Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Norfleet

You won't have to, there won't be any because the pool is closed, pool has AIDS.

Davidshky

Scholar
They shut it down somewhere between the time of us grinding it yesterday and 8 hours ago when I somehow woke up early and checked for myself.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Yes, because someone on the forums talked.
The sector chat was enough to tick them off.

Theories on why they shut down TDP so far:

a) The XP gap between missions is in place to force people to buy xp tokens from the C-Store. 1000xp = 100 Cybershekelz I think. NO FREELOADING ALLOWED!
b) Purple R&D tokens droped every other run. NO FARMING OF THOSE ALLOWED!
c) Making the lowest teammember leader resulted in enemies not scaling properly, which may be defined as an exploit. NO EXPLOITING ALLOWED!
d) The DR expansion is supposed to milk and keep people playing for at least another month. NO SHORTCUTS ALLOWED!
e) Some us were grouping for the first time since forever, having small amounts of fun. NO FUN ALLOWED! WE HATE FUN!

Come to think of it... Norfleet are you working for them now?

Last edited:

Norfleet

I wish. Then I wouldn't still be banned. I think it had more to do with a or b. The lowest-teammember thing would still exist in any other such content as well. Plus, I think they might not have liked it that people were ignoring the new shiny in favor of playing old shit.

Besides, my hatred of fun only extends to my unwillingness to personally engage in it. I don't wish to outlaw others not under my immediate authority from engaging in it, there would be no profit in that. The frivolous and unfocused behaviors of others is what increases the value of my work.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
XP token doesn't count for ship XP I think. The primary reason for fighting Nazicoons to me was not char XP (that shit I can get from just doffing), but Ship XP. This was because you only get Ship XP from SHIP COMBAT, and you only get lots of that with such easy access and readiness with Nazicoons.

TricoTorp conflicts with TricoMine, that's the problem. Also, it is not even particularly strong anymore, you would get more impressive results with the Biotorp.
Vaadwaur Cluster Torpedo however does not share a cooldown with TricoMines (VCT is Cluster Torp as per Breen CT, but the big carrot is that it lets loose four Tricobalt Mines when it reaches the target). One of the big perks of the thing me and David did was David double-tapping Vaadwaur and Dispersal Beta. Extra lulz was provided by the fact that the Mat'Ha is a Raptor that's perfectly kitted for Aux2Batting, with 5 fore weapons. End result of this fun experiment was that KDF Fleet got a new theme song:

Kazon Raider is according to David's last check at 500k range, so it's a good option.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I totally forgive PWE for everything because they are giving each of us 60 Lobi for free this weekend! This will pacify the masses for sure.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
That was irony of course. Can you even buy anything for 60 Lobi? Just another ploy to get people into opening lockboxes...

Norfleet

No, but there's other previously-gotten freeLobi. How does one even get this Lobi?

Drakron

Arcane
Log-in, talk to the Ferengi of the hacked master key quest, get Lobi, log out.

Also on typical Craptic fashion, they disabled Tau Dewa patrols to "investigate" ... causing the already inflamed playerbase to get a bit more explosive, I kinda wish PW would start "offering" free trips to Tibet.

Norfleet

the fact that the Mat'Ha is a Raptor that's perfectly kitted for Aux2Batting, with 5 fore weapons.
Aux2batting a ship with 6 Tac Powers seems unnecessary. It seems to me you could do just fine without it. I would not have Aux2batted this ship. This ship doesn't have any of the flaws that Aux2batt is used to correct, why would you saddle it with the drawback of losing your aux-based damage boosts? I would NOT say that it's "perfectly kitted" for Aux2batting: It has too many tac powers. Maybe you could single-ATB it, but it still seems rather unnecessary.

Davidshky

Scholar
The only reason I used A2B was because I was just using the mat'ha to get the mastery trait and used the same boffs and doffs as my A2B Qib out of laziness.

On the other hand, on a ship like a BoP or the Kazon raider, using A2B could be useful since then you'd only need the commander tactical/universal station to cycle TT1, CSV/TS, APB/APO and DPB, saving the Lt Com station for a sci boff with GW and the two Lt stations for EPtX + A2B.

Also, apparently the tau dewa patrols are coming back now so I'm gonna try this out later today. I tried doing it in a story mission but the voth had FAW so it didn't really work at all.

Edit: Patchnotes

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/st...ail/9001443-release-notes:-october-23rd,-2014

Interesting parts

• The Skill Points and Expertise rewarded for defeating NPCs below the player’s current level have been updated.
    • They now correctly scale starting at one level below the player.
  • All Patrols and Deep Space Encounters in the Tau Dewa Sector now spawn NPCs at the correct level.

Resolved an issue that resulted in the XP earn rate for skill points to be incorrect.
  • This update will set the skill point earn rate to 2.0x normal.
    • Prior to Delta Rising the earn rate was 1.75x normal.

The difficulty of space NPCS has been updated for the 50-60 level range.
  • In Normal mode, all space NPCs have had their Hull and Shields slightly reduced.
  • In Advanced mode, all space NPCs have had their Hull and Shields slightly reduced.
    • Shields are reduced more than Hull.
  • In Elite mode, all space NPCs have had their Hull increased and Shields reduced slightly.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Yea, it seemed to me that they had overdone the shield/hull scaling for 50-60. At level 60 it took me almost as long to kill Kazon ships as on Elite at 50-55 because of how much shield and hull they had gotten from scaling.

And yea, it seems they were miffed by the fact people realized that some Delta/Tau Dewa sector patrols spawned weaker enemies than intended.

the fact that the Mat'Ha is a Raptor that's perfectly kitted for Aux2Batting, with 5 fore weapons.
Aux2batting a ship with 6 Tac Powers seems unnecessary. It seems to me you could do just fine without it. I would not have Aux2batted this ship. This ship doesn't have any of the flaws that Aux2batt is used to correct, why would you saddle it with the drawback of losing your aux-based damage boosts? I would NOT say that it's "perfectly kitted" for Aux2batting: It has too many tac powers. Maybe you could single-ATB it, but it still seems rather unnecessary.
A2B doesn't affect passive sources of damage at all for the Mat'Ha, since the aux->damage trait actually sucks (Mat'Ha only gets around 4% damage bonus with it unless maxing Aux last time I checked the tooltip, and it'd still be a 50% maintain with A2B; currently it seems to me that that the +5% Acc on miss is a better way to improve damage due to crit overflow and causing you to actually hit those small Kazon bastards). Moreover, A2B is the only way to get maximum cycle speed out of having doff-buffed Attack Pattern Beta, Overload, Volley, Dispersal Pattern Beta, and potentially a Torpedo Spread as well without duplicates (normally I run a Tac Team 1 duplicate on it instead of Torp power just to be safe). Additionally, it makes the ship much more durable thanks to speeding up buffed RPS cooldown, EPtW/S cycle, and heal cooldowns.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
After playing a DR sector patrol mission yesterday I could go full Drakron mode, but a good night's sleep slightly cooled me off.
This expansion is a pile of turd. Not even even the Dragon Turd 2 variant, just a huge pile of turd with some delta shaped raisins in it, hoping players don't notice. What little good things it provides is utterly destroyed by those patrol filler missions and the dickwart's ridiculous HP bloat. I get the feeling the difficulty switches between normal and elite at random. Some of the patrol missions are okay, while other feel like soloing the old ISE.

Examples:
The small carrier pets already have 70000 hps + shields and an ungodly high defense. I haven't seen so many floating "miss" for a long time and my boat has the ACCx3 Phasers equipped. The next bigger ship comes with 180k and I didn't even check how much the cruiser/artillery ships have. On top of that they can also change shield facing at will, meaning as a cruiser you will have to pretty much crunch through all four sides, or hope the 5% bleedthrough kills them.
Even the tiny tractor beam mine thingies have tenthousends of HPs, requiring you to focus fire on them instead of shockwaving them away.

One of the missions involved helping Talaxians against the dickwarts. What could have been a nice mission, was blown by the amount of time it took to kill each of the groups. and a new gimmick was introduced: space artillery strike on your position, similar to Sela's tholaron attack. Even with evasive maneuvers escaping isn't guaranteed. Does only ~20k dmg though.
But the 2nd Talaxian mission was even better: deploy turrets to defend a convoy. Except deploying them was buggy, giving me a "calibrate turret" prompt over and over, so I ended up with only two turrets.
But who cares, I am flying a fully leveled Guardian, bring it on! Dickwarts arrive and paint me with their floating crosses. Brace for impact, A2S3, RSP2, Guardian console and let me show you the fing-... I got vaporized. Lolwut?
Cruiser hits you for 10000 (40000) damage with mine. One of many mines. One of many cruisers. Yeah... normal difficulty mind you.

And don't get me started on the endboss from "dragon's deceit": he charges at you, melees 30% of your hp away, while snaring you, can't be knocked over... I guess the quest companion was supposed to draw his aggro but he did a bad job. No gimmicks like the other mission's bossfight had, only your captain and his gun alone. Also mudcrabs in that mission.

TLDR: If you intend to play DR, bring disruptors, APB and the largest amount of kinetic resistance you can get. Especially for the ground parts. And for god's sake skip the shitty patrol missions! Their only purpose is to keep players occupied long enough so they don't realize how few real missions DR offers.

Vaarna_Aarne

So far the only sector patrol that's been actively pissing me off is the one where you have to damage Borg and then use the thingamajig on them when they're below 30%. The annoying part is because my boats rip those borg apart too fast.

The major issues with the enemy scaling and difficulty level are really just down to them catering to their forum crowd that's been bitching about things not being hard enough in the game since forever.

Also, some of the patrol missions are good for getting a quick daily Mark bonus for Repping.

Vaarna_Aarne

I wouldn't be surprised if that particular crowd I mentioned won't be satisfied until it takes 25 players to beat a single Borg Cube on Normal.

Norfleet

I'm pretty sure the crowd in question was not saying "Monsters Need Moar HP".

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Those early patrol missions are easymode, like you said: the problem there is NOT blowing up the cubes. I accidently killed 5 cubes with my romulard until I deactived most weapons and just fired at it with my turrets. The one I was talking about is the lvl57 one I think, when the dickwarts become your main opponent. And there is STILL a last one to go. Judging by the way it moved so far, I expect them to consist of 3 artillery ships and 3 cruisers in each wave.

Davidshky

Scholar
Yeah I'm pretty sure the majority of the community meant something like "New harder content with enemies that do more damage and use more abilities etc etc but also give better rewards".

No one asked for them to fuck up the normal and old elite queues and I don't think anyone really wanted the enemies to have more health as the increase in difficulty.

Personally I think DR can be a good expansion once they undo the horrible changes to normal and advanced and actually make the new elite stuff more difficult.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well I haven't given them any names. I just wondered which you meant because the Kazon kinda look like dickwarts.

And yea, I'm with David. The release is for now a rocky ride, but they seem to admit they fucked up a lot of things.

Drakron

Arcane
Kazons are 80's hair Not-Klingons.

Or just LOLzons.

... but they seem to admit they fucked up a lot of things.

Seem?

I bet if they started to random shooting people at the street they would refuse to admit that was kinda of a bad thing, as much BioWare is a example of letting their ego to get the best of them, Cryptic isnt far behind ... they will rather blame anyone else and that includes the players to admit any responsibility over a mistake they made.

One of the things I would pay money was seeing a fusion of BioWare and Cryptic because oh my God, it would be "all the egocentrism in the world along with all the lazy incompetent design" ...

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom