Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Wait... you whine about everyone except you having a T6 ship while sitting on a mountain of Cybershekelz? Every day you don't spend them, PWE kills a borgkitteh!
Also in case you didn't notice: this game is all about grinding space potatos, so you can turn them into Shekelz and buy new shinies. Then the circle starts anew.

Drakron

Arcane
so i need to dump 12500 zen for that ship bundle to unlock shitty traits ??? and then they will shit out single ships for 3000 so i can haz new shitties to grind ???

Yes.

I dont know who was in charge of the game monetization system but I suspect until recently it was the Developers (meaning Geko) and only thing they been releasing constantly been ships, they fully intend for you to buy all the ships for the traits from Mastery, notice they keep reducing XP requirements for it.

I also suspect they are kinda of a bit of a pickle as I can see how this T6 Voyager might been already planned I also suspect things arent going well and this is pissing on the people that brought a T-U token for their Intrepid since unless its Fleet this is just better overall as you get a Science Ensign turned into a Lt. universal and we all know the Fleet versions of T6 ships are coming.

Plus as much they want to copy Neverwinter they completely FAIL at that, notice how Crafting that is almost a copy of Neverwinter system requires special Duty Officers (and how Neverwinter doesnt, if you got it them you got it, rarity not withstanding) that you can only find on Xindi Lock box that was RETIRED or gamble for white DOFFs at 1000 Dil a pop INSTEAD of doing what Neverwinter does, Profession Packs on the C-Store that as much I would dislike at least MAKES SENSE and I bet that is became "they" want to add a crafting tutorial but havent had the time for it ... as usual.

Edit:

Jeff Hamilton have left Cryptic, considering the Crafting Grindate was created by him ... well, I guess thats another thing that will be never worked on again.

Davidshky

Scholar
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1302381

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B222ms7CAAA09v_.jpg:large

STO is just becoming more and more TRON
  • Zefram Cochrane Shotgun
    • Claiming this will now always apply [CrtD] and [CrtH] to the shotgun.
    • [CrtD]x2 [CrtH]x2 [Dm/CrD] will always be applied to a fully upgraded version of the shotgun.
    • Existing Zefram Cochrane shotguns will be updated to reflect these changes.
No more need to reclaim the shotty over and over again
  • A new free material has been added to all Tier 5 Upgradable ships as well as Tier 6 ships.
    • This material is titled Upgrade in the ship tailor.
    • This material will be unlocked on all current and future upgraded ships.
    • The material is immediately available for all Tier 6 ships.
    • This material is not available on a Tier 5 Upgradable ship until the ship is upgraded.
I wonder if they really mean ALL T5-U ships (like the Atrox, Guramba, Risian cruiser etc etc) or just standard federation, klingon and romulan ships.

https://twitter.com/zeroniusrex/status/535263808709988354

"There isn't just one material. There's one for Fed, one for KDF, one for Romulan, one for Xindi, etc... :)"

• Scryer Intel Science Vessel:
    • This starship now has a secondary deflector slot.
      • Players who own the Scryer may purchase a generic secondary deflector from the Dilithium Store in the special tab.
    • This starship now has the Sensor Analysis ability.
Well the scryer suddenly got a lot better. Now the question is how long it will take before they actually give us the damn secondary deflector update.
  • Kazon ships no longer use the blue phasers usually associated with TOS ships.
Huzzah! That sound was getting kinda annoying when you had 10+ ships using them.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The whole secondary deflector thing has become the worst kind of striptease.

Also, fingers crossed the new material means Aegis material.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Zefram Cochrane Shotgun
    • Claiming this will now always apply [CrtD] and [CrtH] to the shotgun.
    • [CrtD]x2 [CrtH]x2 [Dm/CrD] will always be applied to a fully upgraded version of the shotgun.
    • Existing Zefram Cochrane shotguns will be updated to reflect these changes.
Nooooo, it will change from a great MK13 CrtDx2 to a shitty CrtD/CrtX now, forcing us to pump money into upgrading. Thanks Cryptic.

• Scryer Intel Science Vessel:
    • This starship now has a secondary deflector slot.
      • Players who own the Scryer may purchase a generic secondary deflector from the Dilithium Store in the special tab.
    • This starship now has the Sensor Analysis ability.
Wait what? The "Science ship" didn't have Sensor Analysis? Does that mean the Eclipse doesn't have cruiser commands either?

The whole secondary deflector thing has become the worst kind of striptease.

Also, fingers crossed the new material means Aegis material.
If it brings me green tron lines on my Derpidex, i don't have to buy the Romulard shield. I (would) approve!

Fake Edit: stupid dots all over the place again:argh:

eklektyk

Erudite
with 3 chars in sto that gives me [assuming that i even bother hiting dill cap grind] 8k dil per day going for around 50 zen per day => 150 zen total
4500 a month .... so just 3 months of grindan for that pack ...and they introduce new shit faster than i can grind zen for it soooo ... :)
and MI goes away ...my bestest source of all kind of marks and 2k dil per day for almost no work

Norfleet

My advice to you is simply to round up some EC and buy my minerals, they are cheap. There is no cap on EC and this special deal is not available to just anyone, because I don't hang out in the game anymore. Rounding up EC is easy...rounding up minerals, not so much. That way I can accelerate the process of not having to come back when I finally pawn everything off.

Davidshky

Scholar
with 3 chars in sto that gives me [assuming that i even bother hiting dill cap grind] 8k dil per day going for around 50 zen per day => 150 zen total
4500 a month .... so just 3 months of grindan for that pack ...and they introduce new shit faster than i can grind zen for it soooo ... :)
and MI goes away ...my bestest source of all kind of marks and 2k dil per day for almost no work

Invest some zen into character slots and get some catfood farmers to increase your income of EC and dil. Selling contraband and tau dewa aid doffs is how I get most of my EC.

And btw, Norfleet, do you know any good trading channels other than "TheTradingChannel"? I have some stuff I'd like to sell but don't know what I should demand for it, like a UR Mk XII tachyon deflector with [FlwC]x2.

Norfleet

I don't think generic deflectors tend to have extreme values, and so the market for those are pretty niche. Post on Exchange, hope for the best. That's the only one.

Davidshky

Scholar
I know, but for example someone who want as much flow cap as possible might be willing to spend a lot of EC on it since it has +35 flow cap which afaik is higher than any fleet or rep deflector.

But since the market for crafted deflectors is kinda small I don't even have anything to compare it with on the exchange.

Norfleet

Does it beat out the Jemmie Deflector? That was always on the list of the top-drainers.

Davidshky

Scholar
If the breen carrier isn't the winter event reward I'll eat my own hat or something. A lot of people called it a year ago since the Sarr Theln is the last normal breen ship left.
I just wish cryptic could hurry up and give us the damn stats already, including the fighters and frigate hangars.

I also want to know more about the possibility of an elachi carrier. Since there were elachi ships in the list of carrier pets that were getting fixed it seems like they're planning to add an elachi carrier in the somewhat near future, but how?
Doff pack reward? Anniversary event? Lockbox/lobi store?

Also, here are some pictures of upgrade ship materials. https://imgur.com/a/pMWCN http://imgur.com/a/5zM81 http://i.imgur.com/un78wBR.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Oya4OOh.jpg

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I would say lockbox for the Elachi carrier and lobi for the pets. So far no real alien ship is available in the C-Store. Why give it away for a one time fee when you can continue milking the people who have already picked the Lobi store clean while hugging the latest lockbox T6 ship?

And for the winter event... considering that I have none of the Breen ships so far, I would need to completely grind the winter event with 3 chars plus 2-3 extra runs on everyone. The horror!
I will still grind for a wintercoat for my Romulard though, since I don't have the luxury of a veteran coat. Yes I envy you.

Guess I will just get one ship for my Klang to bring her up to T5U, flying a captured ship even fits lore-wise. Both of the old ships actually have pretty good stats it seems.
Anyone with experience flying the warship?

Davidshky

Scholar
Tbh the winter event race isn't that bad. The race is easy as fuck, doesn't take long at all and I think Norfleet mentioned some bug that removed the competition.

Imo it would be worth it to get all 3 ships. The chell grett is 100% awesome, the plesh brek looks nice on paper and who can say no to a free T6 carrier with frigate pets. Also, the consoles that come with them have set bonuses.

Subject37

Educated
I cannot wait for the Sarr Thein. My KDF sci captain currently flies a Tal Shiar BC set up with a drain build. The Sar Thein sounds like the perfect replacement, sucking the life out of any ship that gets close.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Tbh the winter event race isn't that bad. The race is easy as fuck, doesn't take long at all and I think Norfleet mentioned some bug that removed the competition.

Imo it would be worth it to get all 3 ships. The chell grett is 100% awesome, the plesh brek looks nice on paper and who can say no to a free T6 carrier with frigate pets. Also, the consoles that come with them have set bonuses.

But... I think it takes 25 runs per ship, that would bring me to about 84-90 races in total. I seriously fear for my rest-sanity here.

eklektyk

Erudite
winter event and sanity in one sentence ? :)

and no i dont want to construct moar alts so i will live without nice dil flow

as on EC i got max around 20 mil sprinkled on 3 chars so small pocket change and all that

Drakron

Arcane
But... I think it takes 25 runs per ship, that would bring me to about 84-90 races in total. I seriously fear for my rest-sanity here.

No, you would not need as many ... let me think ... if I recall its 1000 /40 so 25 races but if Summer Event holds that means just 25 races + 1 per character you want the ship since discount unlock will cut 25 to just 1, optimal would be 2 characters running the 25 so you would have 1000 pictures for the next year right off the bat.

Bliblablubb

Arcane

No, you would not need as many ... let me think ... if I recall its 1000 /40 so 25 races but if Summer Event holds that means just 25 races + 1 per character you want the ship since discount unlock will cut 25 to just 1, optimal would be 2 characters running the 25 so you would have 1000 pictures for the next year right off the bat.
That's correct, buuuuut using my scroll of mathemacy:
3 chars have to do one ship each -> 25 x 3 = 75
Those 3 chars have to do 2 extra races for the other 2 ships -> 3 x 2 = 6
A fourth "playable" char would like it too, since it would be a waste otherwise -> add 3
Brings me to 84 races.
IF I decide to give the last 2 (rather unplayed) chars those ships as well -> add another 2 x 3 = 6
That would be 90.
I considered doing the MUE with only 4 chars already a pita, at only 48 runs. Maybe those races do not substract as much sanity as The Brobisek Adventures (tm). We'll see.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom