Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Yeah, everybody seems to do Japori elite judging by the chat spam. I always did the Klingons system, are Nausicans pushovers?

Davidshky

Scholar
Guide how to power-level both your character and your ship mastery

1. Change the difficulty to elite
  2. Start the tau dewa patrol mission (if you want romuloid marks)
  3. Go to the japori system
  4. Team up with a buddy (if possible)
  5. Roflstom the nausican
  6. Continue roflstoming nausicans until you reach your goal and/or get too bored

Davidshky

Scholar
Well I guess any "Kill 5 waves of X" system works but nausians are a bunch of pushovers imo.

Maybe we should do some tests to see if we find some other system to be even easier.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Upscaling in terms of elite in this game just means giving them a fuckton of HPs. I accidently left the difficulty at elite after Japori and went to a patrol mission involving killing several waves of 2 spheres and some aliens. I never needed to use some real healing measures, EPtS/HE was enough, because they hit like a 4-years-old. But they had at least 10000000000000 hitpoints each. You know a fight takes far too long when you cannot remember how often tactical fleet became available again...

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Tuvok's not as good as Spock at this whole Mind Meld thing:

H1PrOT8.jpg

"My mind to your mind, my finger to your eye."

I propose a Gorn challenge about this cutscene: Are you a bad enough dude to make a Gorn so tall that Tuvok grabs his crotch?

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Looks more like a creepy Tuvok has fun with his Nausican boytoy...

Great, you ruined Tuvok for me! Next time he mindmelds with a female toon I'm gonna cry RAEP!

Creepy stalking Shon and a leecherous Tuvok... Starfleet, what has become of you? :decline:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Kirk was only a victim, wasn't his fault that females from all species were attracted to his potbelly and threw themselves in his general direction! At least the Kirkster didn't follow people into the clothing booth, asking them if they "need a hand".

I'm looking at you Shon! :argh:(seriously, that was creepiest thing I ever encoutered in a game)

Davidshky

Scholar
Btw, I've found out how to get more XP by running patrol missions.

Basically, the larger your group is, the more enemies will spawn. Also, if we pick the lowest level character as the group leader and match his/her level we'll get even more XP.

So if we could just get a 5 man group and farm nausicans/gorn/tholians/etc we should be able to reach lvl 60 and get our ship masteries to lvl 4/5 in no time.

All day erry day. A lot of us have lots of alts with lots of ships to turbogrind.
well, give it's an end game feature it should have been a meaning to keep playing.
that and the new levels could have meant a lot, instead it's just a very small detail which doesn't add much. a shame.

Davidshky

Scholar
Since cryptic decided to shut down the tau dewa patrol missions, does anyone know any good alternatives for XP grinding?

Also, I have an idea for a somewhat cheap tricobalt bomber build I'd like to test with a group sometime once we have something to grind. Basically, kazon raider with tricobalt torps and mines + the vaadwaur cluster-torp, using torpedo spread, dispersal pattern beta and gravity well to create one massive explosion killing everything caught in the GW.

Norfleet

Will not work. Tricos have an obnoxious shared CD that covers both mines and torps, and they are, in general, now terrible.

Davidshky

Scholar
CD won't matter that much when you take out pretty much everything in one salvo.

Me and vaarn were using the vaadwaur torp + a trico mine with dispersal pattern beta and that did A LOT of damage to anything caught in the blast (including me).

Now I'd simply like to test including a normal tricobalt torp + torpedo spread and use more players to see if it would be enough to just kill everything caught in the blast zone in one salvo.

If that doesn't work the trico torps could just be replaced with DHCs and TS with CSV to enable some normal pewpew between bombing runs.

Norfleet

TricoTorp conflicts with TricoMine, that's the problem. Also, it is not even particularly strong anymore, you would get more impressive results with the Biotorp.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Wait what? They shut down Tau Dewa sector patrol? How am I supposed to help my fellow Romulards defend their loved ones against unprovoced Nazicoon attacks?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom