot of players who do not own an upgradable T5 and with no intention to buy a T6 would have spend the small fee for an upgrade.
Easy money missed.
My fed will just go back to the dyson boat, good thing I never switched her away from the free moronic loleron setup.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well, seems Cryptic hired a lot of Trek actors this time, most of the Voyager crew:

We’re pleased to announce that in continuation with the Voyager theme of Star Trek Online: Delta Rising, Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine), Ethan Phillips (Nee

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
How much money do I need to pay to win in this online spaceship game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom