Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Yeah the KDF ships are... not great. The FEDs show the team's undying devotion towards the Exelsior class, maybe the mission pod on top is even optional like on the old sciboats.

For the ROMs... I am obviously a fanboi of the old designs, but a silent part of me approves. Sadly the sciboat is the bestlooking one, the tacboat being the tirangle. Seems the sciboats got the best looks all around this time.

Oh, forgot to post the leak link, showing which boat is what: http://iqfleet.org/private/leaks

Edit: the rom cruiser will probably look funny, considering it has the wings extremly swept towards the front, and with it's low turnrate shooting it's torpedos from the nose may end up with them clipping through the wings. Also broadsiding. The space winnebago already looked ridiculous, now there will be a new contestant! :hahano:

Last edited:

Subject37

Educated
Yeah the KDF ships are... not great.

They're extremely half-ass. Put a Bortasqu' in a blender with a Negh'var, add a touch of Vo'quv and VOILA, new ships! I really hope those aren't the finalized designs but my experience with Cryptic's previous Klingon-related efforts tells me they probably are. I kind of like the Fed designs, as I'm a big Excelsior fan myself and these ships are much closer to "traditional" Starfleet in comparison to the Scryer or Eclipse. The Space Elves win the style award just like they always do.

Davidshky

Scholar
I think the KDF ship can look decent if we can mix the different parts which I kinda get the feeling we'll be able to.

Subject37

Educated
I think the KDF ship can look decent if we can mix the different parts which I kinda get the feeling we'll be able to.

You'll be able to, but only if you happen to own whichever variant you want the parts from. So you'd have to buy the inevitable 3-pack to unlock all the ship costume pieces.

But yes you're right. It looks like you'd be able to make a passable Bortasqu' by mixing together some pieces from the 3 KDF command ships. 6000 zen for the T6 Bortasqu' I've been hoping to see. Yay.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yeah the KDF ships are... not great. The FEDs show the team's undying devotion towards the Exelsior class, maybe the mission pod on top is even optional like on the old sciboats.

For the ROMs... I am obviously a fanboi of the old designs, but a silent part of me approves. Sadly the sciboat is the bestlooking one, the tacboat being the tirangle. Seems the sciboats got the best looks all around this time.

Oh, forgot to post the leak link, showing which boat is what: http://iqfleet.org/private/leaks

Edit: the rom cruiser will probably look funny, considering it has the wings extremly swept towards the front, and with it's low turnrate shooting it's torpedos from the nose may end up with them clipping through the wings. Also broadsiding. The space winnebago already looked ridiculous, now there will be a new contestant! :hahano:
Just to point out, don't say "sciboat" or "tacboat." They're all battlecruisers bro, like a pack of Avengers (in terms of auras at least, I'm guessing no 5-3 slots).

Bliblablubb

Arcane
So you think we are looking at 3 "agile" cruisers with different 4-4-3 setups? Interesting. But I think when given the choice, people will still go for the one with the most tac consoles. Another 32% dakka (plus crit chance if you are space rich) is hard to pass on. I know I feel 3 tac consoles are a little... lacking on my Guardian.
Considering what we have seen about the command spec however, I don't consider them a "must have" though, especially if you already bought the intel ships.

Eventually they will come with some op mastery trait/console set, so people will buy them.

If I weren't married to the Derpidex, I would feel tempted to buy a romboat, since the fartbird turned out to be a little disappoiinting. How often do you guys use the intel probe anyway?

Vaarna_Aarne

I try to use it every time I encounter a stronger enemy, since there's no point in using it on mooks due to mooks being made of explodium. The damage amplifying expose (reduces enemy DR and Shields take more damage) is actually really really damn good.

Anyway, I'd guess the Tac variant will have 4 tac consoles. The real kicker is going to be the console sets and traits (and for vain people, the parts). But yea, IF I were to get one, I'd probably use a normal spec rather than Command.

Davidshky

Scholar
Who knows, maybe the sci versions have sensor analysis like the sci oddy and sci bortas. SA >>> 1 extra tac console.

Drakron

Arcane
Not interested, I am not Vaarna to drop 120$ on ships I have no intention to use.

Subject37

Educated
Blog post about the new command ships -

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9066073-tier-6-command-ships

One thing that popped out at me is that the Fed and KDF command ships do NOT come with the weapon systems efficiency or strategic manuvering cruiser commands. Only attract fire and shield frequency modulation. These things are going to be all about team buffing and support. I'm not sure why any player that focuses mostly on solo PVE (like me) would have much interest.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Shield aura isn't bad in itself, and if you use a Wide Angle torp you will still have plenty of overflow power without weapons efficiency (not to mention auras don't stack so in that way it's got something; besides IMO Shield aura is easily second-best). But you're right, that's a completely new aura layout, certainly not that of the Battlecruiser. Maybe we can call these Battlecarriers?

The consoles sound p. gay tho.

Now, Inspiration. THAT sounds like it might be bamf, it might be a betterfasterstronger Attack Pattern Alpha.

But the real clincher is yet hidden: Is that a bass mouth they're hiding down there? (No way am I getting this for non-Feds unless the Rom ships are really really fucking awesome, which is a tough thing; bass mouth is instant no-sale tho)

Meh... seems like a better idea to wait for the fleet intel ships, but that's just my crazy opinion.

PS. I've extracted as many fleet shekels as I need from that random fleet and I am now ready to come back... perhaps then Blib will stop calling me a traitor. D:

Last edited:

Drakron

Arcane
My horrid horrid horrid grind to pay for my Borg set is FINISHED! ... Oh God if I see another Voth ...

Plus on Tribble:
  • Bridge Officers can now be converted into a Training Manual.
    • To begin this process, in either the inventory or Bridge Officer Candidate window, right click an Officer and choose to Create Manual.
    • The player can now choose to create one Manual from one of the available powers that the Bridge Officer has.
    • Pressing Choose Manual will create the Manual and place it into the inventory to be used later.
Well a purpose to BOFFs instead of worthless shit that is taking up space.

• To begin this process, in either the inventory or Bridge Officer Candidate window, right click an Officer and choose to Create Manual.
    • The player can now choose to create one Manual from one of the available powers that the Bridge Officer has.
    • Pressing Choose Manual will create the Manual and place it into the inventory to be used later.

I am... so happy right now... sniff...

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Plus on Tribble:
Well a purpose to BOFFs instead of worthless shit that is taking up space.
Finally a reason again to claim all those BOFFs through DOFF mission that do not reward Romulards! Those fed buggers are already piling up in my inventory and mailbox, because... you know, being a hoarder and all that. It will also bring the prison mission back to popularity for a free TS3 manual. Gonna be a field day if those turn out to be boc/boa.

One thing that popped out at me is that the Fed and KDF command ships do NOT come with the weapon systems efficiency or strategic manuvering cruiser commands. Only attract fire and shield frequency modulation. These things are going to be all about team buffing and support. I'm not sure why any player that focuses mostly on solo PVE (like me) would have much interest.
Yet the Romulard ships still keep all the singularity powers. That's one odd design choice.
Also: "To account for fewer players activating bridge officer abilities when on smaller teams or playing solo, you gain a bonus to Inspiration generation in these circumstances. That said, you will generally be able to generate Inspiration more quickly in a full team."
So it's a little like waiting for singularity charges or a 3 min cooldown on the Plasma Rance Attack.

perhaps then Blib will stop calling me a traitor. D:

Once a traitor, always a traitor. It's been months and Drakron is still considered a trippletraitor.
5nurud.jpg

Last edited:

Subject37

Educated
Man I feel bad for these boffs. They've been waiting around for years for a bridge seat on one of my ships and now I'm going to turn them all into books.

Drakron

Arcane
Well that's just getting back to previous status quo on the Exchange.

Not exactly, books arent faction locked so no more "I am KDF Rom and I am looking for RSP3 and all I see is a sea of Feds", this will drive prices up and down ... that is only BOFFs worth a shit will end up in the exchange as the rest will be turn into books.

BOFF prices will go up, book prices will go down.

Davidshky

Scholar
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/st...etail/9066823-tier-6-command-ships-federation

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9066843-tier-6-command-ships-kdf

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9066863-tier-6-command-ships-romulan

All Hands on Deck
After achieving level 5 in the Presidio, Ty’Gokor or Vastam Class Command ship’s starship mastery, you will unlock the All Hands on Deck starship trait. While this trait is slotted, activating a Tactical or Command Bridge Officer ability will reduce the recharge time of Science Bridge Officer and Captain abilities. This may only occur once every few seconds.

Also, the KDF finally got a z-store sciency cruiser and the hull on the fed ships look pretty similar to the sexcelsior.

Last edited:

Subject37

Educated
Also, the KDF finally got a z-store sciency cruiser and the hull on the fed ships look pretty similar to the sexcelsior.

I saw that Excelsior-like engineering hull as well. I have to say I like the designs of the Fed command cruisers. I even like the "tails", which most people appear to hate.

Did you notice that the "science" versions of these ships apparently don't have sensor analysis? Boo!

Davidshky

Scholar
One thing I know I'm gonna do is combining the AHOD trait with Reciprocity, Emitter synergy and possibly the kobali cruiser trait with my tac captain in a tac vesta.

CD reduction to sci and captain abilities from using tac abiltiies, CD reduction for tac ability when missed, bonus to exotic damage from using tac abilities and CD reduction to hull and shield heals when you take hull damage while below 50% health.

Though tbh I'm pretty sure that all tac characters and anyone flying ships with a lot of science and/or tac abilities will benefit A LOT from AHOD.

Also, if AHOD can proc often enough I could possibly replace the deflector doffs on my science builds with something else for even more fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom