Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Davidshky

Scholar
Tbh people getting fired in the gaming industry means almost nothing unless it's a really significant % of the company. People seem to get fired and hired hither and thither all the time.
It's pretty common people get hired for a certain project and then fired as soon as it's completed. And Smirk might just have gotten fired for being a useless CM.

Also, new leaked info http://iqfleet.org/private/leaks

T6 Galaxy and Negh'Var, iconian reputation system, new tech upgrades, new PvE queue, iconian ships (I wonder if the deadnought will be available in a dropbox).

Last edited:

Drakron

Arcane
Maybe but it seems this was caused by PW America poor performance as they had a loss last year, my guess is First Quarter revenue isnt up to expectations and this is a cut costs measure, I would have understand if it was right when DR was released, not when Neverwinter expansion is still coming out and was just delayed 3 weeks ... its not a typical laid off.

Plus they also just ended the PW wallet system, this means now you are stuck with Zen on a game instead of say buying 5000 Zen and then transfer to several games and THAT is a indication something is wrong as this is simply trying to get "loose change", no more 5000 Zen with 2000 going to Neverwinter and 3000 going to STO.

Also Smirk was PW, not Cryptic ... its not just Cryptic but all PW.

Edit:

I tested Pilot and managed to get a JHDC to turn 28 ... still way too much inertia but its a +40% turn rate before other perks.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
People getting fired from the Neverwinter team doesn't need to mean the game is about to die. It was similar for other MMOs or even offline games. It just means the game has now reached a state where a bunch of "payed modders" can add content with minimal knowledge about programming and AFAIK the 3d models are outsourced to asia anyway. Although it IS a little odd to lay people off before the latest expansion has been released, especially because it got delayed now. Delayed because less people have finish it now probably.

As for Smirk...
I won't miss him and I have no idea what was paid for anyway. News and other stuff is usually done by LaughingTrendy, even to the point where she had to take all the flak from the Derpa Raisin fiasko. In such a situation, the lead community manager himself (what Smirk at least seemed to be) has to answer to the customers, calm the outrage and try to get back their confidence. If he just ducks away and has his underling take the blame, he is just an empty chair. All we ever remember him from is bitching on the boards, declaring DR to be the best expansion ever and being the worst player ever during his twitch sessions.

Wouldn't surprise me if some chinese wyrmlord asked himself the same question when looking into it. While message boards may just be a vocal minority, it IS a source of feedback for externals. As soon as sales are going down, someone needs to take the blame. First Cryptic's executive producer was the scapegoat and was transferred to hamster duty because DR failed to meet the players expectations, now it's Smirk for his abysmal damage control afterwards.
But it's probably a case of "too little, too late".

In other news:
New feature episode coming up http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9105593

Subject37

Educated
T6 Galaxy and Negh'Var, iconian reputation system, new tech upgrades, new PvE queue, iconian ships (I wonder if the deadnought will be available in a dropbox).

The Negh'var's silhouette looks really nice. I like the CBCs, but the KDF versions are shit ugly. Hopefully the new Negh'var will be sexier.

eklektyk

Erudite
sp since i fly undeadstardestroyer as beam boat is it worth to me to get that borg set cutbeamkineticthingie ??? i kinda can dump marks for it but im undecided ...

so far im doffin for dem space doffs to put them to good use on 5 man team [since im too cheap to shell for 6 slots]
so far got grav well guy to make thing shinier ... working on timer reductions for eng weapon buff reductuin thingie ...

kinda like this new ship and tankines it gives ... but i die sometimes coz it lules me into false safety

Davidshky

Scholar
The borg cutting beam + console is afaik considered some of the few must have items in the game for almost all builds.

Drakron

Arcane
Good luck, you need BNPs for those and you choices are STF advanced or Defera Hards ... Defera hards would not be so bad but its like those MMO with premades with LFG spam.

Drakron

Arcane
I am mostly fine, the bigger issue I have is mu Orion Sci thats lacking on those.

Also comming soon! Iconian Reputation ... Ugh ....

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Good luck, you need BNPs for those
The parts of the Omega Adapted Borg Technology set (cutting beam, assimilated console and torpedo launcher) do NOT need BNPs, only the deflector/engine/shield/ground stuff does. All you need is... uuuh 500 marks each for those goodies (plus potatos). That's why even my semi-mains have them.
Buy them now before Craptic realizes this not being in line with the other rep's subsets and changes it!

The Iconian rep doesn't worry me, thanks to daily marks the reps themselves are minmal effort now. If they go back to a space adventure zone like the Undine rep, even the special item wouldn't be, but I fear they will following the Derpa rep route, more people in the STFs and such...

Pfheh, the borg STFs aren't that difficult. Give me a shout if the toon you're going to get those on is over on KDF and I'll give you a hand with them, Ekl.
Not diffcult, but I got trolled a few times and people like to go all BFAW at the generators, accidently ruining it. Yeah, I know there is an STF channel to avoid trolls, but I never got around it.

So.... T6 Failaxy and Negh'var around the corner? Fingers really crossed for a T6 Derpi this time then! If they end up making a T6 Scimiturd I'm gonna be pissed. :argh:

Subject37

Educated
So.... T6 Failaxy and Negh'var around the corner? Fingers really crossed for a T6 Derpi this time then! If they end up making a T6 Scimiturd I'm gonna be pissed. :argh:

All hail the T6 Double D! I'll buy one the instant it becomes available.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
T6 Galaxy? Isn't Guardian already a T6 Galaxy?

Also, maybe Iconian rep will finally have a Yamato Cannon trait ability... I was so excited and then so disappointed when the attack ability in Delta rep was actually for Ground.

Drakron

Arcane
T6 Galaxy? Isn't Guardian already a T6 Galaxy?

No because it cannot use the Galaxy skin, its like saying the Aelahl is the T6 D'D as its close enough but cannot use the skin.

They are likely trying to bank on fan favorites, however they better clean up those models because the Negh'Var is just launch level of crap and the Galaxy isnt much behind, the Pathfinder had a more detailed Voyager model as a option otherwise there will be some complains, of those only the Negh'Var holds some interest to me and only if they make a proper detailed model but I doubt that ... it isnt Rivera "thing".

Drakron

Arcane
And so does the backpedaling begins ...
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9111543

Of course the question is when they think we are looking the other way and the fucking retard that come with those timers tries to sneak then back in because if there is something I learned about that company is they are incapable of learning of heir mistakes, let alone admit them and will just try again since if it didnt work before it sure as hell will work now.

Drakron

Arcane
Gu4h4nt.jpg

Bliblablubb

Arcane
This brings us to our final major planned change and perhaps the most important – Advanced difficulty PvE queues will no longer fail for not completing the mission objectives that had previously been optional on Normal difficulty.
These mission objectives will remain optional for Advanced difficulty and as mentioned in the paragraph above will become a greater source of rewards (to correspond to their increased difficulty to achieve with the increase in enemy level and difficulty scale).
Woopdidoo. Took them only.. ages to realize it, after everbody has abandonded ship. That's EA level of management here, only Craptic cannot blame a bloated company for that.
Welp, at least that means I can finally give my Fedling the borg pieces that are still missing. Let's hope there are still enough people left to fill the pugs... :roll:

Subject37

Educated
Looks like I'm going to be taking a trip over to Tribble today to check out the new Negh'var. I'm sure the new Galaxy won't be far behind.

Drakron

Arcane
I checked, the Galaxy still uses the same model.

This Negh'var is just a updated model of the free Negh'var, and that means the Negh'var and the voDleh were that picture is of the voDleh parts, the pods under the wings are optional as they are under the beta option, I also taken it for a fight and the cannons fire from the wingtips and the dual beams fired from those pods, they arent cosmetic but I guess since they are optional they had to make sure the cannon hardpoints were always on the model.

Drakron

Arcane
Armor visuals were removed long ago.

Its still decent since its free and now I recall, Borg use Plasma so its actually decent against the Borg but the main problem I have is that its set 3/3 and one part of the set is a kit, it makes it much less useful for Bridge Officers as set 2 is completely lost on then and they can never get set 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom