Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Drakron

Arcane
I have no idea how that carrier works, turn rate is 7 thats "OK" but 3/3 weapon simply makes it poor and its very Sci heavy that doesnt help since it have no real Eng ability being stuck with ... NO Eng stations, you either use your Lt Universal or your Lt Hybrid for it.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'm going to be a little unorthodox with the thingie and kit it with only one Aux2Bat (experience has taught me that A2B is pretty good on science as well, since it lets you either reduce the boff weight needed, or diversify; all you need to worry about is timing), and complement of full smorgasbord of all sorts of goodies besides (such as Photonic Officer II). 3/3 is standard for pure Carriers and Sciboats, but the Breen Carrier has 4 Tac consoles which is p. sweet and its boff layout is still better than its closest competitor Kar'fi.

But yea, generally speaking you only need Cmdr Sci, anything besides is ultimately excess. The ideal pure Carrier would have Cmdr Sci, LtC Eng, LtC Tac, Lt Eng, and a Universal something something.

My current plan in terms of abilities:

Tac Team (partially doffed), Attack Pattern Beta I, Fire At Will III
Polarize Hull I, Hazard Emitters II
Science Team I/Transfer Shield Strength I/, Tractor Beam Repulsors I, Photonic Officer II, Gravity Well III
EptSI, Aux2Bat
EptWI, RSP

Twin hangar cooldown doffs, broadside of Antiprotons (it's a kitty, I don't have to give a fuck), and the standard set of gear.

Drakron

Arcane
You should go OSS with it, I hear good things about it ... never tried since I am lazy and I like the extra tanking on the only ship I have with Int seating.

And since my calculations were turned wrong due to Rivera XP Table faggoty I ended up 1 level short, amazing how the XP you get in Delta Missions is about for TWO WHOLE LEVELS!

Davidshky

Scholar
Yeah I'm considering something like OSS1 + A2B1 in the engi/intel station and EPtX1 + A2B1 in the universal station for those characters that are already running A2B builds.

Otherwise I think deflector doffs would be a good idea and maybe a conn officer to reduce the CD of TT1 so you can cycle TT, FAW and APB by using the uni station as a tac station.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
OSS is a must whenever you can squeeze it in. How did I manage to go without it? Watching my weapon energy jump to 150 always brings a tear into my eye. Only a manly one of course.
The carrier seems to be a not-so-bad choice for my klang stepchild, but I guess I will grind for the old cruiser anyway. Never flown a pure carrier before, maybe it turn out to be..... fun. Don't tell Norfleet.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I hope you are only talking in terms of "the extended tutorial until lvl50 is moah fun as a Klang", because Fed is and will always be the XBone of STO: stuff will be made for them, then poorly ported to Romulards and Klangs.
2 T6 boats each for Rom/Klang, but the 6th now for Feds. And you can bet your shitposting rights that the next T6 will be Fed again, most likely a Defiant rererererefit.
There is still no proper Sciboat for anyone except Feds...

But you are just in time for the Winter Event. Happy Grindmas!

Davidshky

Scholar
I will probably be able to afford it in the somewhat near future but the price will probably be the lowest around the release and right now I only have around 170-180 mil EC and the winter event has kinda reduced my income.

I guess I could try grinding elite queues since the R&D materials you get are pretty valuable. Bug hunt elite and undine infiltration elite are even pretty easy but I'm not sure if you'll really earn that much from those.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
No selfrespecting Romulard would fly a mushroom basestar! :obviously:
And where would the other factions even get one from? They only met them shortly in the very last DR mission. Meh whatever, the spice must flow.

Edit: Right, basestar, not battlestar.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The mushroom basestar could work on less prominent races, most notably the überkattzen, Nausicaans or Gorn.

Davidshky

Scholar
Or in my case, my human character that already has the Monbosh and the S'golth and need this to complete the set.

Plz lend EC.

Norfleet

But Q is still the most wonderful being you've ever known! A genius...and so handsome!

Bliblablubb

Arcane

Davidshky

Scholar
Now all they really have to do is move the pie-eating competition somewhere like Gre'thor or anywhere where I won't hear the OM NOM NOM NOM!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom