Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

eklektyk

Erudite
i do wonder tho : since they slashing all xp for below lvl content do they intend to remove retardes scaling hp from those enemies as well ??? if not fuck them and that monkey that was responsible for this excelent turd called derp risin

Davidshky

Scholar
Well they're reducing the HP of enemies in normal and advanced in this update by (iirc) 20 and 30%.

We should also get more XP in total if I've understood things correctly.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Exactly, so while they won't admit anything they at least know they fucked up on those things.

Also not XP in general, just more XP after level cap. Which is good, since currently it takes way too much effort to Spec.

Drakron

Arcane
Its not enough, a Sphere had about 70k HP on Elite ... they were at 520k and thats not counting the resists, we talking about 300k spheres with 80% resists.

This is absurd, problem isnt HP bloat only ... its resists as well, this is going back to pre-Season 7 and all the wonderful "banter" on the channels about DPS and all that crap (remember that "KDF General" guy? I certainly do) , I will stay OUT of any group activity because I do recall those days, this crap only pleases the Elitists for a while because it doesnt take long for them to complain about queues being slow/dead.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
To be fair, when I played LoR it was already 6 months or a year old, so I guess the original "experience" wasn't the way it is today. Give DR a year as well and they might have brought it back to a managable level as well. Once they have reaped enough initial money and realized that nobody buys the xp tokens in a western MMORPG at least.
When I complained about the Vaadwaur in my rant-post, I didn't demand to nerf them. Just wanted to point out the obvious lack of testing their own content. Getting instagibbed without a chance to counter it on a difficulty called "normal" is a design no-go. After the initial blow up they went back to being sponges without teeth, so it was a "oops, we didn't anticipate that focussing on the player may be a little too much dmg" problem. Or a level scaling bug.

Davidshky

Scholar
I don't really mind high damage resist if the HP itself is reasonable.

Personally I wish they used more stuff that can be countered by debuffs to make enemies more durable instead of just raw HP numbers.

For example, lets say some faction got a special and fairly powerful hull heal ability that relies on aux power. Then power drain could be a bit more viable in PvE and maybe 4 DPS boats + 1 power drain sci ship would be better than just 5 DPS boats.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Seems that using heals while flying the Guardian is bugged and only heals like you were flying a T3 boat. Come to think of it, i DID wonder why I always had to use several heals to get back into shape but blamed it on my large HP pool. Heh, hidden difficulty increase.

On a related note: fighting the Vagwarts during sector patrol has become significantly easier now, so it was indeed a scaling bug. Last patrol filler of the DR episode went by without RAEG. Now I only need to grind another level. :roll:

Davidshky

Scholar
Fighting the nazicoons in japori on the other hand has become MUCH MUCH harder on elite and they've kinda nerfed the XP reward.

I actually suspect that running it on normal in a group could be better than advanced and elite in terms of XP per hour. I would like to do some tests where we run some patrol mission a few times on both normal, advanced and elite, time it and keep track of the XP reward.

I also think that getting some of our characters to 22 points in the intelligence specialization tree could be a decent short (ish) term goal so we can train each others boffs with lvl 3 intel abilities.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, maybe we can give it a shot later today.

Also, getting to 22 points in Intel is a huge undertaking due to how much XP is needed.

Davidshky

Scholar
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=20180531

• Gorn now have access to Intel glasses.
10/10 best expansion so far.

The dysons ships getting access to normal ship materials and the intel ships getting some new ones as well is also kinda nice for vain people like me.

Now lets see how long it takes for them to undo their shitty balance changes and other horrible ideas.

Also, they're gonna remove the ability to customize the hierarchy boff except for those that already have it so if you want a big fat space potato in a silly uniform then I suggest you start doing the DR storyline.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
A word of warning before you start the final story mission:

After playing the lengthy mission I hit a gamestopping bug, that prevents me from finishing it. Apparently that bug had been reported on tribble, but didn't get fixed to keep the deadline. The usual banana product.
So... no hurry getting to level 60 guys!

Subject37

Educated
Having just played "Dragon's Deceit" for the first time last night, I was happy to see the return of our old friends the brain parasites! I was just talking about them a few days ago on in-game chat!

Vaarna_Aarne

I already accused of spoilers because it took me five seconds to figure out that the Champions-Vaadwaur was a host to one.

Davidshky

Scholar
Btw, I've finally found a system patrol that's somewhat decent for getting XP. Argala system in the delta quadrant.

Simply kill 5 waves of enemies from a random enemy faction. Running it on normal solo gives 4k XP and takes me around 5 minutes.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Argala has one downside tho:

One of the spawns is fucking Hirogen.
I have switched from TSS to ST for the DR content a long while ago. Especially Vagwart artillery ships like to play hide and seek a lot.
And just admit it: deep down inside you, you always wanted to be a Neelix!

I hope they aren't just recycling "Brobisek's station adventures" again. While there is nothing wrong with more Brobisek, his nagging "station integrity below 50%!!!1eleventyone" still haunts me in my sleep.

Last edited:

Drakron

Arcane
I dont know, I am almost inclined to try to find out but I expect more Delta Rioting style of "revamp" design ... that I would appreciate as it would make half of the players packing ... again.

I have no idea what goes on those demented heads of theirs, I do hope their Chinese Overlords finally go EA on their asses because I dont think they are too happy about a "expansion" that is actively making then lose players, the "whaling" technique is only good for one thing, a scam ... and scams on MMO dont go well, just ask those Mechwarrior Online guys how its going.

Davidshky

Scholar
And just admit it: deep down inside you, you always wanted to be a Neelix!

I kinda wanted to be a talaxian and then constantly call Valkar "Mr Vulcan".

Fortunately for Vaarn I'm not a lifer.

I hope they aren't just recycling "Brobisek's station adventures" again. While there is nothing wrong with more Brobisek, his nagging "station integrity below 50%!!!1eleventyone" still haunts me in my sleep.

Well judging by the description that's exactly what it's gonna be. On the bright side we know how to do it quickly so it shouldn't be too painful.

Vaarna_Aarne

I'm actually kind of sad they didn't account for the fact players could be Mr Vulcans too. :(

And we can just do it on Normal because we aren't hurting for FM.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom