Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Drakron

Arcane
No, they arent.

XP tables need a rework instead of people hitting level walls in DR missions, its fucking amazing that in 2014 some dipshit thinks that XP farming is fucking awesome, even the grindan JRPGs have moved from that.

Of course that involves work, going back to the Borg episodes and adjust their XP rewards, also means adjusting XP tables so patrols and replaying missions give more XP that destroying 5 ships, the fact they added a new mission AT level 60 speaks volumes, they are either ignoring this or its part of their "design".

Their "admittance" is nothing but damage control and lip service, the only "fix" is towards Ship Mastery that is a entirely self-serving fix, they want players to buy their 30 dollar ships for the Ship Traits.

And yes, there are population issues ... PvP is about dead now due to the wonders that is the specialization system.

eklektyk

Erudite
STO DeV said said:
Your feedback on the story has been overwhelmingly positive, and everyone on the development team wants to continue delivering the story content you've asked to see. While you’ve been on an amazing voyage through the quadrant, the team has been hard at work to bring you the next chapter in the Delta Rising story arc..

yup ...
5 ppl that are still playing said only good things 'bout it so lets keep at it boys ...its obviously working well ...
meh cant be arsed to think of smth bettah as winter event is coming soon and after two tries i concluded that its iredemidably[<==yeah thats a word- deal with it] fucked and i wont be attending

Drakron

Arcane
Winter is slightly better since you only need to get 1000 Q Pictures ONCE, then it unlocks discount at account for 30 Q Pictures thats one race.

But yes, if you had trouble running its not going to be better since I am not seeing then changing the race.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Looking foward to farming my winterbikini scarf!

To be fair: the STORY missions of Delta Raisin were kinda neat. I mean come on, the mission with the Brobisek stand-in was awsome! The problem was: there were only a handful compared to LoR, levelgated and streched by ordinary sector patrols. If they continue to address the glaring problems and add additional missions over the next months (after the initial cashgrab has disappeared), eventually DR will be considered a "good for what it is" expansion.

I wonder how far the ship mastery xp fix will catapult the Dysonboat (R.R.W. Andheira :obviously:) I've been "leveling" through the MUE...

Where is everyone?".
Leveling all of their T6 ships on every toon to get all the mastery traits. Got to collect them all!

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Most of my leveling has been done through repping and limited scale doffing.

And ya, the story missions are neat stuff.

eklektyk

Erudite
well to be honest i did not even atempted to play new episodes ....
after brainfart that was retarded lvlscaling of hp/shields i had trouble with reruns of cardasian episodes i tried to g thru and then i went on forums and read all that beautifull popcornworthy stuff they cooked up... i simply said f#$2 it and went all doff mode and that was it plus MI dailies

Norfleet

Ahoy thar, Drakron. What Drakronity be you up to? I haven't heard you scream hysterically in awhile. And how can you have TROUBLE with the race? You just bunnyhop your way through the entire thing. If you tab out during start so that the countdown is running during "Press Key To Continue" screen, you won't even have an opponent.

Davidshky

Scholar
In case you guys need the damn power cells for the delta rep, the bug hunt ground queue is puggable even on elite, the "optional" objective is really easy and it's not that bad for a ground mission.

Just grab some AoE weapons/abilities and fight your way through the swarm.

Edit: Btw, the shotgun is reclaimable for free in the dil stores reclaim tab and since you get random modifiers when you open the box you can simply keep on discarding and reclaiming it until you get the mods you want.

I've also heard they're planning on changing it to VR with predetermined mods.

Last edited:
  • Reduced the Skill Point requirement to go from level 0-5 in Starship Mastery by roughly 50%.
    • No earned Ship Mastery Skill Points will be removed from player’s ships.
    • Players who are in the process of leveling up a Starship Mastery level will have the Mastery level of the ship increase to match the roughly 50% decrease in points required.

why even add it to the game then? it took me no more than a couple hours to level to 5 my mastery, now it's going to take less than one hour.
why? what for? i don't see anything of value being added this way, nothing which could make me care for a ship instead of another.

Vaarna_Aarne

I think they realized the correct conclusion that a oneship4lyfe approach would be a load of bollocks. Personally I wouldn't mind if they just gave you the traits off the bat, since what you want in any ship is to have its full set of bonuses unlocked AND in case of T6 ship those slottable traits. Given how strong altitis is in this game, I would even settle for just one character needing to clear a particular ship.

Point is, the faster the better when it comes to ship mastery in my opinion.

Drakron

Arcane
Kinda?

I mean you get a Uni Lt and the hybrid is Eng/Int so theoretically you could run 2 Lt Tac now, its better that before thats for sure.

Davidshky

Scholar
Well I'm probably getting the pack. I've become kinda fond of a dauntless build I made but the damn thing is so ugly I want to cry and the pathfinder should be able to use a pretty similar build.

I wonder if they'll make a T6 Defiant with a ship pack and set bonuses when/if they make a gamma quadrant expansion.

And btw guys, the phantoms ship trait is fucking awesome so if you have the ship, go grind argala or something for 30 minutes or so to get it. As long as you're moving and taking fire your tac and intel abilities will have minimal cooldown without any A2B or doffs and stuff.

Vaarna_Aarne

I've never found that it reaches minimal (shared) CD even when combined with Battle Ready max stack and Elusive. Seems to only shave off 3-5 seconds at best, so I was kind of underwhelmed by it.

Vaarna_Aarne

Wrapping up the shotgun event today, still gotta rep all the way but my first batch of repping crew should be through in ten days and then some.

Norfleet

I'm about to run out of stuff to pawn off. If anyone wants minerals before I start liquidating that, remember, cut-rate.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
If I had a Sci Captain I would probably go for the pack. A T6 sciboat that doesn't look like a blob would be worth the shekelz. Good thing I don't have one, moneyz saved!
I am kinda worried though, that this pack is a testbed for future sales. Wouldn't be surprised if they bring us a T6 Defiant pack (with bridge and interior) and a T6 Sovereign pack, just to test if people are as ready to buy the packs for a higher price as they would buy a single ship. Because fanbois will buy it anyway.
To be honest, that would make me a little sad, since given the choice between the Guardian and the Sov, I would have picked the Sov.

I DO like the idea of a bundle that makes you able to stick to your favorite ship from lvl30 onwards. Unlikely for the Sov, but... T6 Failaxy anyone?

I'm about to run out of stuff to pawn off. If anyone wants minerals before I start liquidating that, remember, cut-rate.
Thanks, but I have fresh char with all reps being ready to turn in next potato weekend. You taught me well. :salute:

Davidshky

Scholar

Still 140 EC per dil? I have around 200+ mil EC saved up so I might be interested in buying 1-1,5 mil minerals.

Norfleet

Yeah, conditions haven't changed much since then. I have more minerals, a certain Eggy Friend wants ECs, and trading them through keys is a bit of a hassle. If I sell enough of this stuff, maybe I can finance my own game, or something.

Subject37

Educated
I wonder if they'll make a T6 Defiant with a ship pack and set bonuses when/if they make a gamma quadrant expansion.

It's inevitable. You can't release a T6 Voyager, a ship that no one cares about (except apparently Tuvok), and then not release a T6 Defiant. My money is on the Gamma Quadrant being the focus of the next big release, at which time we'll be seeing a T6 Defiant and a renovated DS9. I'd guess a T6 Defiant would have 5 forward weapon slots and an integrated cloak, but not be as intel-heavy as the Phantom. Oh and since we don't yet have a Dominion rep tree to grind on, we'll be getting that too.

I would like to say we'll also be seeing T6 Galaxy at some point, but I think in Cryptic's mind they've already released one and it's called the Guardian.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

If they'd make a T6 Galaxy, it'd be Galaxy-X T6 or soemthing. Defiant is by far the likeliest one to get T6 re-release.

Besides the Gamma stuff, we would also get a step closer to playable Cardie bastards.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Far more important would be a T6 Derpidex. Make it so!
The Gamma Quadrant is definitly more interesting to me than the Delta Quadrant. Maybe because I treasure DS9 much higher then the Failager series. The only downside being... more polaron rep weapons? Maybe we could get cardassian pissbeams instead.

Also quick reminder and something I noticed yesterday:

a) Cocky's shotgun spawns as a MK13 when you are level 60. So don't forget to reclaim it once you've reached 60!

b) If you have aquired parts of the dyson ground set back in the days, then add another part now, the game does not recognize it as part of the set. You have to unequip all parts, put them into the upgrade window (without upgrading of course) to update the old parts. Cryptic...
I assume it's valid for other ground and space sets as well.

eklektyk

Erudite
so i need to dump 12500 zen for that ship bundle to unlock shitty traits ??? and then they will shit out single ships for 3000 so i can haz new shitties to grind ??? i dont think so...
anyways i got like 5k zen waiting for some xmas promo or smth ...and zen price bounced from 153 to 156 again ...:sigh:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom